Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

How do I ask Capital One to lower my 22.9% Interest Rate? How LOW??

The last post in this topic was posted 2164 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

If I email the exec office, will they pull a credit report. I have used my credit lines for one to two month short term, cash flow situations, and I would like to pay the least interest as possible.

If I email the exec office, will they pull a credit report. I have used my credit lines for one to two month short term, cash flow situations, and I would like to pay the least interest as possible.

don't email them, call them.

and it will be a soft pull if anything.

but if you're looking for good, low interest financing,

C1 is not the place.

Look for BT offers on your existing card.

I always have two offers:

- No fees if paid in full by the due date of the statement on which the transfer is billed.

- 0% for 12 months, with a 3% BT fee.

I take advantage of the first one a couple of times a year, because I am amused at using a small amount of their money for free, and it keeps some activity on the account.

- No fees if paid in full by the due date of the statement on which the transfer is billed.

I take advantage of the first one a couple of times a year, because I am amused at using a small amount of their money for free, and it keeps some activity on the account.

I am jealous, the only offer I have is no fee, same apr as purchases. I think I will use my capone card to $2500 in money orders just to spite them

I am jealous, the only offer I have is no fee, same apr as purchases. I think I will use my capone card to $2500 in money orders just to spite them

Same APR as purchases = pay in full on the due date of the statement on which the transfer is billed.

Welcome to our Capital One secure chat service! This chat will be monitored and recorded.
Hi, this is Paula. Whom do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?
You
10:12 AM
robo chicken
Paula
10:12 AM
Hello robo chicken, great to have you on chat!
Paula
10:13 AM
How may I assist you today?
You
10:13 AM
you as well, I am wondering if anything can be done to lower the absurd 24.99% interest rate on my card?
Paula
10:14 AM
Thank you!
Paula
10:14 AM
I'll be happy to access your account and check that for you.
You
10:15 AM
thanks!
Paula
Please verify the following information to access your account: name (exactly as it appears on your credit card), zip code, date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security Number.
You
$%^
Paula
10:16 AM
Could you please provide me with the last 4-digits of your account number?
You
$%^&
Paula
Thank you for verifying that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.
Paula
10:17 AM
I appreciate your time and patience, Jedd.
Paula
10:18 AM
*I appreciate your time and patience, chicken.
You
lol
Paula
I'm sorry for the typo in your name.
You
you are ok
Paula
I've checked and unfortunately, we are currently unable to lower your annual percentage rate (APR). We continually review our rates to assess their competitiveness. If we determine in the future that we can offer a change, we'll let you know.
You
10:19 AM
ok thank you

what a waste of bandwidth

The last post in this topic was posted 2164 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By desibaaba
      Thank you Credit board members for a wealth of information.

It's time to say good bye.
      Relieved after closing accounts.

Merrick Bank ( July 2008) Limit: 1650 Annual Fee 96.00
      Merrick Bank ( Hooters Card) ( Sep 2008) Limit: 1100 Annual Fee: 96.00
      Capital One ( Feb 2009) Limit: 1000 Annual fee: 39:00
    • By Mothergoose24
      *Disclaimer: typing with my iPad, so I apologize for errors!

Today while doing my daily pulls I noticed something Imtersting.

A little back story first. I received a letter stating that Navient who I never heard of was buying my loans, but nothing else would change. I received that letter probably six months before the switch. Well, soon after the switch, I log on to my new navient account only to find that half of my loans are gone. I then get another letter a week later stating the Nelnet has purchased half of my loans. I was pretty mad considering Sallie Mae said nothing else would change, so did Navient. I didn't know anything of this until after it happened. So after being aggravated, I just decided to deal with it, set them all up for auto pay again, and forget about them.

Well, today I login to find that during the switch my Navient loans were closed and new Nelnet loans were reporting, but the new Nelnet loans were reporting with my original loan date, so it added 10 months to my AAOA and also 10 months to my credit length history. Raised my score to the tune of 8 points on my EQ. so essentially it added four new accounts with old 2006-2008 dates

The second odd thing was my capital one card that I got during college (my first cc) which only had a limit of $500 was bumped to $2000. I asked for a CLI last year and they said no, so I called and asked and they said they wouldn't give me one since I didn't use the car, I complanined saying that I have credit lines of well over 10k and i would never use it with that low of a limit, they still said no. I never login and even check that account, but just so happened to check and boom the AUTO CLI, which seemed odd to me. I may have to use it now a couple times to show them I still care 👍😀

Anyone else have a similar experience with their Student Loans. I'm on the downside and hoping to pay them off this year, but thought that it was interesting how it took place on my CRs. Didn't think they would process like that. My old loans show (Transferred/Sold/Closed.)

INPUT PLEASE?
    • By Menta33
      My DW has a new JCB Marukai 3% card, but she was given only a $2,500 limit and they would not reconsider and indicated you must wait six months before applying for a CLI. We overpaid the current balance, and when you login, it now says available credit is ~$4,000. Does anyone have experience with this card and know whether a $3,000 charge would be approved at this point? I know that for Capital One account in the same situation, it would not be approved.
    • By MJPEREZ77
      I know this is a baby step, but I wanted to let EVERYONE know that all their sharing of wisdom and knowledge does not go in vain, and as frustrating as it may get EXPLAINING and REPEATING things over and over again, as a NEWBIE (barely here over a year) I would like to thank ALL OF YOU!

Getting ready for upcoming App Spree, so contacted Cap1 EO Tuesday Morning for CLI's (after last PIF payment went thru). Had QS1 at $4k, Cap1 Sparks Classic $1700, QS1 $1200 and Barclay's MC Rewarsd $500. Have been rebuilding credit since Spring 2013, and thanks to CB have all 3 FAKOS in low 700's. Have been putting alot of spend thru cards and PIF every month. SO I requested CLI's of $20k, $20k, and $15k, explaining that based on current spend and paying off ea card multiple times every month, I'd like to be able to use card and not worry about getting near 100% Utilization. Well they came back in 48 hrs with QS1 $4k>$5k, Sparks $1700>$4k, and QS1 $1200>$3k. Not what I wanted but not bad, gives me a decent base and am gearing up to hopefully get a few 5 figure cards during spree. So, now I debate whether or not to call Barclay's BD back after being declined 3 weeks ago for a CLI. Negative has been removed on TU since then and 3 weeks have passed, I have had card 1 yr w/ NO CLI EVER, declined 2x, but i decide to call and got a CLI $500>$3k. Not bad for a Thursday morning. Again, Thanks to EVERYONE! One day I will be able to share what I know with others too and pay it forward!!
    • By chad9162
      Hi Folks,

Thank you for all the great information. After my BK (2009) we started to rebuild our credit based on the advice here. We later received "decent" auto loan rates with Alliant CU, Toyota, and Nissan. Anyways, I recently Paid off/Closed our Capital One and Merrick Cards!!! Limits were small, highest being $1600.

Our AOAA took a huge hit but it was AWESOME to get rid of those cards!!!! Capital One EO would not waive the annual fees PERMANENTLY! We waited a month and applied/approved for the following:

Wife:
      Capital One Venture 15K (Couldn't believe it! Her highest is a Barclay Apple at 3K)
      Barclay Sallie Mae $1200

TU Score: 690 (per Barclay)

Me:
      Barclay Arrival+ Elite MasterCard 5K (Shocked because my highest was Barclay Apple 2K. I had high UTL and never saw a auto CLI, so really didn't do it right)

TU Score: 686 (per Barclay)

I will probably move Apples over to new Barclay cards and close Apples. Both have been open for more than 2 years.

At this point I don't really see the need for 200,000K in revolving credit and honestly how would I ever pay that back While the BK wasn't my fault and more job loss/life event, I have realized carrying credit card balances and paying interest is a modern form of indentured servitude.

I haven't followed all the advice and did things backwards, like B* but it worked out because I needed those 10 points to get 1.9% @ 72 mo with Nissan. My credit reports still show BK and IIB accounts and because I get a little compulsive, I decided to leave that alone, ha!

Anyways, I have some older cards since 2009:

Firestone $1800
      CB/Express $300
      BB Rewards $300

Besides hurting my AOAA, will it really hurt my chances of getting to 750??

Oh and we already qualified for a mortgage but haven't found the right house. Honestly, we're not in a rush! We owned a "fixer" and that totally sucked so we're being more selective this time around.

I may also try to refi my auto loans with DCU but a bit skeptical with them. I hate their website!

Thoughts????

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Climaxxll
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines