Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Chase Invitation for Freedom CC

The last post in this topic was posted 2172 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey fellow CBers:

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves during this time of year. I have a question. On December 15th I FINALLY embarked on my app spree after putting it off for longer than I had wished. Well it paid off (more to come on that in another post! :clapping: )

My question is, I checked my mail on Tuesday and had an Invitation to apply for the Freedom Card. Here is my dilemma/question:

1) During my spree I app'd for and was approved on the CSP $22K and Ink Plus $10K (though I feel that I could have received more had I answered other usage questions with higher numbers). So will this Freedom Invitation be null and void with those recent approvals?

2) If I can apply, do I apply NOW? Or wait til I B* TU and freeze EX? (I am worried if I do this the new accounts will be reporting by then (total 6) and as of right now only Barclay's is reporting with 6 INQ on TU, but I can't freeze EX via online, says I must mail in, so I will call Monday.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated! Thanks to all again, I will be updating CPDB and posting my approvals in the next few days. I know they are baby steps, but I am very happy with results and have CB and all of the awesome members here to thank!!!

The freedom is a good card to pair with the CSP. The rotating 5% categories mean 5 UR points per dollar of spend.

The Chase TU pulls are for online pre-approvals...not necessarily mailed invites

Edited by Konrad2012

Congrats on your cards, especially the Ink Plus! That's on my wish list.

Try the pre approval tool on the Chase website to see if the Freedom comes up there. I wouldn't wait for B*.

The freedom is a good card to pair with the CSP. The rotating 5% categories mean 5 UR points per dollar of spend.

ThNks Konrad! Btw, Congrats on your AMEX Success!!!! Actually, your post here brings up a 3rd question I wanted to ask....

3) DW has Freedom CC ($4500 CL, so I don't really need a Freedom) I really want the Hyatt Card and Chase BA cards next year (as does she), however if I could possibly add one of them now vs in 90 or 180 days, I'd much prefer that. Would an invitation for a Freedom CC be any inclination as to whether or not I may be able to app for one of the other cards instead? OR if I can app, is getting the Freedom my best chance for a High Limit CL?

Try the pre approval tool on the Chase website to see if the Freedom comes up there. I wouldn't wait for B*.

Hey Mendel! Thanks, I just checked, funny cuz on Monday I had no offers, now I have the same 3 that showed in November (Slate, Freedom and CSP)..... Being that I can't seem to freeze EX online, should I still app NOW?

Hey Mendel! Thanks, I just checked, funny cuz on Monday I had no offers, now I have the same 3 that showed in November (Slate, Freedom and CSP)..... Being that I can't seem to freeze EX online, should I still app NOW?

I say go for it if the offer is still there.

CSP/Freedom/Ink Plus is probably the most valuable combo for travel rewards out there.

CSP/Freedom/Ink Plus is probably the most valuable combo for travel rewards out there.

Thanks, I definitely have been watching and reading the experts like yourself!!! SO should I use the Prequal or the Invitation?

Thanks, I definitely have been watching and reading the experts like yourself!!! SO should I use the Prequal or the Invitation?

I don't think it really matters unless one is the $200 offer and the other is the standard $100 offer.

The reason we like the pre qual is because with EX frozen, it's a TU pull.

If Chase is offering you those cards on pre-approval, you're probably eligible for anything. They are just showing their cards, not the co-branded ones.

The pre-approvals give you a chance at TU pulls, but the only guarantee is to freeze EX.

You might want to join the loyalty programs you are wanting cards for in advance. Then you'll get snail mail or email offers on the co-branded cards. I get them constantly for Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, United blah blah blah.

In some ways my EX special handling has been a gift. I got a freeze and pin for free, I've had multiple hard INQ's wiped (some that were only 2 months old, another that was 2 years but not 25 months)

If Chase is offering you those cards on pre-approval, you're probably eligible for anything. They are just showing their cards, not the co-branded ones.

The pre-approvals give you a chance at TU pulls, but the only guarantee is to freeze EX.

You might want to join the loyalty programs you are wanting cards for in advance. Then you'll get snail mail or email offers on the co-branded cards. I get them constantly for Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, United blah blah blah.

In some ways my EX special handling has been a gift. I got a freeze and pin for free, I've had multiple hard INQ's wiped (some that were only 2 months old, another that was 2 years but not 25 months)

Thanks Konrad! I have been a member of Marriott and Ritz for years now. We just started with Hilton. Hyatt is on our list due to the card, 2 free nights. Also will be looking forward to getting the Ritz card in the future and perhaps the Marriott. Right now since I have just started this Points Habit, we are carefully looking into the cards we want, AMEX and CHASE products lead the pack for us with the exception of the Citi Prestige and AA, which only DW can app for (Citi turned me down due to Tax Liens as did SYNC). She was denied on the US Air card due to too many new accounts, so maybe in late January if its still around. Again, thanks!

I don't think it really matters unless one is the $200 offer and the other is the standard $100 offer.

The reason we like the pre qual is because with EX frozen, it's a TU pull.

Pulled the trigger, we will see what happens, under review :sorry:

You don't need to stay at a place, just go online and sign up. If Hyatt is on your list, Go right now and sign up. Give them your email and street address...they'll be more than happy to pummel you with junk.

Sign up for United, AA, US Air, Alaska whatever. Its all free...If you ever get sick of it just send them a cancellation.

Start doing your research on the transfer partners and make sure you hit the bonus spend on all 3 cards. That's a great trio you got today. :good:

Yes very nice!! :)

Any good ideas for an EQ Puller?

If EQ is clean, get in with PenFed.

Sure, freeze EX and TU and then call BofA...they'll pull EQ.

For me, EQ pullers have been CU's, Discover, and Chase who double pulled EX and EQ on my Freedom app when my scores were like 600-620.

Start doing your research on the transfer partners and make sure you hit the bonus spend on all 3 cards. That's a great trio you got today. :good:

LOL Nothing is clean, that's what is crazy!!! I see Target, want a few tv's......should I?, lol, not that I couldn't have bought them before all this, but now I don't wanna stop....maybe another chase card???? 4 in 1 week?

Edited by MJPEREZ77

Sure, freeze EX and TU and then call BofA...they'll pull EQ.

For me, EQ pullers have been CU's, Discover, and Chase who double pulled EX and EQ on my Freedom app when my scores were like 600-620.

I thought of that, they I got a FIA Amex 2% for a measly $1k (I actually did laugh on recon, not even my store cards are that low), then they turned around and approved me for a BofA Biz Card $6k, weird!!!

Edited by MJPEREZ77

Chugs would tell you to app until you're denied...especially if your keep getting 5 figure limits.

DCU gave me 10k when my next highest was BofA at 6k. 2 EQs though, one for membership, one for CC. And the card is a turd other than limit.

LOL Nothing is clean, that's what is crazy!!! I see Target, want a few tv's......should I?, lol, not that I couldn't have bought them before all this, but now I don't wanna stop....maybe another chase card???? 4 in 1 week?

I think you need to move on from Chase for now.

The last post in this topic was posted 2172 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.