Where to get FICO only

The last post in this topic was posted 2330 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just ordered my free annual reports - by mail. I also wanted to get my FICO scores but I can't see any way to get JUST the scores. Experian has a phone number to get a "score" if I have already ordered my report, but I'm pretty sure that's a FAKO - and I can't find any links for just scores on any of the others.

Does anyone have any links or suggestions on how to get JUST my FICO scores from all 3 bureaus?

Only thing I can find on myfico is http://www.myfico.com/products/ficoone/ - which is all three scores AND reports. And at $20 each, it's cheaper to order directly from the CBs - but again, I'm not totally sure they're all FICO.

Thanks for the link to the free ones - I'll look into those.

You can only buy them from MyFico, and they are all the 08 scoring model.

If you want them for free on a regular basis: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=519290&p=5046445

but again, I'm not totally sure they're all FICO.

The point of the replies above is that they are not FICO's. You need to get them from myFICO or from a creditor offering a FICO.

What you're asking for isn't available so you have to choose where you're willing to compromise.

Edited by takeshi

The last post in this topic was posted 2330 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Wildchilde36
      I ran across a post I found interesting.  The poster was inquiring about paying off all his bills except mortgage wondering about it lowering his score.  I am curious how that worked for the original poster and all your thoughts.  I am aware paying off credit cards will do nothing so your score but possibly raise it but what about the loans?  Most referred to the cards in the comments and not the loans being paid off.  
      Before I had learned that you had to have credit cards I thought paying your loans and paying them off was a good thing but when I had tanked our score (68 points) by paying off a loan early I quickly learned the difference.  Said loa was a 3 year 20K loan, paid it off in a year and a half and crap went down the tubes.  
      I am in a position now to be able to pay a loan off but have just let it run (2%) so it's not costing me much but I don't want to tank my score again.  Simular situation but on a toy where before was just a personal loan.  Does the loan type make a difference?  
      Here is the link to the thread I am referring to.  I appreciate all reply's.  

• By TheBattman
      So- my credit file has not significantly changed in a long time (and I qualified for long-term zero% auto loan back in April).

I do carry significant balances on my credit cards, but always pay (auto-pay) significantly more than minimum payments. 

but something triggered an odd cascade in the last few weeks. 

I got notice one of my Synchrony accounts had suddenly had the credit limit dramatically reduced. I contacted them and they said they periodically check credit report and make changes. The letter they sent indicated high balances to limit on cards. 

a day later ai get another letter from Synchrony- for a second account with them was having the limit reduced...

we all know this impacts your credit score, as it messes up your utilization %.

today, I got notice from a different bank- that, due to higher credit utilization rates, they dramatically reduced my limit in that card - 

Which of course now even further rips my credit score...
      And this afternoon, I get notice from Synchrony that my Automotive account (that has never had particularly high balance can limit) was having a limit reduction down to the current balance!

What’s going on?  I have NEVER been late, never payed just the minimum payments on any accounts... 

Is there some massive banking “surprise” on the horizon?

I did recently put a credit freeze on all 3 bureaus due to someone filing for unemployment with my name/SS# and I filed a police report on that. 

I have paid credit monitoring service- and there is nothing new or odd on my CR...

So what’s going on?
    • By nice8125612
      So when i was a teenager i went to open a bank account with my father at BOA (highly regretted it ever since) with a security deposit of $500. I had a bad payment status for 30-59 days and the account was closed by the credit grantor but only after i payed off the balance (they allowed me to pay off the balance by saying i had to make payment to use the card again and after i did they said i had to call a service representative) . I should have been more responsible on checking my balance since it was below $500 and thinking back now i was told that even though i payed off the due amount i would not be getting my deposit back, so me being a irresponsible teenager i just wanted to hide this fact from my parents. Moneys tight right now for my family so i was wondering if there was anyway to recover this $500. Is there any steps i should take to gather information regarding this ie the credit card terms and service before i try to dispute the fact? Would i be able to remove this remark from my credit score? I know this is a long shot but any information would help. Its been 4 years since then and the account was open for around 7 months. The year was opened on july of 2016 and closed feb 2017. Has anyone else had any experience with something similar? 
    • By KKP
      Does accepting a settlement offer on a closed credit card account help or hurt you in the long run. Account closed with Best Buy in December and now receiving settlement offers from CRA. Should you go for it? What about requesting a pay for delete along with it? 
    • By Speedbird747
      After years of steadily increasing credit scores across all three bureaus, I was hit with a surprise this past week when I went to review my weekly Credit Wise report (which, I believe, is supplied by Transunion). 

Notwithstanding 10+ years of on-time payments, a credit utilization of below 23%, and some rather aggressive payments toward my accounts in recent months, my trend toward the low/mid 700s was abruptly derailed with a 55 point drop.

The only adverse indicators aren’t new, and include 4 inquiries (over 8 months+ old), and a 12 year average account age. Not a single missed or late payment. 

Any idea what gives?

I’ll add that I have federalized student loan debt that is in administrative forbearance under the CARES Act. On my credit report for Transunion, there is no “current” report for the relevant months for those loans (they are blank—no 30/60, or otherwise overtly derogatory notation. Moreover, I was of the impression that this forbearance would not have adverse consequences on credit. 

Am I missing anything? I have used my annual free credit reports for all bureaus a few months ago. Is it worth buying one ad hoc from Experian or Equifax? 

I’m...flummoxed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Beloitmattress

Important Information

Guidelines