What's your Master plan for 2015?

The last post in this topic was posted 2100 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm just interested in everyone's plan for 2015. Are you rebuilding, just beginning, in a holding pattern, or are you ready to be a credit repair pro and help others?

Did you meet your goals for 2014?

If you want, provide your plan so you can come back at the end of 2015 and see if you met your goals.

Edited by funkiehouse

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, I fared pretty well in 2014. Right now I would consider myself in a holding pattern and wanting to help others.

I got several new prime cards this year and, including my AUs, I have about $53k in available credit ($140k if you count AUs). Our actual overall utilization (I consider my wife's bills into my utilization so we keep things under control) is hovering around 3%. She has close to the same amount of CL as I do, except she is in the 800's.

I still have some OC baddies that I am trying to work on but those have been going VERY slowly. I have a few things that will hopefully fall into early obsolete range near the end of 2015.

Getting rid of my unpaid repo has been an ongoing challenge for over a year now but I intend to keep on looking for ways to deal with it. That's the only unpaid baddie that I have and it's what keeping me in the 690 - 700 range (not that I really care that much about my FICOs at this point).

I don't think we will be financially ready (nor my reports) for a mortgage this year. We are thinking of trying to save a lot more because we are considering finding property and building our own home, which is no easy task in the Los Angeles market. 1st - 2nd quarter of 2016 is looking more like mortgage time for us.

I am also in college right now so I am hoping to get that finished up next year.

It will be a gardening year for me. The only card changes I plan on making is change my Amex BCE to a BCP and maybe PC a few cards and close a few. The only thing that may change that plan is a great sign up bonus that can't be left behind.

We are also starting (pretty early) on creating a business plan to open a high-end sandwich restaurant/deli. We would like to include baked goods, a coffee shop, our own branded retail goods such as olive oils, a variety of fresh salads, and various types of pasta/tofu salads. It will basically look like your local grocery deli department but a lot nicer. Depending on the location and retail space we find we would like to have a space that has a second floor where we could have a wine bar. The deli/retail/bakery/coffee areas on the first floor would focus on breakfast and lunch hours and the wine bar would opening in the evening. We really want a business that is not just limited to a lunch or breakfast crowd so it can be dynamic. Our goal is to open in 2017-2018. I really think its time to focus on working for myself and not someone else. Plus being a job creator is something I have always wanted to do. My reports will be pretty clear at that point. They'll have to be if we want a business loan!

That's about it for me. I hope you all have a Happy Holidays and a great 2015.

Edited by funkiehouse

Continuing to get better cards, trying to get past the 5K limit mark on at least one of my cards, that sort of stuff. Club Carlson and Marriott Premier are definitely cards I'm looking into for next year. Letting current TLs age more too.

Edited by popamode72

Continuing to get better cards, trying to get past the 5K limit mark on at least one of my cards, that sort of stuff. Club Carlson and Marriott Premier are definitely cards I'm looking into for next year. Letting current TLs age more too.

Getting some age is something I'm focusing on too, especially since I opened a few new no AF cards that I can keep forever.

Edited by funkiehouse

Going to scoop up an Amex green or gold in January for AAOOA boost (1989)

Open one more Barclays for future combine/consolidate limits (10k, 12.5k, and ___)

Open one more Chase for future combine/consolidate limits (10k, 18k, and ___)

Open one more BOA for future combine/consolidate limits (5k, 22.5k and ___)

Seek 50k Amex PRG offer

Seek 100k Amex Plat offer

Seek 100k Citi AA offer

All of the above for spouse accounts

As far as I'm concerned, I fared pretty well in 2014. Right now I would consider myself in a holding pattern and wanting to help others.

I got several new prime cards this year and, including my AUs, I have about $53k in available credit ($140k if you count AUs). Our actual overall utilization (I consider my wife's bills into my utilization so we keep things under control) is hovering around 3%. She has close to the same amount of CL as I do, except she is in the 800's.

I still have some OC baddies that I am trying to work on but those have been going VERY slowly. I have a few things that will hopefully fall into early obsolete range near the end of 2015.

Getting rid of my unpaid repo has been an ongoing challenge for over a year now but I intend to keep on looking for ways to deal with it. That's the only unpaid baddie that I have and it's what keeping me in the 690 - 700 range (not that I really care that much about my FICOs at this point).

I don't think we will be financially ready (nor my reports) for a mortgage this year. We are thinking of trying to save a lot more because we are considering finding property and building our own home, which is no easy task in the Los Angeles market. 1st - 2nd quarter of 2016 is looking more like mortgage time for us.

I am also in college right now so I am hoping to get that finished up next year.

It will be a gardening year for me. The only card changes I plan on making is change my Amex BCE to a BCP and maybe PC a few cards and close a few. The only thing that may change that plan is a great sign up bonus that can't be left behind.

We are also starting (pretty early) on creating a business plan to open a high-end sandwich restaurant/deli. We would like to include baked goods, a coffee shop, our own branded retail goods such as olive oils, a variety of fresh salads, and various types of pasta/tofu salads. It will basically look like your local grocery deli department but a lot nicer. Depending on the location and retail space we find we would like to have a space that has a second floor where we could have a wine bar. The deli/retail/bakery/coffee areas on the first floor would focus on breakfast and lunch hours and the wine bar would opening in the evening. We really want a business that is not just limited to a lunch or breakfast crowd so it can be dynamic. Our goal is to open in 2017-2018. I really think its time to focus on working for myself and not someone else. Plus being a job creator is something I have always wanted to do. My reports will be pretty clear at that point. They'll have to be if we want a business loan!

If you have not already you might want to head on over to the business forum here on CB. Lots of great advice on what you need to be doing NOW for the future of you're new business...

I somehow missed the story before the picture that you posted later. I'll be the first in line on the day your shop opens. :D

With the helps of CB, I did well in 2014.

1) Increased my overall CL to almost 100k from 40k

2) Removed two unpaid COs on EQ

3) Earned ~$2.5k in CC cashback. Specially 'thanks' to my bad credit, I'm not qualified for the company's AMEX Plat and had to put all my traveling expenses on Arrival+ and reimburse later. :angel:

In 2015,

1) I want to continue fighting the very last unpaid CO on my CRs

2) Redeem all my DL miles and burn my elite card, then burn the ashes

3) Increase my CL to 150k

4) Switch cashback to UR, Chase finally lets me back in with a Freedom, but will go for the triple combo with CSP and Ink when my recent apps age a bit.

That sounds like a very nice business...I'd love to know when that is open and to check it out!

For me 2014, came with a lot of changes....I found out that I was on my way to toy card hell and quickly stopped. Lots of CLIs....lots of new credit totaling $78k....and becoming an AU on Costco AMEX was good too.

For the first quarter of 2015 I will be in a holding pattern...lots of my IIB accounts will fall off in March/April and will just be seeking CLIs and prime cards so that I can start closing some toy cards. Credit One is first on the list. The major thing I need in 2015 is to refinance my car from GM Fin'l (Aug.15) and have my son refi his Cap1 car without me as cosigner...otherwise I'll mostly stay in the garden for the last 5 months of so of 2015. 2016 will be the year for me -- all baddies including BK should fall off.

One other goal, I'm ready to start purchasing income property with my DH...so I will definitely be working on CRs to make sure DH and I can get that started too!

Happy Holidays to everyone and here's looking to a prosperous year in 2015!!

March 2015....the final stage of recovery.

My C13 falls off my EQ...the last road block to a totally clean report.

I will request the CITI AA Platinum or Executive (lot's of business travel) and also a CLI from NFCU and an additional card!!!

Then...grow, grow grow.....

You should be in a great position to get the Citi AA Exe card at the right time. I'm guessing that they will do either the 75k or 100K signup bonus before or near the final mileage plan merger in June. It's well worth waiting for if you can. It sounds like you can make the $10k spend and having the lounge assess is a huge comfort in the airport. Every time we fly they send us through the TSA precheck line because of the priority access. It may just be an LAX thing but it also worked for us in Chicago. I don't have anything to backup that the bonus will come again but I bet it will be part of the promotion of the merger.

2015 - My DW just received an SSN, so I have a virgin canvas.

Amex AU

Chase Freedom AU

BofA AU

NavyFed Secured 1-2 punch

BofA Secured

That's the plan (Chase AU card already received) See where it goes from there

Make sure you start her out with a no AF card with each bank so she can keep those open forever and make churning much easier 2-3 years from now.

If you have not already you might want to head on over to the business forum here on CB. Lots of great advice on what you need to be doing NOW for the future of you're new business...

That is a good idea. Thanks!

Did all I set out to do this year, am pretty satisfied with where I am now, plan to mostly garden in 2015 and just let what I have grow even bigger, I will come out of the garden for a great bonus on a new card that's what I pretty much go after now.

Same here!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2100 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.