Sign in to follow this  
Darkknight59

A Good Morning.. Amex..I'm back!!

I'm back in with American Express!!! Had a card back in 1983 that was closed...but paid in full. Later in the back in 2004 had a corporate card and with a BK filing they were included for about 9K. After reading the success stories here....decided what the heck especially since it would be a SP if denied, and I had to know if I was BL.

Applied for Costco Card ( we shop there every weekend and have an Executive Member Card) and instantly approved for $15,000.00!!!!

I took the pre-qualified offer from Chase and received the Freedom card for $17,000, was in a groove so asked BOA for a CLI on my Cash rewards and received $5,200 increasing the card to $7,700.

Thought about asking Barcklays for an increase on my two cards with them..but not sure it's worth it with these other cards.

Will stay in the garden until Chapter 13 falls off in March...then will request Citi AA card.

Thanks to everyone on these forums who share their experience and advice to this community!

Great news! What's your AAOA before the Amex approval?

The approval stated 2014; however I started a chat after approval and I logged into the account and requested my 1983 date. The agent requested me confirm phone and billing address and said the card with the new date would arrive within 2-3 weeks reflecting the "older MSD", but to use the new card when it arrives until the "Old" card arrives!! :clapping:

:yahoo::clapping:

Congrats! Now D* that B!tch to 1983!

+1

I just got back in with Amex via Costco and after a quick onine chat with a friendly representative my card was back dated to 2003 prior to my BK7. Most people here have had success with D* via online chat.

The approval stated 2014; however I started a chat after approval and I logged into the account and requested my 1983 date. The agent requested me confirm phone and billing address and said the card with the new date would arrive within 2-3 weeks reflecting the "older MSD", but to use the new card when it arrives until the "Old" card arrives!! :clapping:

So how old are your other cards? Just curious about the boost that you'll soon get.

I'm back in with American Express!!! Had a card back in 1983 that was closed...but paid in full. Later in the back in 2004 had a corporate card and with a BK filing they were included for about 9K. After reading the success stories here....decided what the heck especially since it would be a SP if denied, and I had to know if I was BL.

Applied for Costco Card ( we shop there every weekend and have an Executive Member Card) and instantly approved for $15,000.00!!!!

I took the pre-qualified offer from Chase and received the Freedom card for $17,000, was in a groove so asked BOA for a CLI on my Cash rewards and received $5,200 increasing the card to $7,700.

Thought about asking Barcklays for an increase on my two cards with them..but not sure it's worth it with these other cards.

Will stay in the garden until Chapter 13 falls off in March...then will request Citi AA card.

Thanks to everyone on these forums who share their experience and advice to this community!

OK.....officially back to gardening! Called Barclay's and requested new Apple Finance card and requested limit increase on both this and Rewards card - Apple went from $2650 - 6000 and Rewards went from $250 - 1500.

And was able to request my Amex reflect my 1983 MSD...in all a good day indeed!!

Hello all, this is my story now. I was approved for a Costco Amex last week, received the card today with MSD on the card 2014, however, when I logged in, the MSD shows 1984. I had one back then. From bad credit to good today , I'm happy to b back in with Amex. My question is do I have to request my new card to be D* or is it gonna report that 30 year date as shown online? I so hope so since I was approved for two more Amex's today! Advice is greatly appreciated!

Dark Knight that is awesome...

Man -- you should do online chat and request the new card! however you can use your old until the new replacement card arrives! Congrats on getting back in and getting D* too

Said what the heck...called Amex and requested Every Day Card...confirmed identity since approval for Amex Costco...a minute or two later...Approved 15000 also with MSD of 1983!!! That's for both cards!!..And sounded like would be same pull!!!

Hello all, this is my story now. I was approved for a Costco Amex last week, received the card today with MSD on the card 2014, however, when I logged in, the MSD shows 1984. I had one back then. From bad credit to good today , I'm happy to b back in with Amex. My question is do I have to request my new card to be D* or is it gonna report that 30 year date as shown online? I so hope so since I was approved for two more Amex's today! Advice is greatly appreciated!

If your AmEx account profile shows the D*, that's how they'll report it to the CRA's. As for the card, I don't know if they'll automatically send a new one, or if you have to request it (assuming you care - I don't recall anyone ever looking at my card and saying "I see you've been with AmEx since 1988. Please follow me to our VIP line" :P )

Darkknight--

You are on a role...that is fabulous...congrats to all your success.

Thanks blkbutterfly....officially in "Time Out" until my EQ deletes my Chapter 13 in March! Still have my eyes on the Citi AA Executive Card, but know they will pull EQ as well as EX.

So how old are your other cards? Just curious about the boost that you'll soon get.

According to MyFico TU...4 years, EQ 5 years and EX 5 years