Amex Offers List

Deciding whether to keep the Platinum...hmmmm...

Do you have any other Amex charge cards?

Based on recent observation, if you downgrade to a green card, within a few months you will receive an offer to upgrade it to Platinum for 60k MRs for $5k spend.

I just bought two $100 AA gift cards to use the $200 airline benefit on the Plat. Will they reverse any reimbursement if I downgrade? Should I wait at least one billing cycle or what?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I combined a couple things for this one. +5 MR per $ spent at Amazon, up to 2k MR - AO 20% off when using MR at checkout at Amazon (max $50) - Amazon promo   Bought a $250 Best Buy

Another “Not exactly an Amex offer but probably belongs in this thread” thing.   https://bgr.com/2019/05/21/best-amazon-deals-amex-promo-30-off-60/   You use 1 MR point at checkout

I found this page by accident this morning.  Looks like you can add some offers to a specific Amex, the way you used to be able to do with Twitter and other platforms.   https://www.american

I've only downgraded once and I did it a week before the first anniversary, so I'm not sure. But even if the fee does post... they prorate it when you downgrade. So... you might as well snag a sandwich from Uber Eats too while you wait for it to post.

I don't think they will reverse any reimbursements once they have posted.

I've only downgraded once and I did it a week before the first anniversary, so I'm not sure. But even if the fee does post... they prorate it when you downgrade. So... you might as well snag a sandwich from Uber Eats too while you wait for it to post.

Thanks! I'll let you guys know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Olive Garden 1000 MR for $40 spend.

I'm not sure if insulting my palate is worth the points. Lol.

I'd rather lick a dirty penny.

I ended up going. I sat at the bar and drank my dinner.

FYI - Prorated fees are no longer a thing. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-eliminate-prorated-annual-fee-refunds-starting-septmeber/

FYI - Prorated fees are no longer a thing. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-eliminate-prorated-annual-fee-refunds-starting-septmeber/

They are still for product changes... as of this past year.

I may attempt this and find out then.

I may attempt this and find out then.

From my recent Platinum -> Greenie PC.

kqgMJMP.png

Spend $50 at Brio and get $10 CB.

I had a $25 gift card so the meal and tip with the DW only cost me $41

Bone in thick grilled pork chop with marsala sauce, medium, was spot on.

Their carpaccio was also very good. DW had some blah lobster fettuccine, but that is what she likes

CV: You are tracking just the Amex offers redeemed with this spreadsheet? I think you have another for tracking soft benefits these cards offer?

Yes, I'm only tracking spending offers in this thread. This helps me decide whether or not to keep a couple of my AF cards that don't get a lot of other use (SPG, Green). SPG is on thin ice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20k MR for $1k spend with Air France is back. This will be great if I have work travel to the fatherland booked before the end of July.

Same offer now for KLM as well. This summer could be fairly lucrative if I can plan far enough ahead.

$15 back on $30 at samsclub.com

I have this offer on six of my seven Amices.

Wish I had that Sam's on more cards. I'd go there and run 8 purchases for beer if nothing else. Having it on two cards doesn't make it worth the trip.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jdizzle5481

Important Information

Guidelines