Wells Fargo secure credit card

The last post in this topic was posted 2497 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a Wells Fargo secured credit card a little bit over a year now. I love the fact that you can increase your credit limit at any time by giving them more money. but something is bothering me, when I decide I wanted a regular credit card I had to apply all over again pulling another credit report. my credit union We Florida finance formerly known as CCCU is also requiring me to apply all over also. My question is this hurting my credit report?

Edited by getsome954

I have a Wells Fargo secured credit card a little bit over a year now. I love the fact that you can increase your credit limit at any time by giving them more money. but something is bothering me, when I decide I wanted a regular credit card I had to apply all over again pulling another credit report. my credit union We Florida finance formerly known as CCCU is also requiring me to apply all over also. My question is this hurting my credit report?

Do I know you? I live in the 954 area, just graduated my Wells Fargo secured card to unsecured, we have the same credit union WE formally CCCU and I was just approved for a Discover card too lol... The WF will graduate on its own they do graduations in march and October if I'm not mistaken. Edited by choppa02

How long for WF Secured CC get graduation? Do we need to call them for request or will they do it automatically?

It varies. They review cards in the spring and fall. In my case it was 18 months but I still had several CAs and a paid lien when they unsecured. They don't unsecure upon request but you can always apply of a different card.

I live in the 954 area code also, but I don't think I know you. I only work and go home... it's just a strange coincidence, I'm thinking.

Yeah definitely coincidence... The Citi card is a pretty good card in my opinion I'd suggest doing research and see if it best for you as far as benefits, apr etc...

Just for fun, I was wondering if anyone who is going to apply for their first Amex card in December before the year ends would like to GP an idea that funkiehouse came up with. You can see it discussed HERE.

The goal is to get 2 Amex cards, 1 to establish a 2014 MSD, and a second card that reports as opened in January, and to get both cards with 1 inquiry.

Looking at my Amex approvals this year, the account creation date is the same day as the approval date. People have generally had a lot of success applying for a charge card + revolver within a 24 hour period and getting 1 inquiry.

Here's what you would do:

Dec 31, 2014: apply late afternoon for a charge card

Jan 1, 2015: apply early morning for a revolver

The second card should report as a year old already upon approval, and you can make it out with 1 inquiry.

Anyone want to try? :D

I would like to try the AMEX thing...

all of my inquiries listed below

12/14 Apply for Discovery (1 inquiry)

04/14 Apply for Chase Slate (1 inquiry)

12/13 Apply for Citibank bus (1 inquiry)

11/13 Apply for CLI Chase Fre (1 inquiry)

The last post in this topic was posted 2497 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.