Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Something Interesting!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2159 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

*Disclaimer: typing with my iPad, so I apologize for errors!

Today while doing my daily pulls I noticed something Imtersting.

A little back story first. I received a letter stating that Navient who I never heard of was buying my loans, but nothing else would change. I received that letter probably six months before the switch. Well, soon after the switch, I log on to my new navient account only to find that half of my loans are gone. I then get another letter a week later stating the Nelnet has purchased half of my loans. I was pretty mad considering Sallie Mae said nothing else would change, so did Navient. I didn't know anything of this until after it happened. So after being aggravated, I just decided to deal with it, set them all up for auto pay again, and forget about them.

Well, today I login to find that during the switch my Navient loans were closed and new Nelnet loans were reporting, but the new Nelnet loans were reporting with my original loan date, so it added 10 months to my AAOA and also 10 months to my credit length history. Raised my score to the tune of 8 points on my EQ. so essentially it added four new accounts with old 2006-2008 dates :)

The second odd thing was my capital one card that I got during college (my first cc) which only had a limit of $500 was bumped to $2000. I asked for a CLI last year and they said no, so I called and asked and they said they wouldn't give me one since I didn't use the car, I complanined saying that I have credit lines of well over 10k and i would never use it with that low of a limit, they still said no. I never login and even check that account, but just so happened to check and boom the AUTO CLI, which seemed odd to me. I may have to use it now a couple times to show them I still care 👍😀

Anyone else have a similar experience with their Student Loans. I'm on the downside and hoping to pay them off this year, but thought that it was interesting how it took place on my CRs. Didn't think they would process like that. My old loans show (Transferred/Sold/Closed.)

INPUT PLEASE?

Edited by Mothergoose24

Yes that's common with any loan that is sold.

Whether you're happy about the duplicate reporting

depends on your open date and your AAOA.

Yes that's common with any loan that is sold.

Whether you're happy about the duplicate reporting

depends on your open date and your AAOA.

Thank you, had no idea as this has never happened to me before. In my case it seems to have helped me, since my student loans are all my oldest lines.

The last post in this topic was posted 2159 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By desibaaba
      Thank you Credit board members for a wealth of information.

It's time to say good bye.
      Relieved after closing accounts.

Merrick Bank ( July 2008) Limit: 1650 Annual Fee 96.00
      Merrick Bank ( Hooters Card) ( Sep 2008) Limit: 1100 Annual Fee: 96.00
      Capital One ( Feb 2009) Limit: 1000 Annual fee: 39:00
    • By belairpatrol
      Just past 6 months and interest rate is 22.9%. Will they pull credit report if I ask for lower interest rate?
    • By papageorgio
      In 2009 I defaulted on a Federal student loan with Nelnet. The loan had a balance of approx $950 at the time of default. Nelnet transferred the loan to ECMC, and in 2010 I entered into a rehab agreement with ECMC. Under the rehabilitation payment terms, the loan was paid in full on the final rehabilitation payment. Fast forward to 2014 and my credit repair journey... I discovered that despite stating all negative remarks would be removed, ECMC continued to report this account as a collection on my reports. I disputed; they verified. I filed a BBB complaint; they removed the account and stated that the loan had been paid in full during rehabilitation. Nelnet continues to report the account with a current status of 120+ days past due with comments stating, "Student loan assigned to government." I disputed; Nelnet verified. I filed a BBB complaint and included the response from ECMC. Nelnet refuses to remove the current reporting status of 120+ days past due, and the comments. They state that because the loan was paid in full to them by ECMC, and never repurchased by a lender, they do not considered it rehabilitated. So, I abided by the terms of the rehabilitation, and am being punished for it. Any advice on where to go next? NELNET's Response: Our records reflect that your loan #* on account **** did not receive the necessary payments, went past due, and defaulted. This loan was paid to Nelnet by it's guarantor, ECMC. Our records reflect that the loan owned by ECMC was paid in full to ECMC. Payment in full to the guarantor does not rehabilitate a loan. Since the loan was not rehabilitated, we are unable to retract the default or past due reporting for this loan. ECMC's response: ECMC has reviewed your concerns with the collection agency which was assigned to handle your account. Based on that review it was determined you did establish a repayment plan to rehabilitate your loan. Due to the low balance of the loan, it was paid in full before a rehabilitation lender could repurchase any balance. Because your rehabilitation payments were made as per your agreement, ECMC has submitted requests to remove its tradeline from your credit report. ECMC has no control over and is not responsible for how long it takes the consumer reporting agencies to remove the tradeline.  

• By Menta33
      My DW has a new JCB Marukai 3% card, but she was given only a $2,500 limit and they would not reconsider and indicated you must wait six months before applying for a CLI. We overpaid the current balance, and when you login, it now says available credit is ~$4,000. Does anyone have experience with this card and know whether a $3,000 charge would be approved at this point? I know that for Capital One account in the same situation, it would not be approved.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Climaxxll
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines