Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Hard pulls for mortgage application, hard pulls for credit limits/insurance

The last post in this topic was posted 2151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi,

I'm about to apply for a mortgage so I will have 2 mortage companies do a hard pull for my credit, from what I read hard pulls within one week are not that bad, so I was thinking I can also apply for higher credit limits with the credit cards that require a hard pull, apply for better home insurance rates (which I think do a hard pull also), etc during this period, is this a good idea? How many points should I expect to lose on my score?

Thanks!

The first rule is while you are in the mortgage process, don't apply for anything else until after the loan is fully closed.

Pulls for a mortgage or car loan within a certain time are supposed to combine, because people are only out to buy one house or car and they commonly shop for the best rate.

But credit card pulls do not combine, they will hurt you the same as any other time. Insurance pulls are not supposed to affect your qualification for loans.

The last post in this topic was posted 2151 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By funkiehouse
      Noticed this on the Barclays site. Any thoughts on this? Is there a BOA US Air product I don't know about? I think there use to be a BOA US Air debit card...

• By funkiehouse
      Anyone know much about Suntrust credit cards?

I have an old student loan backed by them but that's my only experience with Suntrust.

Doesn't look like anything too exciting but not too bad either. Not much of anything in credit pulls.

https://www.suntrust.com/PersonalBanking/EverydayBanking/CreditCards/CashRewards

Anyone want to be a GP for one?

The cash back card is 2% up to $6k on gas and grocery then goes to 1%.
    • By Quietman
      Whoo Hoo!

DW was just approved for NASA Visa Platinum Rewards, $13K, 9.9%

I'm trying to make sure she has a complete credit profile, she has no credit unions yet. Although, she was just accepted to Navy FCU (based on my membership). CC application there is "pending".

Her FICO scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

The NASA HP has not shown up yet, but I'm guessing it will be Experian like mine was.

GIFSoup
    • By nkfluellen
      I'm in the process of getting a HELOC and I want to know if that limit will weigh on what the CCC decides to give for a new CL?
    • By Emtmedic44
      We bought our house about 3 weeks ago and I immediately app'd for a Lowe's card and got a CLI on recon for $5000. Since then things have gotten out of hand!! I spent approximately $3800 on the Lowe's card on things for the house, and splurged on a washer and dryer. I sooo got caught up in the excitement of shopping for my new house. My utilization is ridiculous across the board on my 5 cards. I make decent money and I know I can get this under control in the next 30 days. I'm just falling into the pattern of paying bills with my credit cards and then paying the balance with my next check and then starting all over again, and I see it getting out of hand. I just needed to get this off my chest so that I am being accountable to someone out there..I keep having bouts of anxiety when I look at my balances. Although, I guess that's better than not caring at all. I have made great strides and come along way since January of this year. I will not go backwards!! O.K. thanks everyone, I don't want to sound like a whiny child. I will keep moving forward.

Step 1- Get the credit cards out of my wallet and out of reach (done)

Step 2- Start paying on cards-

THE DAMAGE:

Wal-mart- $256/ $600 CL (paid $300 today)
      SDFCU- 274.89/$500 CL
      Lowe's-3900/5000 CL (6 months no interest)
      Cap One- $854/1000 CL
      Open Sky-$250/$300 CL

Step 3- When utilization is at 1% on one card, KEEP IT THERE!! I'm such an salamander!! SMH!!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Dawan
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines