The Master 2015 Credit Approvals Thread

IndyPoolPlayer

The last post in this topic was posted 2526 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

12 new accounts since March 2015, but Citi was kind enough to let me have a Citi Simplicity card. $8,400 CL and they pulled TU - FICO 732. The analyst even admitted that my Citi DC card at $3,500 was a low limit and the employees (analysts) there have pushed for higher limits for the Citi DC.

12 new accounts since March 2015, but Citi was kind enough to let me have a Citi Simplicity card. $8,400 CL and they pulled TU - FICO 732. The analyst even admitted that my Citi DC card at $3,500 was a low limit and the employees (analysts) there have pushed for higher limits for the Citi DC.

You have 12 inquiries in 8 months and got approved for all apps?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He had more inquiries than that if one card is a CapOne. Good income, clean accounts, decent income, and excellent payment history and low utility= success... so I assume he fit a perfect profile.

He had more inquiries than that if one card is a CapOne. Good income, clean accounts, decent income, and excellent payment history and low utility= success... so I assume he fit a perfect profile.
Would that mean inquiries doesn't matter?

I'll take that back, it is kind of misleading. Some of them (at least 3, maybe 4) I can think of were car shopping inquiries, all on the same day back in May, don't know if the analyst can see that on her end. I haven't been late in 6 something years, average age of about 6 something years and a 732 FICO work in my favor.

Would that mean inquiries doesn't matter?

About 11% utilization right about now. I admit all the new accounts are NOT ideal at all and if I had to do it again, I would space things out in 6-9 month increments. I think inquiries matter a little bit to some people, but the analyst brought up my late payments from 6 YEARS ago.

when you get to an avg age of ten or so you will be in the 800s...

and by next year the lates will all be off your reports. I assume you PIF each statement or even before?

I find that TU score is more sensitive to HI, I don't know about the others.

I am hoping that was the case, I have six student loans accounts that all have a 60, 90 and then at least 6 120+ days late on my report. It is a major disappointment. MyFICO says my score did not move because of HI at all, was surprised at that. I can't wait till all of these lates are off and I have a 740-760+ score. That should qualify me for the best mortgage rates.

Wally store card $10k -> $15k

Awesome!

Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I call Sync :P
Yup! My next call is scheduled for statement cuts November 9th. Well unless someone dares me to do it later today! !!???lol. Last walmart / Lowe's CLI was 9/4, tried wally on 10/2, they weren't amused. Edited by Cmike241

Awesome!

Yup! My next call is scheduled for statement cuts November 9th. Well unless someone dares me to do it later today! !!???lol. Last walmart / Lowe's CLI was 9/4, tried wally on 10/2, they weren't amused.

Well, then... I dare you!!! :lol:

Awesome!

Yup! My next call is scheduled for statement cuts November 9th. Well unless someone dares me to do it later today! !!???lol. Last walmart / Lowe's CLI was 9/4, tried wally on 10/2, they weren't amused.

Oh mannnn. .. ok take me 30 mins to get then I'll call.

Awesome!

Chat or UW number 1st?

Awesome!

Chat or UW number 1st?

UW

Kat58 - I would like to request a credit limit increase.

Justin - Hello Kat58. Thank you for contacting us today. I would be happy to assist with your inquiry. May I take 2 to 3 minutes to review your account?

Kat58 - Yes, it is a soft pull, correct?

Justin - Unfortunately, there is no way to determine from here if it's a soft or hard pull on your credit. However, a credit check is definitely required.

Kat58 - I do not want a Hard Pull

Justin - I understand. Please call the credit bureau and inquire how a credit limit increase request may affect your credit.

Kat58 - I want to cancel my request. I do not want a Hard Pull.

Justin - Okay. It has not been processed. Would there be anything else I can assist you with?

Kat58 - No thanks... Have a nice day

Justin - Thank you for being a valued Walmart Customer and using our Live Chat Services today. Have a great day!

This is the first, and last time, I've requested a cli thru "chat".

I only call the Magic # now ;)

This happened 4 days ago.

Edited by Kat58

The last post in this topic was posted 2526 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.