Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Golden1 CU Plat RewardsVisa 3% Cash Back on Gas,Grocery&Restaurant's

The last post in this topic was posted 1208 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Their secured card requires a secured deposit of 1.5x your CC CL. +100 to "They're a conservative CU"

Yep, I had one of those for 4 years (before I found CB) while I was rebuilding. I closed it last year. They would not convert to unsecured either. Ever...

Their secured card requires a secured deposit of 1.5x your CC CL. +100 to "They're a conservative CU"

Yep, I had one of those for 4 years (before I found CB) while I was rebuilding. I closed it last year. They would not convert to unsecured either. Ever...

Did you at least get rewards? I mean, for a deposit like that the least they can do is give you 1% back on all of your enema purchases.

Golden 1 sucks! DD is a day early and thats the only good thing about them! ULTRA conservative, they wouldn't even give me a car loan (4 years post BK and have a banking relationship with them, perfect credit since, DTI low). CSR was in a rush and acted like I was wasting "their" time. Alliant gave me an auto loan for $32,000 4.9%@72 mo and they're supposed to be conservative! Golden 1 acts more like a large bank than a credit union. I sent in a complaint on a different matter to CEO and it took them 3 months to respond, basically saying SOL! Complaint was based on misinformation by tellers from the same branch!!!! THEY SUCK!

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. For Auto Loan they pulled EX and refused to pull another to compare or for better score, again acted like I was wasting their time!

Edited by chad9162

I don't doubt they are but lending constraints X years out of bk are not uncommon and by itself doesn't really qualify a lender as ultra-conservative necessarily.

P.S. For Auto Loan they pulled EX and refused to pull another to compare or for better score, again acted like I was wasting their time!

Now THAT is another story :beee:

Edited by virtualtreasure

I see someone got the card with an 805 credit score for $10k a couple of days ago in CP. That's who G1 is looking for.

Here are the terms on the 3% rewards card:

Platinum Rewards Visa®
  • Low rates
  • 3% cash rebate on gas, grocery and restaurant purchases, plus 1% cash rebate on all other purchases1
  • Fast emergency card replacement by calling 1-800-VISA-911 when traveling
  • Worldwide acceptance
  • Credit lines up to $50,000
  • For maximum convenience, use Golden 1 OnlineSM to make your Golden 1 Visa Platinum Rewards payments or to request monthly automatic payments.

1 Cash rebates are available on qualified net purchases (less credits, returns and adjustments), excluding cash advances and balance transfers. Accounts in default under the terms of the agreement forfeit all accumulated rebates. To receive a rebate, the primary cardholder must be an active member and maintain a Golden 1 Regular Savings Account with the required minimum balance. Please see our Disclosure of Account Information for other terms and conditions. Rebate not available on Secured Visa, any equity card products, or any affinity cards. Credit card accounts closed prior to their monthly closing statement date forfeit all unpaid rebates earned during the prior period. We reserve the right to change or discontinue this program.

I see someone got the card with an 805 credit score for $10k a couple of days ago in CP. That's who G1 is looking for.

Here are the terms on the 3% rewards card:

Platinum Rewards Visa®

• Low rates
  • 3% cash rebate on gas, grocery and restaurant purchases, plus 1% cash rebate on all other purchases1
  • Fast emergency card replacement by calling 1-800-VISA-911 when traveling
  • Worldwide acceptance
  • Credit lines up to $50,000
  • For maximum convenience, use Golden 1 OnlineSM to make your Golden 1 Visa Platinum Rewards payments or to request monthly automatic payments.
1 Cash rebates are available on qualified net purchases (less credits, returns and adjustments), excluding cash advances and balance transfers. Accounts in default under the terms of the agreement forfeit all accumulated rebates. To receive a rebate, the primary cardholder must be an active member and maintain a Golden 1 Regular Savings Account with the required minimum balance. Please see our Disclosure of Account Information for other terms and conditions. Rebate not available on Secured Visa, any equity card products, or any affinity cards. Credit card accounts closed prior to their monthly closing statement date forfeit all unpaid rebates earned during the prior period. We reserve the right to change or discontinue this program.

Only 1% on suppositories. :(

Got a letter today saying they'll be crediting my account for $5 from this year's give back program. $5 is the minimum amount for members just having a share account.

I heard on radio this morning that their give back this year to their customers exceeds 1 million dollars, ranging from $5-$1000 per a customer depends on types of accounts. By far a record for our state, but they think it's a record for the entire country. Heard it on news Radio this morning

Golden 1 is a very conservative CU (have banked with them for 22 years). They pull EQ (at least for me here in the Sacramento area). They won't give you

a debit card without pulling your credit (I think a HP...). No debit card unless your score meets their criteria. Chex sensitive as well.

I got a used car loan from them ages ago. A year after I bought the car, I didn't get a DMV renewal like I should have to renew the registration. I went to DMV and they told me

the car wasn't registered to me but the original owner and told me something must have went wrong with the title transfer with Golden 1. Sure enough, after contacting

G1, they had lost a courier bag and my paperwork must have been part of that lost bag. Major pain to straighten everything out not to mention the liability issue if I had

a car accident in that year.

I don't recommended them except that I do get free checking as a retired state worker and that's all I use them for. I can't even order or exchange foreign currency for when

I travel internationally.

My guess with the 3% rewards card is they will change back to 1% at some point. There is no way they would pay that good of rewards for very long...

Do you still bank with Golden1? I received an invitation to apply for the Platinum Visa card, and I was wondering if they still offer the 3% for Groceries purchases and how does the cash rewards works? I have a checking account with them also.

The last post in this topic was posted 1208 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.