Sign in to follow this  
FitChic

Never Activated Card, Charged a Fee

I applied for a US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard and did not read the fine print to see that they charge an annual fee (got the application right before landing). Anyway got the first statement and of course they charged the annual fee and I knew I didnt want the card so never use it or activated it. It's been's five months and I failed to cancel the card or pay the charges from the annual fees and late fees so got a letter that my account is closed and I need to settle the debt, (NEVER USED THE CARD, ALL ANNUAL, LATE AND INTEREST FEES!!).

Yes, I dropped the ball and did not close the account, but how do I fix this and my credit? I plan to call this week to settle/dispute, Do I say I never applied for the card, never received it, or pay so they can remove the lates?

This really isn't the right section for this. You can try your lies, but it probably won't work. If you'd called up as soon as you got the first bill, they *MIGHT* have waived the fees. You let everything go into collections and you'll take a hit on your credit for this.

This really isn't the right section for this. You can try your lies, but it probably won't work. If you'd called up as soon as you got the first bill, they *MIGHT* have waived the fees. You let everything go into collections and you'll take a hit on your credit for this.

rsz_batman-robin-slap.jpg

Dude, You're being a little rough on her. How do you know she's lying ?

Dude, You're being a little rough on her. How do you know she's lying ?

I think they mean because the person asked if they should claim they never applied for or received the card when they admitted they did in the first sentence.