Konrad2012

Amex Offers List

52 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Each offer can be used on one card per person, so yes, as long as the AU card has the same offer.

Interesting. So each AU gets their own login info? And that doesn’t affect their ability for future SUBs, does it?

sweet and good timing :)

Spend $800+, get 16,000 Membership Rewards® Points

Fine Hotels & Resorts® - Prepaid Only

Plated - spend $50, get $25 back (statement credit)

I’ve been curious about these services but hesitant to try them. But there was a plan that cost $51 per week for 2 servings x 3 days. And I can cancel after the first week. So I figured I’d give it a try since it’ll only cost $26.

Stacked it with a Rakuten $20 CB offer on my MR earning account for an additional 2000 MR points. Worst case is it costs $26 for bad food and 2051 MR points. Some of it looked pretty tasty though. 

Best Buy - Spend $250, get $25 back (statement credit)

Stacked with Rakuten 1% back on my MR account for 552 MR points.

Order total was $650.52

Used $150 in gift cards that I got for 20% off from Amazon

Put $250 on Amex for the credit

The other $250.52 went on my Best Buy card for 6% back in rewards

The best part is that this was a purchase for a family member. So I’ll be reimbursed for the whole purchase. 

7 hours ago, DPB said:

Best Buy - Spend $250, get $25 back (statement credit)

Stacked with Rakuten 1% back on my MR account for 552 MR points.

Order total was $650.52

Used $150 in gift cards that I got for 20% off from Amazon

Put $250 on Amex for the credit

The other $250.52 went on my Best Buy card for 6% back in rewards

The best part is that this was a purchase for a family member. So I’ll be reimbursed for the whole purchase. 

Nothing better than free M$ opportunities.  A good chunk of my last European vacation was paid for by points earned purchasing/engaging in travel for work that was reimbursed at 100%.

For those of us that have a MR earning Ebates account. I noticed this morning a few stores are earning 15% on in-store purchases. 

Posted (edited)

Bonefish Grill - Spend $40 or more, get $10 back.

Also received 7959 MR Points from my Ebates account.

Edited by DPB

I've been looking for a replacement for my Samsonite carry-on.  It's aged really poorly in just a couple of years... mainly the wheels, which now refuse to turn smoothly when the bag even approaches being fully-packed.

eBags had a TravelPro on sale for $160ish (same piece on Amazon was $192).  

Ebates had 10% back at eBags, and I had an Amex offer for $20 back on $100+.  

So final cost was ($160 + tax) - $16 from Ebates - $20 from Amex.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that the bag dimensions listed on the site are correct.  The only other piece of luggage I've ever ordered online was quite a bit smaller than advertised, and I had to ship it back.  

Select meal kits - Get 10% back on purchases, up to $20

The food that came in the first order from Plated was pretty good. Three meals of two servings each. I skipped the second week because I knew I’d be eating out a bit last week. 

This week’s order is $51.70 - 5.17 (Amex credit) = $46.53. So about $7.75 per serving. I’ll probably go ahead with the next two orders, but then my $20 per order signup credit runs out, as will most of the the Amex 10% back offer. It still wouldn’t be bad at the full price, but I can switch to one of the other services and get that signup deal. I can just go back and forth between a few of these every couple months since there always seems to be some Amex offer and portal cashback offered for a new signup. 

I have staples spend $40 and generic spend $25 at office supply store on the same card. so this means I can double dip?

On 8/19/2019 at 7:21 AM, cv91915 said:

I've been looking for a replacement for my Samsonite carry-on.  It's aged really poorly in just a couple of years... mainly the wheels, which now refuse to turn smoothly when the bag even approaches being fully-packed.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that the bag dimensions listed on the site are correct.  The only other piece of luggage I've ever ordered online was quite a bit smaller than advertised, and I had to ship it back.  

You can replace the wheel assemblies for ~$10. Just as easy as replacing a doorknob :)

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

I have staples spend $40 and generic spend $25 at office supply store on the same card. so this means I can double dip?

I’ve read before that it’s possible. Although I’ve never had overlapping offers on the same card before, so I haven’t been able to personally confirm.

I have the $40 Staples, but not the generic $25 offer. 

1 hour ago, Kat58 said:

You can replace the wheel assemblies for ~$10. Just as easy as replacing a doorknob :)

I currently have no backup carry-on.  The existing one assumes that role, if the new one is exactly what I want.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, hegemony said:

It appears that offers are indeed stackable. 

My my last delivery from Plated was subpar. Whoever thought shipping fish to Florida with only 3 ice packs was sufficient was incorrect. So I cancelled. But I liked the idea of this type of service so I’m giving Home Chef a try. 

There are two current Amex offers: Spend $45 or more, get $10 back. Up to 4 times. And Get one additional MR point for each dollar spent. Both immediately triggered a confirmation email from Amex when I placed my order. 

This service is more expensive, but it includes more meals. 

4 meals, 2 servings per meal is $79.60.

Went through Rakuten, which gave a $20 instant discount ($20 for each of your first 4 orders). So $59.60 charged. Plus 10% back on my Rakuten MR earning account. 

$10 Amex statement credit, 119 Amex MR points, plus 60 Amex MR points from Rakuten. 

Final tally is $49.60 + 179 Amex MR points for 8 servings. 

As long as they use the proper amount of ice when shipping it could be worth it. 

On 8/23/2019 at 6:10 PM, DPB said:

It appears that offers are indeed stackable. 

confirmed... but I'm not sure it was worth the $15 as there was little I needed at staples that was close in price to amazon.

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, cv91915 said:

Never mind...  I returned the luggage.

Anything presented on a luggage shopping site when filtering for "domestic carry-on" should hold more than one tube sock and a roll of ChapStick.

The dimensions listed on the site were wrong too.  I'm 0/2 with eBags on carry-ons.  

Same issue both times.

Edited by cv91915

11 hours ago, hegemony said:

confirmed... but I'm not sure it was worth the $15 as there was little I needed at staples that was close in price to amazon.

Exactly why I haven’t used the “Spend $40 or more, get $10 back” offer. It expires 9/30, so if I haven’t needed anything by then I’ll just use it for a VGC and make a couple dollars of M$ profit. 

Boxed:  $15 back on $75+ on my Vonboy.

Ebates current offer:  10% back on Boxed.

I just stocked up on my regular coffee, which I usually pick up for $8.99 each (2 x 10 oz), currently on sale for $7.19.

I put 11 of these in my cart, for a total of:

((2 * 10 * 11) / 16) = 13.75 pounds of coffee

$79.09 purchase price

-     7.91 back from Ebates

-  15.00 back from Amex offer

$56.18 net cost

$56.18 / 13.75 = $4.09/pound

They were also giving away 6 rolls of toilet paper with every order, plus the standard two samples (I chose a 13-count pack of kitchen garbage bags and a Kind bar).

6k9rQzy.png

Another round of Staples offers.

2 x $100/$25 on EveryDay and TAD's Vonboy

1 x $100/2,500 MRs on EveryDay AU (Mom)

So far I've used 2 out of 3:

- $100 Safeway gift card

- $50 Amazon gift card + two $25 BB&B gift cards 

I've added four Best Buy $30/$300 offers on various Amices (including AU cards).

I just used one offer for an inexpensive chest freezer (don't ask) and some eBay gift cards to top off the purchase.

Sam’s Club - $25 off new membership.

$45 - $25 (AO) - $10 (Dosh) - $7.65 (Cashback portal) = $2.35 for a one year membership.

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mmetaphor
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines