Tax lien paid in 2008 is still on report

ubermama

The last post in this topic was posted 2969 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Sorry about that - I didn't see a forum for tax liens and wasn't sure where to put the thread. I believe this was for our federal taxes. I don't see anywhere to upload a screen shot of what I see. Anyway it's with the local county registrar but it was federal taxes we owed one year that I was working 1099 and was then unemployed at tax time the next year and we couldn't pay the final bill by April 15th. Once I got another job we made payments and got it caught up. Thank you for your reply.

• Admin

You are right, no forum for taxes or insurance. Ask general questions, and you can get general answers. In your case, the answer is in a pinned thread http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=464271

"Pinned threads", or "sticky threads" are in a collapsible section of the credit forum. People complained that they took up too much room, but they also needed quick access to them in order to help newbs, so the members decided that a list of pinned threads that collapses once you've read them would work best. But although the link is there, most people are concentrating so hard they've got kind of blinders on, and never realize the answer could be in the collapsed sticky threads.

Sounds horrible, doesn't it? Like it might fall down on you and get tacky glue or paint all over your threads/clothes. :D

OK, I printed the form and we're sending it today as soon as Hubs signs it. What I don't understand is why it was ever filed at all. The amount we owed was nowhere near the previous threshold of $5,000! I'm glad that it is now raised to $10,000... but why has this been destroying our credit for years? It should never have happened in the first place. We were committed to pay our taxes, we just needed more time. We got on a payment plan and kept the obligation until it was paid in full.

I will never work another 1099 job!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2969 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.