Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

USAA approval - $16K

The last post in this topic was posted 2175 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Well, one more step for the DW. Approved for $16K on their Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard, HP on EQ.

Her Scores:

Exp : 789

TU : 798

Eq : 806

Over the last twelve days, she's scored:

AMEX EDC - $9,400 to $28,200

NFCU Flagship - $10,000

NASA Visa - $13,000

BECU - $25,000

BOA - $8,200 > $16,400

USAA - $16,000

For a total of $91,000 in new credit! :yahoo:

I think this evening she'll apply for a second NFCU and a Citi card, then off to the garden!

ferocious-dunk-o.gif

Well, one more step for the DW. Approved for $16K on their Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard, HP on EQ.

Her Scores:

Over the last twelve days, she's scored:

NFCU Flagship - $10,000

NASA Visa - $13,000

BECU - $25,000

BOA - $8,200 > $16,400

USAA - $16,000

For a total of $91,000 in new credit! :yahoo:

I think this evening she'll apply for a second NFCU and a Citi card, then off to the garden!

ferocious-dunk-o.gif

Nice! Congrats.

The last post in this topic was posted 2175 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aahz
      So, when I signed up for MyFICO recently I didn't actually read , so didn't realize I'd only be getting one 3-in-1 report per year. Not acceptable, but totally on me

So, I poke around CB per usual when I have a credit related question and eventually stumble across BW's Master How to Sign up for USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (CCMP) Thread. Cool.

I follow along his steps and, after entering my SSN the site returns a message asking me to confirm that I am [NAME REDACTED]. Now here's the "funny" part - the name they showed was my birth name, which I haven't used (and hasn't been on my Social Security card, credit reports or ANYthing else) in over two decades!

Clearly, I think, they're connecting to some bizarre, totally outdated database. But I soldier on (so to speak), confirming that I am, indeed this person and managed to get signed up.

After checking out my reports and learning my way around the CCMP site I return to the USAA site and notice that I actually entered my address wrong. So, I go to change it and, after entering the correct info and clicking next, the site informs me that it can't change info for MY MOTHER because we live at a different addresses. Now, I haven't spoken to my mother almost a decade and I certainly didn't enter her name anywhere at USAA or CCMP, (other than her maiden name as requested, but the name they posted back to me was her (third) married name) so I'm compleely flumoxed.

I poke around a little more and it seems I not only signed up for CCMP, but also managed to join USAA, which I thought was impossible for me. My father was in the Air Force and the Navy, but I haven't spoken him since the day I graduated from high school in 1987, so I would have no idea any of his relevant required info. My maternal grandfather was also in the Navy, but he died over 20 years ago, so again, I have no access to his info.

Yet, alas, I've somehow not only (literally) stumbled into USAA membership, but my account has somehow been created under a name that is no longer legally mine and been connected to my estranged mother's account.

DO things get any more bizarre?
    • By Quietman
      Good news for DW! She was approved by Boeing Credit Union for their $25K Visa Platinum! It was a TU hard pull (will enter into credit pulls data base)

Her scores:

Over the last ten days, she's scored:

NFCU Flagship - $10,000
      NASA Visa - $13,000

For a total of $76,200 in new credit!

Her current stable:

US Bank Visa : $7.5K (2006)
      Sears M/C : $7.5K (2007)
      Sears Store : $4K (2007)
      Target Red Card: $1K (2006)
      JC Penney : $4.7K (2006)
      BOA Visa : $8.2K (2006)
      AMEX PRG : $- (*D to 1992)
      AMEX Costco : $4K (*D to 1992)
      AMEX EDC : $28.2K (*D to 1992)
      NASA Visa : $13K (NEW) - No HP
      Navy Flagship : $10K (NEW) - EQ, TU
      BECU Visa : $25K (NEW) - TU

Total: $113.1K

She's hanging onto some of the retail cards due to AOAA, but rarely uses them. We started her rebuilding in 2006. Still working on her "pimp status" with these new pry bars as soon as they report.

• By I don't even...
      Has any one else noticed CCMP's questionable math? I get that they are counting all revolving accounts as both Retail and Bank cards, but how does 5+1=7 or 1+4=6? Any ideas? Any one else with similar results?

Edit: grammar &c.
    • By BradS
      I'm very new to posting to this forum but have been using it for reference over the last month and wanted to share my recon story.

I already had a Barclay's Reward Mastercard that I've had for over 7 months now and recently hit the CLI button. When asked how much I wanted, I was rather conservative and only asked for $250 which was granted after about an hour. So then I thought, perhaps I could have asked for more? So after reading on here about people calling the recon line to ask for more, I took a chance. After going over my account and answering a few questions, they granted me another $250!

So I decided to apply for the Barclays Apple Visa card. After submitting I got the denial message and told me that I would get a letter within 7-10 days stating why. I submitted that application on Friday right before 5pm. I decided to call the recon line to see if I could get it overturned but by then it was already after 5 and they were closed. So I gave them a call today and talked to a very nice lady about reconsidering the application. She looked at my history with them and asked about my recent new inquiries which are all because I'm still rebuilding my credit history after completing BK13 a few years back. She also asked about my limited credit history gap which was because of the BK. I answered all her questions and she said since I have a good history with them and have been managing all my accounts well, that she would approve my application. I was stoked!

This couldn't have been possible without the help and information that y'all provide on this forum. I can't thank y'all enough!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Myke
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines