Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Which Cards Are You Closing in 2015?

I converted my Citi AA Gold to the Citi double cash card to avoid annual fees. I plan to dump Discover IT because of the ridiculous $6500 toy

limit. I have $15K on Discover Escape (with annual fee) that I will keep if they convert it to Discover IT (no annual fee) with the same limit. If they

don't, I will dump that one as well. I may dump Sallie Mae Barclay too just because they won't give me the US Airways card (on their permanent s**t list).

Might dump Care Credit too since I have insurance now and never use it.

IIRC Discover combines limits.

If they are willing to PC, close the it and move the limit to the Escape, then PC the Escape to an it.

Like to close:

Amazon store card (1900)

Nordys (500)

Macys (1k)

Tiger Direct (commenity 2400)

Target (800)

Question,

None of these are a year old, can I still close them without impacting my FICO'S and will they still report if closed under a year?

Not worried about a utilization standpoint, rarely report balances. If I do, its because of pending transactions and missed cut-off dates.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Trying to cut down on the useless cards I have to manage.

Pretty sure I'm gonna close:

Walmart Mastercard. There are so many other cards offer FICO now that it's not worth it to keep this crappy card around.

Barclays Carnival and Barnes and Noble. They have 1% rewards or less. I am gonna try to get them to combine the limits into my Sallie Mae card. Any advice on this?

Citi Thank You. I want to do a PC to the Citi Double Cash.

Walmart Mastercard. There are so many other cards offer FICO now that it's not worth it to keep this crappy card around.

Barclays Carnival and Barnes and Noble. They have 1% rewards or less. I am gonna try to get them to combine the limits into my Sallie Mae card. Any advice on this?

Call the backdoor analyst number for Barclays to combine your limits. The front-line CSRs won't know whether to sh!t or go blind.

Call the backdoor analyst number for Barclays to combine your limits. The front-line CSRs won't know whether to sh!t or go blind.

Is that a Turkish saying?

No hon, that one is All American. :lol:

No hon, that one is All American. :lol:

I have never heard this saying before. :lol:

No, I am only remotely familiar with one Turkish colloquialism, and it has something to do with a fly landing on sh!t.

The only actual Turkish I know is:

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

No, I am only remotely familiar with one Turkish colloquialism, and it has something to do with a fly landing on sh!t.

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

Do you say that to the salt? When you're eating Doritos®?

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

Yes, but with apples and kohlrabis mostly.

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

I was at Whole Foods. I forgot to look for a kohlrabi.

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

I ate the last two as a bedtime snack. I'm cleaning out the fridge since we're both out of here on Saturday morning... who books a 5:30 a.m. flight on a Saturday? :swoon:

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

I ate the last two as a bedtime snack. I'm cleaning out the fridge since we're both out of here on Saturday morning... who books a 5:30 a.m. flight on a Saturday? :swoon:

My guess is TD.

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

My guess is TD.

Ding ding ding. And then I decided to leave on the same day so I booked the same flight for "convenience."

Seni seviyorum

and

tuz

My guess is TD.

Ding ding ding. And then I decided to leave on the same day so I booked the same flight for "convenience."

I am sure he's naturally cheery at 5:30am, too.

I converted my Citi AA Gold to the Citi double cash card to avoid annual fees. I plan to dump Discover IT because of the ridiculous $6500 toy

limit. I have $15K on Discover Escape (with annual fee) that I will keep if they convert it to Discover IT (no annual fee) with the same limit. If they

don't, I will dump that one as well. I may dump Sallie Mae Barclay too just because they won't give me the US Airways card (on their permanent s**t list).

Might dump Care Credit too since I have insurance now and never use it.

IIRC Discover combines limits.

If they are willing to PC, close the it and move the limit to the Escape, then PC the Escape to an it.

Discover said they would not combine the limits. That was my first try.

US Bank Visa is on the chopping block for June.

It's a card through my alumni society (which no longer OFFERS this card which says something. It has an AF, high interest and no rewards. I called US Bank's backdoor to ask about a PC or AF removal and they won't do it. If I want a better card with them I have to apply for a new line. AF hits in July so it's going to sit unused in the sock drawer until June and then be closed. And no, I am not wasting an INQ on another one of their cards. I'm only coming out of the garden for Chase and Amex this year.

US Bank Visa is on the chopping block for June.

It's a card through my alumni society (which no longer OFFERS this card which says something. It has an AF, high interest and no rewards. I called US Bank's backdoor to ask about a PC or AF removal and they won't do it. If I want a better card with them I have to apply for a new line. AF hits in July so it's going to sit unused in the sock drawer until June and then be closed. And no, I am not wasting an INQ on another one of their cards. I'm only coming out of the garden for Chase and Amex this year.

An AF and no rewards? :lol: Wow. Yeah, lose it!!

Should apply for another US Bank card and move the limit over to the new card before closing.

US Bank is good for one thing and that's combining limits to create a nice pry bar.

Well worth a TU "soft".

Should apply for another US Bank card and move the limit over to the new card before closing.

US Bank is good for one thing and that's combining limits to create a nice pry bar.

Well worth a TU "soft".

Oh, they combine limits? That MAY be worth it then....

US Bank can bite me. They won't give me a new card because I have "too many new accounts" and they want 6 months of history on all of them before they give me a new one. When I spoke to underwriting they wouldn't budge on the decline. I'm cancelling their piece of crap card and done with them.