Sign in to follow this  
minnie aubre

Statebridge reporting default 5 yrs after BK, help?

I just got an alert that negative information was reporting. It is this company, Statebridge, who purchased our mortgage from Bank of America recently. We filed Ch7 BK in 2009 and included the mortgage. This is how it is reporting:

Date Opened: 11/2006

Date of Status: 11/2014

Reported Since: 11/2014

Last Reported Date: 11/2014

Account History: Filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Nov 30, 2014

It also shows a zero balance and zero payment.

I am afraid my current creditors, especially Barclay, will see this and close my accounts! I did not file BK last month; it was 5 years ago! And, I have worked really hard to rebuild since then. The other things I see wrong is that they are re-aging it and they are reporting a default/charge-off after it was included in bankruptcy. So far it is only showing on Experian. I will dispute it. I was also thinking of sending a certified letter to these jokers. Maybe I can sue them. Does anyone have any advice, suggestions, or dealt with these morons? Thanks in advance!

I am not sure if this should be in the BK forum?

Edited by minnie aubre

Wow, just wow!

I hope you get that sorted out quickly. Those Ba$tards!

I'm not much help - well, exactly zero help - but just a little consolation post ...

Hope you nail them!

Wow, just wow!

I'm not much help - well, exactly zero help - but just a little consolation post ...

Hope you nail them!

Thank you!

I made a list of a couple attorneys to call. Last time I tried to find an attorney for this kind of thing, I had no luck. That was in Oregon. Maybe I will have better luck now in NV. It may still be an Oregon jurisdiction since that is where the house is, not sure?

Just to do exactly what you are doing - dispute it and send them a nasty letter letting them know that reporting it incorrectly is akin to trying to collect on a discharged debt - and that you will seek legal action.

Total BS!

Edited by Losluv

Just to do exactly what you are doing - dispute it and send them a nasty letter letting them know that reporting it incorrectly is akin to trying to collect on a discharged debt - and that you will seek legal action.

Thank you. I was thinking of doing that and then if it didn't work talking to an attorney, but then I wondered what if I mess it up more? Merrick did that to me and I had to get nasty with them. It worked out but it took a lot of time.

I don't think you will mess it up. This is a good time to call in TeeSharice and ICAN. They are the experts from what I've read - maybe re-post in BK forum???

Wow, just wow!

Hope you nail them!

Thank you!

I made a list of a couple attorneys to call. Last time I tried to find an attorney for this kind of thing, I had no luck. That was in Oregon. Maybe I will have better luck now in NV. It may still be an Oregon jurisdiction since that is where the house is, not sure?

The jurisdiction is where you are. There are a TON of BK attorneys in Vegas, and I bet you can find one wherever you are in NV. This is a huge no-no for that creditor.

Wow, just wow!

Hope you nail them!

Thank you!

The jurisdiction is where you are. There are a TON of BK attorneys in Vegas, and I bet you can find one wherever you are in NV. This is a huge no-no for that creditor.

Thank you, whipster. Do you have any recommendations for attorneys? I'm in Vegas. The problem I ran into before is that no one wanted to call back because the BK was already done.

Minnie - the IIB/CO letter in the sample letter section could be modified to work for this situation. At least it will give you a starting point.

I wouldn't start out with a nasty letter. I would let them know by being direct and firm, but nice, that re-aging a tradeline is illegal and is especially egreagious when it was included in and discharged in a 2009 bk.

Multiple violations of the FCRA and Federal bk laws.

Advise them you want it immediately removed from any/all CRA's with a written promise that they will never report it again or you wwill be forced to engage your atty to protect your legal rights to proper reporting along with proper compensation and attorney fees.

Sorry this happened.

Thank you, LKH. I have not done anything yet. Except sit around and be pi$$ed off. And think about what I want to say.

Take a little bit of time to formulate your thoughts, then put it to paper citing relevant law.