Konrad2012

Amex Offers List

21 minutes ago, DPB said:

Sam’s Club - $25 off new membership.

$45 - $25 (AO) - $10 (Dosh) - $7.65 (Cashback portal) = $2.35 for a one year membership.

That's still at least $2.35 too much.  😛  

9 hours ago, cv91915 said:

That's still at least $2.35 too much.  😛  

Sam’s fits my needs. The store is a few minutes from my house, in a nice area, and on my way to/from work. The closest Costco is 30 minutes in the wrong direction. 
I’ve been using my mom’s membership recently, and have been able to buy what I need in bulk for a decent price. For $2.35 it was well worth being able to cut my mom out of the equation. I’d have even paid as much as $5. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:32 AM, cv91915 said:

I've added four Best Buy $30/$300 offers on various Amices (including AU cards).

I just used one offer for an inexpensive chest freezer (don't ask) and some eBay gift cards to top off the purchase.

Yesterday I used the remaining three Best Buy offers.  

My aunt wanted some help picking out a new iPad, keyboard, OLED TV and soundbar+subwoofer, and she wanted to get them at Best Buy.

First, I split the iPad purchase across three different Amices:

$1,115.88 - iPad/keyboard/tax [traded in old iPad for $150 gift card, used toward TV below], paid as follows:

(300.00) - Amex EveryDay [$30 Amex offer + 300 MRs]

(300.00) - Amex SPG AU (Dad) [$30 Amex offer + 600 Marriott points]

(515.88) - Amex Gold (TAD) [$30 Amex offer + 516 MRs]

Inside the store I set up her new iPad and moved everything over from the old one, then did a factory reset on the old one and traded it for a $150 Best Buy gift card.

Then we completed the TV purchase.

$2,700.73 - TV + soundbar + subwoofer, paid as follows:

(150.00) - gift card from iPad trade-in

(2,550.73) - Apple Pay/US Bank Altitude Reserve [4.5% = $114.78 toward future travel]

Plus I will get at least (($1,115.88 + 2,700.73) * 0.02 = $77.13), or $75 (rounded down the nearest $5) in Best Buy rewards.  This might be even more... it looks like the annual spending threshold to earn 2.5% back is $3,500, which I more than surpassed just with this purchase.

On Pt: Chevron and Texaco (at the pump only) Spend $35+, get 500 Membership Rewards® Points. Up to 3x

on Hilton. BP/Amoco Spend $25 or more, get $10 back BPme mobile app

Macy’s - Spend $75, get $15 back. Also, 1 additional MR per dollar spent.

$25 back on $100 at Sherwin Williams, used for a weekend project that's spilling into this week...

32 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

$25 back on $100 at Sherwin Williams, used for a weekend project that's spilling into this week...

If you two would quit spilling the paint, you might get some one the walls!

25 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

If you two would quit spilling the paint, you might get some one the walls!

We are hiring painters to do the walls.  

This is a massive staircase project that we have been procrastinating since we bought the house in mid-2014.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, cv91915 said:

Yesterday I used the remaining three Best Buy offers.  

My aunt wanted some help picking out a new iPad, keyboard, OLED TV and soundbar+subwoofer, and she wanted to get them at Best Buy.

First, I split the iPad purchase across three different Amices:

$1,115.88 - iPad/keyboard/tax [traded in old iPad for $150 gift card, used toward TV below], paid as follows:

(300.00) - Amex EveryDay [$30 Amex offer + 300 MRs]

(300.00) - Amex SPG AU (Dad) [$30 Amex offer + 600 Marriott points]

(515.88) - Amex Gold (TAD) [$30 Amex offer + 516 MRs]

Inside the store I set up her new iPad and moved everything over from the old one, then did a factory reset on the old one and traded it for a $150 Best Buy gift card.

Then we completed the TV purchase.

$2,700.73 - TV + soundbar + subwoofer, paid as follows:

(150.00) - gift card from iPad trade-in

(2,550.73) - Apple Pay/US Bank Altitude Reserve [4.5% = $114.78 toward future travel]

Plus I will get at least (($1,115.88 + 2,700.73) * 0.02 = $77.13), or $75 (rounded down the nearest $5) in Best Buy rewards.  This might be even more... it looks like the annual spending threshold to earn 2.5% back is $3,500, which I more than surpassed just with this purchase.

Correction...  My Best Buy rewards aren't paid on Apple purchases unless the purchase is made with standard financing on the Best Buy credit card.  

This apparently changed on 10/21:

Our updated My Best Buy Terms take effect on October 21, 2019 for all members.

Key updates

• We have expanded Member Pricing for My Best Buy members to include certain Apple and Beats products and Apple services at Best Buy retail stores, on BestBuy.com, and the Best Buy mobile app; and
  • We have made changes to confirm that members are eligible to receive points for Apple and Beats products and Apple services only when purchases are made on standard credit with the My Best Buy Credit Card. Otherwise My Best Buy members will not be eligible to receive points for purchase of Apple and Beats products and Apple services.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also don't immediately see the logic in how they calculated the points for the remainder of the purchase:

hZjVD9g.png

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

Correction...  My Best Buy rewards aren't paid on Apple purchases unless the purchase is made with standard financing on the Best Buy credit card.  

This apparently changed on 10/21:

Our updated My Best Buy Terms take effect on October 21, 2019 for all members.

Key updates

• We have expanded Member Pricing for My Best Buy members to include certain Apple and Beats products and Apple services at Best Buy retail stores, on BestBuy.com, and the Best Buy mobile app; and
  • We have made changes to confirm that members are eligible to receive points for Apple and Beats products and Apple services only when purchases are made on standard credit with the My Best Buy Credit Card. Otherwise My Best Buy members will not be eligible to receive points for purchase of Apple and Beats products and Apple services.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also don't immediately see the logic in how they calculated the points for the remainder of the purchase:

hZjVD9g.png

Crap! I didn’t realize they excluded Apple products if you don’t use a Best Buy card. Hopefully it still counts towards elite plus calculations. 

CV, the points mostly make sense. You said you used a $150 gift card on this purchase. You don’t earn points for using gift cards or on taxes. So, 2507 - 150 = 2357. Looks like you got 4 free points. 

On 12/4/2019 at 6:47 AM, DPB said:

CV, the points mostly make sense. You said you used a $150 gift card on this purchase. You don’t earn points for using gift cards or on taxes. So, 2507 - 150 = 2357. Looks like you got 4 free points. 

Oh, yeah. :wave:  That makes sense.  Thank you.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, cv91915 said:

I returned some unused items, but I kept a roll of blue masking tape that we do not need.

If I had returned the ~$6 roll of tape too, the net purchase amount would have dipped below $100... and the $25 credit would have been reversed.

KdoPnac.png

Edited by cv91915

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JerHawk
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines