The Master 2015 Credit Approvals Thread

IndyPoolPlayer

The last post in this topic was posted 2594 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Walmart CLI from $20K to $25K

Amex Business Gold Rewards

75K MR points for $10K spend in 3 months

AF waived the first year

Amex SPG Business for $3K

10K *P for first purchase, 15K *P for $5K spend in 6 months

AF waived the first year

Cap1 PC QS1 to QS

CLI from $4000 to $7500

Discover CLIs (3x $1000) from $8500 to $11.5K.

Amex Business Platinum

150K MR points for $20K spend in 3 months

Discover CLI from $11.5K to $12.5K (in May)

Walmart CLI from $6K to $10K

Lowe's CLI from $17K to $35K

Fidelity Amex CLI from $15K to $25K

Discover CLI from $12.5 to $13.5K (earlier this month)

NFCU Flagship CLI from $25K to $35K

Citi AA MC CLI from $4800 to $6300 with a SP

Citi AA Exec MC $8500

75K miles/$7500 spend in 3 months

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa $6000

75K points/$2K spend in 3 months

Chase Ink Plus Visa $10K

50K UR points/$5K spend in 3 months

Walmart CLI from $15K to $20K (3rd CLI in 45 days)

Barclays Miles & More MC CLI from $24,100 to $30,000

Amex Hilton HHonors auto CLI from $1K to $2K

Amex SPG CLI from $3K to $9K

Cap1 QS CLI from $7.5K to $10K

Amex Platinum

100K/$3K in 3 months

Discover CLI from $13.5K to $15.5K

21 days since my last CLI on this card:

Walmart CLI from $25K to $35K last night via the Sr UW number.

Both my Synchrony cards are at $35K now. :)

Edited by mendelssohn

just laying low until the chargeoffs are either removed for cause (long fight) and/or the mortgage is resolved. even Navy won't put my Rewards visa line on my Flagship unless I retire the Rewards and wait to see if they will increase my Flagship with my TU sinking due to mortgage.

Think I will rest on my laurels and enjoy my more than adequate credit lines. It was only a year ago Oct 1 that I got my first unsecured credit card.

I have no more secured credit and have a $20K and a $25K line plus a slew of $10k's.

I have learned SOME patience. Yea, right. More like not wanting to get slapped in the face!

Out of town this week on business. Bored in a hotel room and a few glasses of wine........I apped for the Walmart card. Approved for $150.

I need to stop applying and let my cards age.

you can call and get the limit increased to $2500 easily.
I'll do that and report back later.

I was given $150 and they ask you "well, what do you want" so I threw out $2500. Hell, ask for $5000 and see if they counter. I wish I had.

Just got off the phone. I didn't shoot for the moon, but I got $500. Better than the $150.

Got a letter from chase today to call in for verification. Called in. Verified. Approved. $4500 sl. Beaten the last card they approved me for last week. This was from my last itchy finger apping from the cb effect. Had 8 inquiries on TU when i last apped. Only had 3 account showing on my report due to new cards have not showed up yet.

Just got Approved for "Discover It" $7,500!!!

I got denied for the Chase Slate though...1 more year till last baddies fall off!!!

Nice. I was denied for the same card yesterday despite clean reports, $0 debt, and an EX FICO of 735 — after being approved by AmEx for a $15,000 Delta card last week. Didn't even get the secured offer.

Amex BCE - $22.5K

Amex Hilton HHonors - $22.5K

Awesome!!! :clapping:

I'm in shock. I totally forgot about applying for these then checked to see that I got the approval email (and the one about the cards being shipped) so I called in to find out the limit and they matched my newly raised Jet Blue card. Did not think they'd start me that high.

Busy evening tonight...

Comenity store card .... CLI of $400, as usual every 3 months

CapOne QS .... $5K (second QS for specific purpose, to be combined with $20K Venture)

Amex BCP ... $10.8K (matches Costco) ... $250 after $1K spend in 90 days

Amex PRG ... 50K points after $1K spend in 90 days

Sweet. Now I can rest. No new apps unless some fantastic opportunity presents itself. Will work on CLIs as appropriate. Just a hair under $200K total now! :yes2:

Wondering about Amex CLI strategy. In addition to the 2 new ones, I've also got Costco, Biz Gold Rewards, Biz SPG, and Biz Simply Cash. Last CLI was on Costco on July 5. So the next available CLI is on 1/1/16, by my calculation. Does that include the new BCP "new card" (previously known as 61 day) CLI? In other words, am I ineligible for a CLI on activation of the new card? If I can do the CLI, then what about the following:

Costco will be 13 months old in Feb. I'd like to CLI the Costco on 1/1, and then move most of the CL to the BCP in Feb when the Costco is eligible for that. Would that then count as a CLI, and preclude me from CLI on SPG for 6 more months? Or are biz cards on their own CLI schedule? Just when I think I've got it down, I get confused again. What are y'alls suggestions?

I'm thinking I can't do any CLI until Jan and all the cards, personal and biz, are in one bucket, meaning I pick one every 6 months for CLI.

Well I'm back in the door with BofA. And I really wasn't planning to try until next year at this time. I had a CO, but paid it in full in 2011. Amount was $1800.

I get an offer in the mail from them this week, offering me a secured cash rewards card for $99 for a CLI of $500. I wasn't planning on to app for it. Just send it on its way to the shredder.

I log into my BofA checking account that I've had with them since 2003 and check to see if I have any offers......I find a pre qual for an unsecured cash rewards card. 1%, 2%, and 3%. So what the hell, I apped for it. Got a message stating my account was in review. I took it as a NO.

Well get a call from an UW, wanting to make sure I was who I said I was. Verified some income questions. Puts me on hold and comes back and says approved for unsecured cash rewards card. Wouldn't tell me the starting CL, but said I would be happy when the card arrives........

Yesterday my EX broke 700 for the first time in probably 10 years. App'd for Amex Everyday Preferred - $7,300 limit!

Went for the twofer as well, PRG on the way!

Used google chrome incognito on both to max the sign up bonus (I have an existing SPG). Got 50k bonus eligibility on PRG and 30k on Everyday Preferred.

[...] Well get a call from an UW, wanting to make sure I was who I said I was. Verified some income questions. Puts me on hold and comes back and says approved for unsecured cash rewards card. Wouldn't tell me the starting CL, but said I would be happy when the card arrives........

Post back when you find out the limit!

I enjoy these threads, but I especially like to read about the progress of people in the rebuilding phase. Sure, the limits are lower, but the stakes are a lot higher for each decision. If you've been through the stress of rebuilding, it makes the story a lot more dramatic.

[...] Well get a call from an UW, wanting to make sure I was who I said I was. Verified some income questions. Puts me on hold and comes back and says approved for unsecured cash rewards card. Wouldn't tell me the starting CL, but said I would be happy when the card arrives........

Post back when you find out the limit!

I enjoy these threads, but I especially like to read about the progress of people in the rebuilding phase. Sure, the limits are lower, but the stakes are a lot higher for each decision. If you've been through the stress of rebuilding, it makes the story a lot more dramatic.

$500. I logged into my checking account this morning and it was there in my account list.

Requested a $5000 increase on my $5000 limit Carecredit card via the phone a a week ago and was told that it would be a hard inquiry, so I said nevermind and hung up with rep. Today I received a letter stating that they couldn't extend the full amount requested but they would bring my limit to $9600... said "requested amount exceeds banks lending policy "... ok TU score on letter is 700. Never had increase on card and have had it over a year with no use.

Edited by Beautyandcredit

Requested a $5000 increase on my $5000 limit Carecredit card via the phone a a week ago and was told that it would be a hard inquiry, so I said nevermind and hung up with rep. Today I received a letter stating that they couldn't extend the full amount requested but they would bring my limit to $9600... said "requested amount exceeds banks lending policy "... ok TU score on letter is 700. Never had increase on card and have had it over a year with no use.

Congrats!!!

Did you check if you received a HP? It looks like you may have. If you are certain you didn't get a HP, this could be a new way to get a SP cli with Carecredit.

Also, Carecredit is known for closing cards because of non-use.

The last post in this topic was posted 2594 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.