Sign in to follow this  
dilligaf

Off of Amex blacklist

Trying to keep it short ...

I have been away for a while. Came back this week to say hi in GD. Started reading around in CF and saw this thread:

The Master Blacklist Black List Thread – Work In Progress, Help Needed

Now, I haven't applied for an Amex since 2007. Back then, the CO was no longer on my reports. Only denied because of internal blacklist. Not sure when it actually CO'd.

So, I thought WTH. I'll try. Applied for the Everyday card because it looked kind of cool.

FACO on TU is 721. The rest are unknown.

I do have quite a few other cards at this point with about $50k total in CLs ranging from $500 (Target) up to $25k (USAA).

I was approved for $2k. Eh. Not great. But, I am back in. Don't know if that is good or bad yet.

Then I start reading about D*. Hmmm. Better check that out. Click the chat button and ask if I can get my Member Since date set back to my original. Sure Mr. D. Let me look that up for you. Is **** correct? Yes sir, that sounds about right. New date shows online before we finish the chat.

Boom, a brand new CL from 1998.

Once again, thanks CB. You guys are awesome as usual :)

Congrats!

Same thing happened with me a few months ago only I made the stupid mistake of testing with the Green Card. I was so accustomed to the rejection that I didn't bother to test with the card I really wanted. After a week or two I used chat as well to get my MSD changed to 1993 and then app'd for the PRG but I plan to try for the EDP in May.

Congrats. How much was your original CO for?

Thanks. I am not sure. My guess would be over $1k and under $5k. I believe it was on two cards.

Congrats. How much was your original CO for?

Thanks. I am not sure. My guess would be over $1k and under $5k. I believe it was on two cards.

I had to re-read the OP to make sure, but if you were off the reports in 2007, and your starting date was 1998, then you had about 12-18 months between opening and C/O status, and then 7 years to report, and then 7 years after that. So its been 14 years since you had the account at an open status.

If thats the case, then I got about....6 years to go :D Like you, mine were small amounts, maybe a total of 3k, but I had 2 accounts, and I had opened them around, I dunno 2005 ish maybe?

Your math sounds right to me. But, I have not applied again between 2007 and 2014. Maybe ignoring them (playing hard to get) made them want me :yu:

The general trend seems to be it has to be at least 8 years and more than likely 10 since the CO/BK, AND the amount had to be less than $10K to have a shot.

Edited by CTSoxFan

Annual fees burn my buns :stop:

That is a closed minded way to look at things...if the value derived from the card outweighs the annual fee, then you should be open to getting an AF card because you are in a net positive position...

See, you never know what you're going to find when you come back :lol:

This is good news for a lot of us and maybe I only have 9 years instead of the 15 I thought I had to wait :)

Congrats on getting back in with Amex!

Annual fees burn my buns :stop:

That is a closed minded way to look at things...if the value derived from the card outweighs the annual fee, then you should be open to getting an AF card because you are in a net positive position...

+1

Your math sounds right to me. But, I have not applied again between 2007 and 2014. Maybe ignoring them (playing hard to get) made them want me :yu:

They were softing my EX every few weeks for awhile.

They haven't recently though since I applied to them and got the decline.

Hrrrm, I wonder if there's any correlation to those events ceasing.

I mean, whats the worst that can happen, another non pull?

I might try the Costco Amex and see what happens for S&G :D

So, I login today (because it is cool to see it) and my date changed again. I am now a member since 1996. Two more years. I hope it keeps going that direction if it keeps moving.

I IIB'd AMEX in 1994 -- Amex Green Card $2100 and Optima for $2500 (approximately), and just applied today with a 2009 BK (yes, 2nd BK, I know) showing, and guess what? Got the AMEX Everyday Card with a $4K limit. Apparently I'm off the blacklist.

I IIB'd AMEX in 1994 -- Amex Green Card $2100 and Optima for $2500 (approximately), and just applied today with a 2009 BK (yes, 2nd BK, I know) showing, and guess what? Got the AMEX Everyday Card with a $4K limit. Apparently I'm off the blacklist.

Congrats!

I am assuming that you did not include them in the 2009 BK?

Applied for Costco Amex - no luck. CO was in 2003. Can't access reason for decline online.

I was not able to, either, when I had applied.

Congrats!

Correct, I didn't have any AMEX products in 2009.

Congrats!

Correct, I didn't have any AMEX products in 2009.

Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

Seems to fit the pattern of >10 yrs and <$10K.

congrats

And just got D* back to 1989.