Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Amex with BK reporting success

The last post in this topic was posted 2134 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My BK7 was discharged in July 2009 (will stay on my reports until 2019) and I applied for the Blue Cash Preferred card today and was instantly approved. I have a 700 score and a couple of cards with decent limits, Cap One, a couple of CU credit cards, a bunch of piddly store cards, and I recently got a Chase Freedom (very low limit) on recon. Anyway, I did not burn Amex in my BK and this is my first card with them. I hope this info helps others that are in the same boat. I pulled the trigger figuring I would get an instant denial and I was very pleasantly surprised with the instant approval. I don't carry balances on my cards (PIF monthly) and I had 5 inquiries reporting, 1 of which is scheduled to fall off in December.

Edited by Taxed

Congrats and thanks for sharing! Seems like a few folks are getting in with Amex after 5 years which is great. Do you have any IIBs still on your reports?

My IIBs will be dropping off in 2015 and will hurt my AOAA because they are my oldest accounts. If I can get in with Amex and D* back to my old account with them from 1989, that would save my bacon. So I'm thrilled to hear about folks getting approved!

Congrats again!

Nammit! I have 2 EX inq's both Amex from earlier this year...denied twice...my BK just turned 5 years old Oct 28th...

I'm being caught up in the peer pressure...help...

Nammit! I have 2 EX inq's both Amex from earlier this year...denied twice...my BK just turned 5 years old Oct 28th...

I'm being caught up in the peer pressure...help...

Go for it! There is not much difference between 2 or 3 inq

Congrats!! That is exciting news. I guess with everything that happened in 2009, some creditors are adjusting their requirements. A lot of good people were taken down, not of their own doing.

Ok so my BK7 was discharged 08/2009. Pulled the trigger after reading this thread and instantly Approved!. Wow! I still have plenty IIB accounts. Also I IIB Amex in my first BK7 back in 1996. I knew I wasn't blacklisted since I'm an AU on my mother's Amex Zync. Anyhow, I registered my card online and looks like I was backdated to 1994 when I got my first Amex card! Now that is SWEEEET!!! Only approved for $2k one of my lowest limits but glad I'm back in. Pulled only EX FICO score 711.

Ok so my BK7 was discharged 08/2009. Pulled the trigger after reading this thread and instantly Approved!. Wow! I still have plenty IIB accounts. Also I IIB Amex in my first BK7 back in 1996. I knew I wasn't blacklisted since I'm an AU on my mother's Amex Zync. Anyhow, I registered my card online and looks like I was backdated to 1994 when I got my first Amex card! Now that is SWEEEET!!! Only approved for $2k one of my lowest limits but glad I'm back in. Pulled only EX FICO score 711.

Congrats!!! This is outstanding news, looks like 2009 discharges are in luck!

Sweet news! Congrats and thanks for the report!

Had a few beers, so don't want to drapp tonight. Maybe Friday...gotta do the unfreeze EX thingy first. I will report in afterward.

Drapp-lol!

I think it's your time - good luck and definitely report back!

Awesome!! I posted last week about my Amex Everyday approval. BK'09 with lots of INQ's but still approved. Wife no go, but she BK'd them, I was only AU!

Congrats!! That is exciting news. I guess with everything that happened in 2009, some creditors are adjusting their requirements. A lot of good people were taken down, not of their own doing.

I agree.

Congrats OP.

OMG

BCE $3500.00

STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Ch7 10-28-2009 Discharged, just turned 5 years old last month.

1984 AMEX Member.

Do it, peeps.

Thank you mucho, OP!!

I tried for PRG and Costco. Denied due to including Amex in BK. Any of you 5ers IIB them?

Hell, they won't even let me AU. :D

My BK7 was discharged in July 2009 (will stay on my reports until 2019) and I applied for the Blue Cash Preferred card today and was instantly approved. I have a 700 score and a couple of cards with decent limits, Cap One, a couple of CU credit cards, a bunch of piddly store cards, and I recently got a Chase Freedom (very low limit) on recon. Anyway, I did not burn Amex in my BK and this is my first card with them. I hope this info helps others that are in the same boat. I pulled the trigger figuring I would get an instant denial and I was very pleasantly surprised with the instant approval. I don't carry balances on my cards (PIF monthly) and I had 5 inquiries reporting, 1 of which is scheduled to fall off in December.

Thank you and, yes, I still have a bunch of IIB accounts on my reports.

This is good to know. I actually applied to them but was turned down due to a dismissed BK13 from 2011. This makes me think it may have just been too soon. I'll try again in a couple of more years when my scores have improved and a little more time has passed. From what I've read, a dismissed BK13 only stays on your record for 7 years.

The last post in this topic was posted 2134 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.