JayB's climb to 800

The last post in this topic was posted 2379 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started at 591 FICO, it was March 2014.

I had 15 medical collections, unpaid utility CO, defaulted student loan.

I got all 3 reports clean on 11-20-14, after much hard work and a great deal of help from Why Chat.

My scores were not this high just that short month ago, but a few tweaks have done it. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve and I believe 800 is possible in the next few months.

I ALWAYS thought, this would never happen to ME.

So how did you take care of your medical collections? Did you do a Pay for Delete, or did you come to a settlement with them still showing on your credit as "settled"?

I also only got rid of the utility CO, by paying the OC. And could only get the SL in good standing by the Rehab process.

TU did initially delete many items with disputes, which is pretty common. But I needed more than that. I debated awhile and finally decided clean reports(across all 3 CRAs) were worth a few grand.

Edited by JayB27

I can't wait to hit 700! Started at 467 a year ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and me both. I'm trying to do a PFD for Bryant State Bank (Show Mastercard) and DriveTime which will hopefully give me a nice bump. Based on a couple of credit score simulators I've tried, getting rid of DriveTime (auto repo) will give me a nice boost in my scores, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

J Man, you are a little bit ahead of me like 25 points.

I have been watching you. I am on your tail.

I WILL catch up to you. don't look back too often.

FABULOUS work, outstanding, love reading yoru posts.

Thank you Liz, I keep up with your success as well :grin:

I want you to catch up, that means I'm still there.

Appreciate the support from you and all CB'ers on the same path.

I know one thing, IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN.

• 2 weeks later...

I am ashamed to admit I even had these, but it was before CB.

I just closed First Premier and Fingerhut.

Cant believe I ever had them, this is a lesson never to GET THEM,

BUT ALSO, what you can do even if they were on your reports.

I would add though, they DID serve their purpose. It is hard to get approved with no score, or low 500s, which is where I was when I opened them.

Edited by JayB27

Feeling pretty good about some changes that have taken place.

With some acct closures and a few CLI requests, here is where I now stand:

$XX Amex PRG 11/96*

$XX Amex Green 12/96*

$25,000 Lowe's 7/14 (bumped yest. from 17k)

$15,000 Amex ED 11/96* (early 3x CLI week ago)

$15,000 Fidelity Amex 12/14 (bumped from 10k on activation)

$10,000 BOA Cash Rewards 12/14

$10,000 PayPal MC 7/14

$8,500 NFCU CashRewards 4/14

$8,000 Sam's Club 7/14

$7,500 Chase Marriott Premier 12/14 (bumped from 5k on activation, TU Pull)

$5,000 NFCU CLOC 5/14

$5,000 PenFed Visa 12/14

$5,000 Walmart 6/14

$5,000 Amazon 5/14

$3,600 Chase Freedom 11/14

$2,000 Amex BCP 12/96*

$1,600 Firestone 6/14

$1,000 Tobyhanna Visa 6/14

$850.00 Victoria's Secret 3/14

$650.00 Buckle 3/14

Pretty happy about closing a few accounts that I had no use for anymore, that were subprime.

Sometime during my next spree or before, I plan to work the luv button on Navy, when I feel it is the right time. I pushed them pretty hard early on when my reports were dirty. I'm not really rushing that anymore, it will come.

AAOA 2.2 years.

I'm loving where I am and where I am going. As was stated earlier, I started in February with a $600.00 Fingerhut account, which I closed two days ago. Now I'm over 100k in revolving credit.

For now, not much will be happening. Gardening, CLI's when due, and re-assess where I am. Plan to research ALL rewards and loyalty programs that I may use and become a member of the ones I feel appropriate.

Edited by JayB27

I used Why Chat's HIPAA method, paying them. To the OC healthcare provider, forcing CAs to delete as is required due to privacy concerns.

That's..........BRILLIANT!!

Looks like I've got some reading to do. :D

Thanks JonE, I been telling you this :good:

You will get where you need to be. It takes time.

I rehabbed the loan, only had the one. Was quite a lot easier doing that than ignoring it like I did for years. I just never really cared about credit.

I will NEVER be there again. If I have a say in it.

Great work! My man JayB is in the house! Now that is what I am talking about! :yahoo::clapping:

Quick question for you J, I rehabbed my SL's as well and I understand that they reissue a new SL tradeline which I have, but what happens to the old tradeline that was sent to the SL collection department. I am in dispute with the old SL tradeline and the one that is in collection. All reports have removed the old Dept of Education but the Fedloan servicing is still showing up. Does that one get removed too?

Some old tradeline/CAs get removed, some are said to stick. I disputed all of mine, they were Direct Loans, and I left no remnants of it.

10-4! I am in dispute mod with mine at the moment. I am keeping my fingers crossed they go bye bye.

I will add, the way it reports is not great. It states "credit limit" XX amount, yet balance is higher. Due to added interest. I would rather the complete balance just be called the balance.

MY #1 reason on FICO scoring as holding scores down is: balances on installment loans too high. MUST FIX THIS.

This comment about installment loans being too high is basically Geronimo . They do state that "high achievers" usually owe 67% or less on installment loans. Paying them down doesn't impact scores like paying down revolving. It helps some but not as much bang for the buck.

Hey Jay- I was wondering if I should open a Lowes as a prybar account? do you think it is worth it? just wondering. I may just be too impatient. I seem to be stuck at $10K probably due to mortgage still showing as foreclosure in process...

so tired of that holding me back. the legal bills are killing me. happy Christmas/Holiday/ whatever...

Hey Jay- I was wondering if I should open a Lowes as a prybar account? do you think it is worth it? just wondering. I may just be too impatient. I seem to be stuck at $10K probably due to mortgage still showing as foreclosure in process...

so tired of that holding me back. the legal bills are killing me. happy Christmas/Holiday/ whatever...

You just got a 10k BofA and a 10k US Air and you're worried about a Lowes for a prybar?

That Lowes new account is just going to make it harder for you to get CLI's on the cards you want. You're beyond that now.

And pay the legal bills with a good rewards card.

Edited by Konrad2012

Very impressive work sir. I want to get back to focusing on my FICO scores. The highest FICO score I've ever gotten has been a 730 on my TU and it's now a 719 so I definitely wanna get moving.

Thank you. I am in score mode as well, I am looking for any points I can get now.

I rehabbed the loan, only had the one. Was quite a lot easier doing that than ignoring it like I did for years. I just never really cared about credit.

I will NEVER be there again. If I have a say in it.

Great work! My man JayB is in the house! Now that is what I am talking about! :yahoo::clapping:

Quick question for you J, I rehabbed my SL's as well and I understand that they reissue a new SL tradeline which I have, but what happens to the old tradeline that was sent to the SL collection department. I am in dispute with the old SL tradeline and the one that is in collection. All reports have removed the old Dept of Education but the Fedloan servicing is still showing up. Does that one get removed too?

Some old tradeline/CAs get removed, some are said to stick. I disputed all of mine, they were Direct Loans, and I left no remnants of it.

10-4! I am in dispute mod with mine at the moment. I am keeping my fingers crossed they go bye bye.

I will add, the way it reports is not great. It states "credit limit" XX amount, yet balance is higher. Due to added interest. I would rather the complete balance just be called the balance.

MY #1 reason on FICO scoring as holding scores down is: balances on installment loans too high. MUST FIX THIS.

This comment about installment loans being too high is basically Geronimo . They do state that "high achievers" usually owe 67% or less on installment loans. Paying them down doesn't impact scores like paying down revolving. It helps some but not as much bang for the buck.

Right, I agree. But I do need to get that SL down. And I will, in time.

You just got a 10k BofA and a 10k US Air and you're worried about a Lowes for a prybar?

That Lowes new account is just going to make it harder for you to get CLI's on the cards you want. You're beyond that now.

Yea, Konrad is right. While I do enjoy my Lowes card, and it is my highest line, I don't consider it a prybar at all, as it is a store card.

Edited by JayB27

I had a very lucrative app spree a week ago, with manual reviews, with both open.

None of my issuers while on phone calls have said that my $500 Victoria's Secret card was holding me back from anything.

I never had one of them mention FP or FH. But I am not missing those accounts :grin:

I plan to dispute any subprime accounts I close. I'm sure some will go away.

But I will also be keeping open the Buckle and Victoria's Secret cards.

Edited by JayB27

The last post in this topic was posted 2379 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.