Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Golden1 CU Plat RewardsVisa 3% Cash Back on Gas,Grocery&Restaurant's

The last post in this topic was posted 1209 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Golden 1 is California's leading credit union with more than 660,000 members. As a Golden 1 member, you'll be part of a full-service credit union that offers all the financial products, services and stability you'd expect from a large financial institution.

With more than 80 branches, over 250 ATMs and 30,000 free CO-OP Network ATMs nationwide, we have all the accessibility you need. Find out why 660,000 people just like you choose to bank with Golden 1, and discover the credit union difference.

There are many ways to be eligible to join and we proudly serve community members, families and employees of thousands of organizations and businesses throughout the state....https://www.golden1.com/home/defaultHmPgBnrSmVisaPromo680x87.jpg

Edited by credithunting

It looks like anyone can join through the Financial Fitness Association for $5 if I am not mistaken.

I imagine that cash back CC will be of interest to a lot of people. Any idea on how generous they are with limits or who they pull?

The stories i have they have pulled EQ

Creditpulls shows EQ and EX both.

I'm nowhere near CA or I might give this a go, I want a gas and grocery card, and 3% would strike a huge role in both of those

I've looked at Golden1 before as I am eligible for having a business in Sonoma Cty.

Their disclosure form says they can verify your info with credit bureaus including preparing a credit report. Whether that means you take a hard or not for membership, I could never find enough information to confirm or deny. I also could find no info how long a report was good for etc... ie do I risk a hard for membership and a hard for a CC product ala DCU. With that in mind, I chose to not apply and use HP's on PenFed, DCU, NASA, UN, SD etc since I was searching for higher limits having other cards I would use for rewards/miles

Setting aside the known higher limits of the previous CU's I listed, a 3% Gas/Groceries/Restaurant card blows away the turd DCU card I have and for many would make it a superior choice to Amex BCE/BofA 3-2-1 and many other popular cards from a straight cash back standpoint for many people

Edited by Konrad2012

Chex sensitive. Only people from California can get the cc. I got the cc, regret it now. Very amateurish.

I'm such an salamander. Why do I apply for credit union cards?

Edited by ihatedcu

Chex sensitive. Only people from California can get the cc. I got the cc, regret it now. Very amateurish.

What did they pull for the CC? Did you app for membership/cc with same pull?

Yes, same pull. Don't do it. Horrible credit union. I'm warning everyone, they are terrible. Five minute with CSR, I was ready to close the account. Makes DCU look good.

I don't have a credit card with them, but joined a while ago. HARD PULL just for a savings account when I became a member. I forgot which credit bureau as it already has fallen off my report. They call me once in a while about opening a checking account. I really don't need one. Opening a Golden 1 credit card not a high priority with me. I live in California.

Edited by Burgerwars

Yes, same pull. Don't do it. Horrible credit union. I'm warning everyone, they are terrible. Five minute with CSR, I was ready to close the account. Makes DCU look good.

You need to immediately cancel your CB account and start a new one : Ihategolden1morethandcu

Edited by Konrad2012

Golden 1 is a very conservative CU (have banked with them for 22 years). They pull EQ (at least for me here in the Sacramento area). They won't give you

a debit card without pulling your credit (I think a HP...). No debit card unless your score meets their criteria. Chex sensitive as well.

I got a used car loan from them ages ago. A year after I bought the car, I didn't get a DMV renewal like I should have to renew the registration. I went to DMV and they told me

the car wasn't registered to me but the original owner and told me something must have went wrong with the title transfer with Golden 1. Sure enough, after contacting

G1, they had lost a courier bag and my paperwork must have been part of that lost bag. Major pain to straighten everything out not to mention the liability issue if I had

a car accident in that year.

I don't recommended them except that I do get free checking as a retired state worker and that's all I use them for. I can't even order or exchange foreign currency for when

I travel internationally.

My guess with the 3% rewards card is they will change back to 1% at some point. There is no way they would pay that good of rewards for very long...

And DCU views 1% rewards "promos" as a treat. have received numerous emails suggesting I apply for their cards so I can get on a the 1% cashback promotion in December :rofl:

There are a total of 963 associations, employer groups, etc., for eligibility. I pasted them into Excel to find the total (I didn't count them all). In case you don't fall into one of those groups, you can join the Financial Fitness Association for $5. It would have been shorter for them to list who can't join. :swoon:

Edited by Burgerwars

The last post in this topic was posted 1209 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.