The Master 2015 Credit Approvals Thread

IndyPoolPlayer

The last post in this topic was posted 2594 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

BofA Cash Rewards Visa started out as a secured card a couple of years ago.

Just got a CLI.

20K ---> 30K

I applied for a cli on the Penfed Plat Rewards Visa this morning. The application was referred to a loan officer. I logged in about 20 minutes later and saw that I was approved.

Penfed cli 14.5K --> 20K

:dance:

Cit Diamond CLI to $5,000 from $3,700. Seems they like to give me $1,200 or $1,300 every 6 months. Soft pull, so still better than begging Chase.

And FYI, had one purchase on the card in the 6 months between CLI requests, for $9.00.

Same here.

Walmart CC $2.2K --> $6.5K

How???? Congrats btw!

I requested through the message link. The first increase went to $4K. I then received a letter in the mail stating that they were working on my request, This morning, I received an additional $2.5K. It didn't seem to me that one hand was talking to the other.

Edited by cloknem

Hmmm, so there's a Master thread for this stuff.

OK, lessee... in February or thereabouts I received an unrequested CLI on my BankAmericard® ($6K ? $9K), then in March I got approved for Discover at $12,500 - my first ever 5-digit tradeline, opening or otherwise. It's at $13,000 now and I suppose I ought to call and ask for another CLI... (they still doing $1,500 quarterly with SP only?)

Last August I got approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred® at $13,900; then a few weeks later I decided I would try and pounce at Citi's Executive World Elite, but unsure of how I'd handle the $7,500 spend requirement; meanwhile I had a mail offer from U.S. Bank for 20months 0 interest. I decided I could do Exec Elite as long as I had the U.S. Bank card, so I apped for the latter and was approved for $15,000. I was approved for the Citi one as well ($10,500) but that's been quite a <a href="https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=551643&hl=">negativecustomer service experience</a> such that it's gotten to the point I might ask them to reverse the $450 charge and close the account.

(I'm not betting that they're GOING to reverse the fee, but it's a way of telling how angry I am at them).

Also got approved for a Cenex credit card, for us proud Upper Midwest motorists. It's $1,000 and I'm curious to see how it might grow over the long term.

I think this might be the year I added my Express account via SCT; though it may have been holiday season last year. Anyway this is the year I got that one up to $1,800 (whoop de doo) and my J. Crew card up $4K to $4,750. And my JC Penney card went from $2,700 to $5,700 this year as well. :)

well well.. something weird just happened...

I applied for the BOA travel rewards signature visa, 2 weeks ago.. got declined online, called to recon, agent in a nice way shot me down. I said thank you, hang up called again, same answer.. so I was like.. fine..

just got an email saying I will receive my new card in 5 to 7 business day.. I was like I never ordered a replacement card...

logged in and I saw the traveling rewards with a $10,500 CL..

I even got their letter for the reason it was declined... go figure....

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Edited by cyberone28

I applied for the BOA travel rewards signature visa, 2 weeks ago.. got declined online, called to recon, agent in a nice way shot me down. I said thank you, hang up called again, same answer.. so I was like.. fine..

just got an email saying I will receive my new card in 5 to 7 business day.. I was like I never ordered a replacement card...

Yeah, one time I got a denial letter from Sync a week after they gave me a CLI. Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :grin:

Yeah, one time I got a denial letter from Sync a week after they gave me a CLI. Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. :grin:

and I hope it stays that way :grin:

Barclays Hawaiian Airlines with a starting limit of $15,000. It took 5 recon calls (the first four said "too many new accounts"), before I got a yes. So don't give up after one or two or four tries :)

I was surprised that the successful call was successful -- this was 7pm on a Friday night, and the UW started the calling sounding like someone who was stuck working on a Friday night (the Friday night before Halloween, no less). Two things I did different on this call --

1. I stated that I had a specific need for this card, and then described the need in detail (new client in Honolulu will have me flying to Hawaii every 4-6 weeks -- I know, it sucks to be me :) )
  2. I finished by saying "I received a letter saying that I have too many recent accounts. Do you have the authority to override that decision?"

The "do you have the authority" part was intended as a tweak, and the UW rose to the challenge. His tone immediately changed, like "hell Yeah I have the authority!". He put me on hold to review my file, and came back a minute later saying "By Barclays' standards, you've done an excellent job of managing your credit, and we'd be pleased to offer you an opening limit of $15,000".

Barclays Hawaiian Airlines with a starting limit of $15,000. It took 5 recon calls (the first four said "too many new accounts"), before I got a yes. So don't give up after one or two or four tries :)

I was surprised that the successful call was successful -- this was 7pm on a Friday night, and the UW started the calling sounding like someone who was stuck working on a Friday night (the Friday night before Halloween, no less). Two things I did different on this call --

1. I stated that I had a specific need for this card, and then described the need in detail (new client in Honolulu will have me flying to Hawaii every 4-6 weeks -- I know, it sucks to be me :) )
  2. I finished by saying "I received a letter saying that I have too many recent accounts. Do you have the authority to override that decision?"

The "do you have the authority" part was intended as a tweak, and the UW rose to the challenge. His tone immediately changed, like "hell Yeah I have the authority!". He put me on hold to review my file, and came back a minute later saying "By Barclays' standards, you've done an excellent job of managing your credit, and we'd be pleased to offer you an opening limit of $15,000".

Nice one, that made my night! hell, yeah :rofl:

Walmart $6K to $10K, asked for $35K... they had to text me a security code that I needed to repeat to them before completing CLI

Bank of Hawaii/Barclays Hawaiian Airlines $12K

BOH/Barclays branding is funny on the website. Log in thru Barclays, when I switch from SallieMae to Hawaiian Airlines card, the banner changes from Barclays to BOH. Same thing happened on the app page. Anybody with this card, does it say Barclays or BOH?

approved for chase amazon card with a low $700 limit, anyone have experience with this card and getting a cli if I call backdoor number? its my lowest approval so far, highest is cap1 venture 15k that is already on my reports. thanks

Walmart $6K to $10K, asked for $35K... they had to text me a security code that I needed to repeat to them before completing CLI

Bank of Hawaii/Barclays Hawaiian Airlines $12K

BOH/Barclays branding is funny on the website. Log in thru Barclays, when I switch from SallieMae to Hawaiian Airlines card, the banner changes from Barclays to BOH. Same thing happened on the app page. Anybody with this card, does it say Barclays or BOH?

There's a Bank of Hawaii branded version of the Hawaiian Airlines card, but I think you'll only get that if you applied thru the Bank of Hawaii link. Are you a Bankoh customer? I app'd directly thru the Barclays site, so I'll let you know what my card and online interface says when I get my card in a week or two :)

How long were you at 6k on your Wally? I have a thread on that subject, where a number of us have been stalled for months at 6k Wally / 17k Lowes

Edited by JeffeVerde

AmEx Hilton HHonors (not the Surpass), $15k (matched my AmEx Costco CL).

I'm not sure if it's a targeted offer, or if everyone with an HHonors number is getting it, but my most recent HHonors statement included a promo for 60k HH points, with only $750 in spend requried. That's only 10k less than the Surpass offer, with no AF and 1/4 of the spend.

Haven't been active on the boards for a while. 2015 has been relatively slow for me as I've allowed accounts to age during a year of moving for a new career opportunity.

Chase - IHG approved for 14.5k (largest card with Chase but will likely move some ammounts around to bring up the Freedom card). I believe one of the other three cards received an auto increase around 2.5k after heavy useage.

Amex- finally successfully requested a CLI on my first cards with them that has sat at 2k for years. Increased to 6k, right in line with the 3x request here

Citi- two CLIs bringing my TY card to 28.8k and DPR to 13.3k.

BOA - took a HP earlier in the year to finally get the Merrill+ back over 20k (cld years ago after requesting a CLI when the line was at 31k). May sacrifice another pull before the end of the year.

I had planned another Amex early next year but may forgo that due to the lack of d*. Mostly making the scores work in my favor to target rewards cards. And that 250k mark has always been just within reach, so I may take the AAOA hit and succumb to the bad influence of some CB'ers.

Haven't been active on the boards for a while. 2015 has been relatively slow for me as I've allowed accounts to age during a year of moving for a new career opportunity.

Chase - IHG approved for 14.5k (largest card with Chase but will likely move some ammounts around to bring up the Freedom card). I believe one of the other three cards received an auto increase around 2.5k after heavy useage.

Amex- finally successfully requested a CLI on my first cards with them that has sat at 2k for years. Increased to 6k, right in line with the 3x request here

Citi- two CLIs bringing my TY card to 28.8k and DPR to 13.3k.

BOA - took a HP earlier in the year to finally get the Merrill+ back over 20k (cld years ago after requesting a CLI when the line was at 31k). May sacrifice another pull before the end of the year.

I had planned another Amex early next year but may forgo that due to the lack of d*. Mostly making the scores work in my favor to target rewards cards. And that 250k mark has always been just within reach, so I may take the AAOA hit and succumb to the bad influence of some CB'ers.

Congrats on those scores from the gardening, and on your CLIs! Targeting reward cards that work for you sounds wise, and makes me long for the time when I again can do such things. I feel blessed to have a couple, and just wanted to say your method and reasonng sounds solid.

PenFed Cash Rewards $20k--> $30k (that's alot of gasoline).

Chase AARP $3K-> $15K

Cap1 Spark Cash $7.5k-> $10.5k

Chase Ink Cash $3k-> $10k

Barclay Hawaiian Airlines $2k-> $7.5k

DiscoverIT $3k-> $3.3k (go figure)

The last post in this topic was posted 2594 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.