Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Lending Club IPO

I closed out all of the short positions this week with the dip below three dollars a share.  Had I realized it would keep dropping ($2.90 this minute), I would have held out for a few more days.  I had actually expected the usual wounded cat bounce that saw it jump back to around $3.50 a share...

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

My original $3,750 is still worth $728.75.  

You could always try to make some money back by selling off options contracts...couple of puts and a couple of calls and you could get enough to cover a decent dinner or three.  Sell the contracts at the right point and you still keep the shares...

It's a thought...

25 minutes ago, centex said:

You could always try to make some money back by selling off options contracts...couple of puts and a couple of calls and you could get enough to cover a decent dinner or three.  Sell the contracts at the right point and you still keep the shares...

It's a thought...

I'm going to maintain the passive approach with this account indefinitely.  At this point it's cheap entertainment.

Best bet is to hold it for when you need some losses to offset gains for tax purposes...as I don't see it coming back.

This arrived while we were out of town.  According to my records I filed a claim in May of 2018.

0sO1E6R.jpg

54 minutes ago, cashnocredit said:

"If you wake up on a Casper mattress, hail a Lyft to get to your desk at WeWork, use DoorDash to order lunch to the office, hail another Lyft home, and have Uber Eats bring you dinner, you have spent your entire day interacting with companies that will collectively lose nearly $13 billion this year. Most have never announced, and may never achieve, a profit."

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  And yet people continue to give them money...

On 9/21/2019 at 2:01 PM, centex said:

"If you wake up on a Casper mattress, hail a Lyft to get to your desk at WeWork, use DoorDash to order lunch to the office, hail another Lyft home, and have Uber Eats bring you dinner, you have spent your entire day interacting with companies that will collectively lose nearly $13 billion this year. Most have never announced, and may never achieve, a profit."

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  And yet people continue to give them money...

I miss F**kedCompany.com

I am glad i never bought into the IPO, I was close and decided at the last moment to stay out. I have never had much luck with LC on investments side and was wondering how there stock would perform. The stock price of LC has performed just like notes on the platform, ultra disappointing.

10 hours ago, EvilMan said:

I am glad i never bought into the IPO, I was close and decided at the last moment to stay out. I have never had much luck with LC on investments side and was wondering how there stock would perform. The stock price of LC has performed just like notes on the platform, ultra disappointing.

I've been pleased with the performance of my notes.  I picked every note by hand, and didn't let their robot choose my investments for me.

The lowest annual return was > 5%, even after accounting for notes that charged off.  I couldn't have gotten anywhere near that with 3-5 year CDs over the past several years.