Sign in to follow this  
JayB27

The Master American Express New Account Reporting Timeframe

So my Amex reported upon refresh of USAA today.

I have read that letting a balance report may, or may not, aid in the first reporting cycle.

Here are my results:

Two cards, approved same day, 30 days ago.

PRG no balance/did not report first cycle. ED had a balance/reported first cycle, 30 days after acct opening, 3 days after statement close.

If we can get more data on this we can establish how much the balance reporting method has on reporting the new accounts.

Whether or not it is more common with revolvers opposed to charge cards. There must be a method to the madness that is Amex.

Please share your recent results or add to this thread when your new accounts report, with the basic information.

3 Amex cards reported for me after the first statement with no balance reporting.

Amex number 4 has not reported yet, but the first statement has not cut yet. I'll update when it reports. I've already PIF.

3 Amex cards reported for me after the first statement with no balance reporting.

Amex number 4 has not reported yet, but the first statement has not cut yet. I'll update when it reports. I've already PIF.

Were there any charges on the cards that reported, that had been paid, the cards see any usage?

Were there any charges on the cards that reported, that had been paid, the cards see any usage?

Yes, plenty of usage, but PIF before the statements cut.

Ok, I think that makes a difference and the actual reporting of the balance/using the card-PIF will be treated the same way.

When we get enough data, I will keep a percentage of results.

I had not used the PRG, that did not report, at all prior to statement closing.

Just activated my BCE card, will go make a test buy in a few minutes, statement cuts on the 9th and I'll let it report.

My first card didn't report unti 2nd statement, but I had used it several times before 1st statement and even (accidentally) let $75 report that 1st month. Was another full cycle until it reported.

My 2nd card was kinda weird timing, in my experience. It reported several days after the 1st statement -- almost a week -- and there was usage on that statement but was PIF.

Third card reported after first FULL-cycle statement. The first statement was about 2 weeks after account opening. Next month it reported.

Maybe we need to note the variances in the initial statement cycles:

1. First card was not a full 30 days before statement cycle ended and did not report.
  2. Second card was opened the FIRST day of what ended up my normal billing cycle and DID report.
  3. Third card -- mid cycle; didn't report.

I should add that my PRG was pre-D*, BCP the day my account updated D* and SPG much later.

All updated right after the first statement.

My first card didn't report unti 2nd statement, but I had used it several times before 1st statement and even (accidentally) let $75 report that 1st month. Was another full cycle until it reported.

My 2nd card was kinda weird timing, in my experience. It reported several days after the 1st statement -- almost a week -- and there was usage on that statement but was PIF.

Third card reported after first FULL-cycle statement. The first statement was about 2 weeks after account opening. Next month it reported.

1. First card was not a full 30 days before statement cycle ended and did not report.
  2. Second card was opened the FIRST day of what ended up my normal billing cycle and DID report.

Good info. I appreciate the details of the reporting cycles.

The card that reported for me, also had one entire billing cycle, and reported with usage, which I intentional left unpaid. I will pay it now.

I should add that my PRG was pre-D*, BCP the day my account updated D* and SPG much later.

All updated right after the first statement.

I'm fairly certain, my PRG did not report, due to no usage and not a full cycle.

Good info. I appreciate the details of the reporting cycles.

The card that reported for me, also had one entire billing cycle, and reported with usage, which I intentional left unpaid. I will pay it now.

Yeah. I think I won the interwebz for tonight. :D

This is good info HL.

I guess mine fell into group number 1. Mine wasn't a full 30 days either. Another note is that I had a credit balance. Which may or may not had anything to do with it. I am voting it was not the full 30 days.

This is good info HL.

I guess mine fell into group number 1. Mine wasn't a full 30 days either. Another note is that I had a credit balance. Which may or may not had anything to do with it. I am voting it was not the full 30 days.

Occasionally I make a fairly astute observation. You folks were just here to witness one of those rarities! :rofl:

This is good info HL.

Occasionally I make a fairly astute observation. You folks were just here to witness one of those rarities! :rofl:

:rofl:

Well it's an honor to witness greatness! :rofl:

That D* Amex acct was like a thing of beauty to see this morning.

Brand new, 11-1-96 EX B)

Waiting for the next one to report, doing the 3x CLI, then app'ing two more in January.

This is good info HL.

You contribute plenty around here, and even when I was in my beginning in our Why Chat medical credit schooling, I gained some of your knowledge.

Don't see you on much anymore though. Welcome back.

Brand new, 11-1-96 EX B)

Waiting for the next one to report, doing the 3x CLI, then app'ing two more in January.

Nice! I wish I had shot for more D* but I am happy nonetheless with 2001. When I add the PRG, BCP and the Sourpuss next year with the baby D* it will be nice to offset the other new cards in my future next year.

This is good info HL.

I strenuously urge you NOT to get used to it. :warning: Dashed hopes can do dangerous things to a spirit. :rofl:

Brand new, 11-1-96 EX B)

Nice! I wish I had shot for more D* but I am happy nonetheless with 2001. When I add the PRG, BCP and the Sourpuss next year with the baby D* it will be nice to offset the other new cards in my future next year.

Just imagine life without it !! That D* is fine.

This is good info HL.

You contribute plenty around here, and even when I was in my beginning in our Why Chat medical credit schooling, I gained some of your knowledge.

Don't see you on much anymore though. Welcome back.

Thanks, Jay -- I remember that exchange in Medical forum. And I'm so glad you're still pluggin' away! :good: I've been scarce around here, I know. :blush: Liz has almost called out the cavalry a few times. But I will NOT disappear altogether. I'm a little bit of the "addictive" type...all or nothin'; feast or famine. :( But I'm aiming for more of that stuff they call "moderation"...whoever they are. :dntknw::lol:

This is good info HL.

I strenuously urge you NOT to get used to it. :warning: Dashed hopes can do dangerous things to a spirit. :rofl:

:rofl: Glad to see you popped back in HL. It's been awhile. Liz was about to have a heart attack! :rofl:

Brand new, 11-1-96 EX B)

Just imagine life without it !! That D* is fine.

So true!

This may not be entirely applicable in this discussion but, it's been very vexing to me.

No statement has been generated yet but. a few days after receiving the Costco card, "Black Friday" charged about $700 posted/pending, over-PIF the next day online.

Made a few additional purchases the following week but, when I attempted to make another payment...couldn't! AmEx chat said new accounts aren't allowed to make additional payments in the first 30 days until a statement is generated???

Seems a little wacky to me, I didn't want my first statement posted to the CRs with any balance...

This may not be entirely applicable in this discussion but, it's been very vexing to me.

No statement has been generated yet but. a few days after receiving the Costco card, "Black Friday" charged about $700 posted/pending, over-PIF the next day online.

Made a few additional purchases the following week but, when I attempted to make another payment...couldn't! AmEx chat said new accounts aren't allowed to make additional payments in the first 30 days until a statement is generated???

Seems a little wacky to me, I didn't want my first statement posted to the CRs with any balance...

Push a payment from your checking bill pay.