The Rewards Card Strategies Discussion Thread

next year, as it seems to be July, since DBF got it last year at this time...I will have clean reports and will not hesitate.

I would prefer to have a targeted offer at ME but I honestly have enough credit cards and perhaps it was not meant to be.

It would have been worse to be declined.

Trying to be pragmatic and rationalize it all.

I have PRG, SPG, and BCP. Not exactly shabby, I am very fortunate.

again, thanks to everyone for the assist...

It may be dead by now.

WTF!!!

I was debating if I should get this and after going over all the details, I was ready to pay the AF for all the benefits...

Feeling like an salamander for waiting :(

now I really have an excuse to have a stiff drink with you!

This is actually quite upsetting to me. We really should have a drink over this

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many times on United you can use miles to upgrade (plus a copay which could be as much as $550/seat/way to Europe). If they log into their account/ticket (assuming they are UMP members) they should s

These Barclay quarterly bonuses have been going on for over 2 years now:   Q1 2014 I received a targeted offer from Barclays for an additional 2X points in several categories on my Priceline card.

There's no need to with the BA 100K offer, and you can also use your BA Exec Club number for oneworld revenue flights. Having a Household account helps as well.

Upsets me as well despite rationalization. However, I have had other worse things happen...

Got to roll with the punches.

Glad I got so many cards before the mortgage went crazy.

All of us here have taken a few in the gut.

Somehow not getting to app for an AmEx Plat while it is at 100K is not a national tragedy, more of a personal one!

Just got 6,000 rapid rewards southwest points for booking a hotel room through their new rocketmiles.com...

The hotel room cost $134 with tax for the night.. I value SW points at .0175cpp ... basically got the hotel room for $29 not bad

What about this? http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=29947.msg1246780#msg1246780

4 AMEX approvals in one day...

Kids play for DDF members.

Is DDF really that extreme compared to FT?

I really enjoy it but does it really compare?

No comparison. Check out the SBS thread. Some have 350+ AU's and they are not BSing. Some learned from reading about CB's own BW.

What about this? http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=29947.msg1246780#msg1246780

No comparison. Check out the SBS thread. Some have 350+ AU's and they are not BSing. Some learned from reading about CB's own BW.
That's insane

I've never even bother to check it out, what does DDF stand for?

• Admin

Got the offer for the Aviator Silver. That's a stupidly ridiculous set of "benefits" for a $195 fee. $30K spend required for the companion certificates?!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

GE "benefits" are useless to me, my whole family already has GE.

:beee:

welcome back to the land of the living, HL.

I look forward to seeing you in God's country (NYC).

you won't believe the transformation of the apt.... it is finito.

Finally. Now to clean out the drawers again.

All things are possible with -0- HP on TU.

That's insane

Dans Deals Forum

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=46730.0

That's insane

Dans Deals Forum

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=46730.0

,ah i figured. I had barely stumbled across dansdeals like maybe a month ago when I started my m$ investigation lol

Just got 6,000 rapid rewards southwest points for booking a hotel room through their new rocketmiles.com...

The hotel room cost $134 with tax for the night.. I value SW points at .0175cpp ... basically got the hotel room for $29 not bad

175/1000ths (7/40ths simplified) of a cent doesn't sound very appealing to me.

What does that even mean?

Rocketmiles offers bonus miles on one of several different airlines when you do your first booking. They are otherwise unaffiliated with SWA.

I used a similar offer to earn AA miles for my first (and last) Rocketmiles booking in March.

Rocketmiles offers bonus miles on one of several different airlines when you do your first booking. They are otherwise unaffiliated with SWA.

I used a similar offer to earn AA miles for my first (and last) Rocketmiles booking in March.

Does Rocketmiles offer competitive prices?

I don't book many prepaid/non-refundable hotel reservations that earn no hotel loyalty points. If you're okay with all of that, the price was pretty good.

I don't book many prepaid/non-refundable hotel reservations that earn no hotel loyalty points. If you're okay with all of that, the price was pretty good.

Thanks. :good:

• Similar Content

• By Genie
      Hello, I'm looking for the best card to pay for a $4k purchase. I've got the money but I'd like to use a card that will get me the most value back like in cash back or sign up bonus for spending a large amount. This is an orthodontist purchase but I want to get the most bang for my money.

I have: AmEx everyday preferred, Capital One secure, CreditOne platinum.
      My relative has Discover it.

I hope y'all can help with this!

• By StarkRaven$
      Before joining CB's I had no knowledge or appreciation of credit card rewards. When I was rebuilding my credit I noticed under the "advanced tab" posts discussing rewards but at the time I assumed I would never have a use for that. In other words, I simply didn't understand it. Fast forward to today, For Christmas I bought my grandson a limited edition LA Rams Eric Dickerson tee shirt and covered the entire cost through rewards simply by paying my utility bills and using my US Bank cc. 

Seriously! If someone was to tell me I could do that four years ago, I would just tune out and dismiss it in my mind. So thank you very much for all the invaluable education here on Creditboards. You all are amazing!
    • By StarkRaven$
      My Amex Everyday Card Preferred sign up bonus pts were added to my card yesterday. The sign up bonus for at least $1K spend within three months is 15K additional points. It's on their website and I confirmed it with Amex over the phone. In the fine print bonus pts will not increase or apply to 50% more pts if you make 30 or more purchases within a statement period. They added 25K pts instead! I'll gladly take the extra 10K pts. Just hope they don't correct later.  Has that ever happened to anyone before?

DESCRIPTIO     AEDP $2k Spd/25k MR Pts These points have been added because of an offer or qualifying purchases made.
    • By StarkRaven$
      I booked a RT flight from San Diego to Hayden, CO on the Alaska Air website a month ago for Feb travel. I did not use any points. Total cost was $337.30. Today the same flight from the Alaska Air website is $468.

On the Amex Travel booking site the same Alaska flight is $720. I realize I can earn more reward points with Amex going through their travel site but the cost is too expensive.

I only travel twice a year and it's usually to visit my brother in Steamboat Springs.

Am I missing something here? Could someone explain or direct me to post on CB.

• By policebox
      I received this offer for my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card to earn 2,000 bonus points ($20).

Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or this seems like an insanely terrible offer.

Here is how I'm interpreting the deal:
      Must do spending between November 1 and December 31, 2019 Must spend $2,100 before you start earning bonus points You can earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points (redemptions are 100 points = $1, so $20 maximum cash back) You earn 20% Bonus Points per dollar spent (0.4 Bonus Points per $1) At this rate, you'd need to spend $7,100 ($2,100 + $5,000) to get the maximum bonus of 2,000 points ($5,000 * 0.4 points/$1 = 2,000 points)  
      Tell me I'm crazy and how.

Edit: I think I found my math error. Looks like after you spend $2,100, if you spend an additional $5,000 you'd get $20 cash back. Still, hardly worth stressing over.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PhDScholar

Important Information

Guidelines