Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Another Succesful AMEX 3X CLI!

The last post in this topic was posted 2177 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

OMG! Can't believe it worked!

DW applied for 3x CLI, from $9,400 to $28,200, instant approval! :dance:

It was on her Amex Blue everyday card.

Her FICO scores:

Exp : 789

TU : 798

Eq : 806

Card used lightly over last 61 days, PIF always. She wants to achieve credit pimp status in the next year!!

Thank you fellow CB'ers for all the great advice! (special shout out to BobWang, Ubercat, mendlesshon, HoustonLynne, CV91915, SecretAgentWoman)

more-cash-gun-o.gif

Congratulations! My 61 days are up on the 15th. Is it best to call? Use the website? Chat?

We just used the LUV button on the website.

just put it into my calendar... do you count 61 days or just do two months and a day? also, do you request 3x or is that what they offer, assuming you have handled it well? and can you then do it another 61 days later?

I started with a very low $1K SPG so I would like to get it up there, most other cards are up at $10K level...

just put it into my calendar... do you count 61 days or just do two months and a day? also, do you request 3x or is that what they offer, assuming you have handled it well? and can you then do it another 61 days later?

I started with a very low $1K SPG so I would like to get it up there, most other cards are up at $10K level...

Do yourself a favor, wait till 62 days just in case. Not just two months, 61 days minimum.

We requested 3x her current limit.

Not sure when she can try again, I've seen it in the forums and would have to go back.

Do yourself a favor, wait till 62 days just in case. Not just two months, 61 days minimum.

Not sure when she can try again, I've seen it in the forums and would have to go back.

6 months

6 months

Thanks Mendelssohn! :rolleyes:

Not sure if the rolleyes was intentional or not, but I did answer your question correctly.

You can request a 3x CLI at 61 days, BUT you can only request a CLI with Amex on any of your cards every 6 months. 6 months from now would be the soonest you could request a CLI on her BCE or any other Amex she has.

I'm a little confused how OP requested a CLI over 25K without being asked for a form? (Forgot which one) to fill out.

I thought 25K and more

I'm a little confused how OP requested a CLI over 25K without being asked for a form? (Forgot which one) to fill out.

I thought 25K and more

It's not automatic, just more likely.

You're thinking of the 4506-t.

I thought 25K and more

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

I actually thought it was required.

I don't even think I'm going to attempt to 3X My 15K up to 45K. :lol:

I thought 25K and more

Sometimes it can be the key to high limits with Amex. There's at least 1 CB member with a $100K limit on a single card (the single card limit), and that came after a 4506-t.

If your income supports high limits, you have nothing to lose. If you want to be cautious, request $25K.

I thought 25K and more

Sometimes it can be the key to high limits with Amex. There's at least 1 CB member with a $100K limit on a single card (the single card limit), and that came after a 4506-t.

If your income supports high limits, you have nothing to lose. If you want to be cautious, request $25K.

I think to be on the safe side, I would like to get both my cards up to 24K and then combine them eventually.

Nice limit. Not sure why you cant believe it, with those scores and potential pimpdom in the next year.

She better get used to this, not for the faint at heart :ph34r:

The last post in this topic was posted 2177 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BJKill
      I have been thinking about this since learning about Amex backdating and how it helps AAofA.

I have really two thoughts. One is I'm surprised that AMEX isn't pressured not to backdate new accounts since the rules say if you report (you don't have to report), you have to report accurately. I'm glad they do it, but they are kind of fudging there.

But what I really don't get is why some of their competitors don't do the same thing. That would be a huge benefit to members and would draw lots of new business and wouldn't cost a dime.

I am just surprised that AMEX seems to have a lock on this perk and is able to gain a competitive advantage over their peers.

• By funkiehouse
      AMEX Platinum Charge Card 100k MR points after $3k spend in 3 months

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold 50k MR points after $1k spend in 3 months

Apply through Cardmatch tool without initial hard pull to pre-qualify - must be opted in - may be targeted

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/?aid=e9b5845b&bid=5cf9de14a9f94cb0

More about the deal: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/01/amex-platinum-100000-point-offer-back-targeted/

• By MJPEREZ77
      Happy New Year's to all my fellow CBers:

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. I had a quick question, I have read threads on D* and in everything I got a little confused. With regards to an AU card, IF the AU had their OWN AMEX in say 1993 would they be able to use that as a D* date if added on as an AU? I know that it is said AU D* is dead, however, I kinda got turned around in my readings, I think that it is dead with regards to the MAIN CC Acct Holder having D* and the AU trying to get the SAME D* that really wasn't theirs. I am assuming that if the AU had a potential D* of 1993, that AMEX would honor it regardless of the date on the new acct, am I completely off here?

Also, if AMEX did allow it, what might the impact be on the AU's AAOA. would it truly effect it? Or since it's only an AU card does it factor differently?

As always, thanks for all your help and guidance, I have some success stories to share as soon as I get caught up with school.
    • By bunyan
      Hello,

I already had one $5000 Cash Rewards Visa with BofA and a $300 limit Signature Visa as well. The $300 Visa was open since 2007. The $5000 limit one has been open since 2011. I also have a $2500 Amazon store card since about 2011 and a Capital One Quicksilver Visa with an $800 limit, and a Capital One Platinum MasterCard with a $700 limit. Have had both of those since 2010. The $5000 BofA Cash Rewards card, Amazon Store Card, and both Capital One cards have all been as the limit since last summer. I never had any late payments. I have had my checking account with BofA since 2007. I also have a business account with BofA. No Money Market amounts or anything like that with them. My Experian score is 726 (That's who they pulled)

I was in the branch on Monday and the teller said I had a Credit Card offer. So I sat down with the representative, and had him put in an application for another Cash Rewards Visa with a $5000 limit. That was instantly approved and I got the credit card in the mail yesterday. So today I'm at work and decide to call in and do a balance transfer from my other cards to my new card. While I'm talking to the CSR I ask if he thinks I can get a CLI to 10 or 15 grand. He said he thinks I can and maybe they won't even do another inquiry since I just got this card yesterday. I said ok go for it. 15 grand. He doesn't get an immediate answer back and says I should hear something in the next 3 days. This was around 1PM today. I check my account at 4 and I see my limit is up to $15000 on my new card. Wooo hooo! The CSR also said that I can get a cash advance for up to my maximum credit line at 0% until April of 2016. Fees are 3%. He already had approved me for $4800 (Since my initial credit limit on the new card was only $5000) but said once I get my CLI just call him back and he can give me more.

I'll be calling him Friday! Lol I'm gonna put all my other card balances on here so I can get the 0%. They'll be paid off well before then.
    • By CreditLuv
      Since I've seen the light from this board and MyFico.com I now understand that to really help your chances in the future to increase one's current credit line limits it's best to try to run as much through your CC's as possible everyday instead of just using your bank debit card, cash or writing checks.

One poster on this board or Myfico (i forgot which one( stated he was running $10-$15K a month on a $5K limit card using this strategy without the cash advances though I think.

My question is two fold.

To help with mass usage of my credit cards (on all my personal and different businesses I own for day to day, monthly and yearly expenses) will CASH ADVANCES help or hurt me in the eyes of the credit card companies in regards to helping me increase my credit limits? Basically do CC companies see someone that takes cash advances differently then someone that spends the exact same amount on some product or service?

Like they're in need of the cash and more of a risk to them. For example instead of paying a contractor for work they do for you with a check you could pay them in cash through a CC cash advance. Yes, you'd get hit with a 2-3% fee. But you would get to run more transactions through your credit cards and thus in theory you would use your CC's more instead of just for purchases of products or services.

Again from everything I've read, besides keeping your CC at a zero balance and then leave $2 on one card every month. For maximum chances to increase your credit lines the more transactions the CC companies see you do every month the more likely they are in the future to give you a CLI but also a bigger one correct?

Please chime in with your first hand experiences with this.

Thanks so much.

I'm finally finalizing my Christmas Breaking Bad marathon (watching Season 5 episode 12) so all his cash has got me thinking cash!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mike99
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines