Master / Wiki Bank of America-Fidelity-Merrill thread

Konrad2012

The last post in this topic was posted 2227 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Some useful info regarding BofA and PC's.

I had the 1 2 3 Cash Rewards. Did a PC to the Privileges Cash Reward. Essentially makes it a 1.5/3/4.5 card.

Privileges has a $75 AF, unless you have $50k in deposits with BofA.

However, since I did a PC from the 1 2 3 to Privileges, I managed to keep the original terms of my card.

No AF since I did the PC vs an app for Privileges.

My annual mark is this month. Confirmed there's no AF... And I definitely do not have $50k in deposits with BofA.

I had never even heard of this card until you just posted it. And it doesn't appear on their website. I did find it in a google search.

I already get the same benefits with my 3-2-1 rewards with the Merrill preferred thingy. I wonder if I can get the extra 50% on top of the extra 50%? I doubt it...but now I science call is in order.

BUT, this black card looks WAY cooler than my standard 3-2-1 so PC I shall even if I don't get the double down bonus

Bank-of-America-BankAmericard-Privileges

Wonder if they also have a "White Privilege" card :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the 1 2 3 Cash Rewards. Did a PC to the Privileges Cash Reward. Essentially makes it a 1.5/3/4.5 card.

However, since I did a PC from the 1 2 3 to Privileges, I managed to keep the original terms of my card.

My annual mark is this month. Confirmed there's no AF... And I definitely do not have $50k in deposits with BofA.

I had never even heard of this card until you just posted it. And it doesn't appear on their website. I did find it in a google search.

I already get the same benefits with my 3-2-1 rewards with the Merrill preferred thingy. I wonder if I can get the extra 50% on top of the extra 50%? I doubt it...but now I science call is in order.

BUT, this black card looks WAY cooler than my standard 3-2-1 so PC I shall even if I don't get the double down bonus

I have this card. With $100,000+ in deposits there is a 75% bonus on the 3-2-1 rewards structure and the AF is waived. This is our household card for places that don't take Amex.

Yeah, I'd PC just to have the better looking card! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does BofA hide things?

This Privileges cash rewards card, their Cash rewards Secured card, and it looks like there is a Privileges Travel Rewards card also.

The Cash Rewards Secured card is the one that makes no sense. I think they'd get tons of new customers with that secured card, and the fact that they offer the 10% if deposited into the checking, and extra rewards for minimum checking balances would get them more banking business as well from those customers. And hell its secured...they get a deposit they don't pay interest on, swipe fees and if the people default they already have the money. Makes no sense to me.

I have this card. With $100,000+ in deposits there is a 75% bonus on the 3-2-1 rewards structure and the AF is waived. This is our household card for places that don't take Amex.

We mainly use it for gas and groceries.

CSP for dining , since I don't like Citi and don't use my old school Forward anymore.

CSP for dining , since I don't like Citi and don't use my old school Forward anymore.

I still need to figure out if the Merrill rewards bonus applies to the cash back on the BofA AAA members card. If so, that would be a great card. 2% gas/groceries/drugs with no quarterly limits. Plus my 50% bonus. A 3% unlimited groceries and drug stores would be great for MS if cash was preferable to rewards points for someone. That would be a 3.5% for CV.

I still need to figure out if the Merrill rewards bonus applies to the cash back on the BofA AAA members card. If so, that would be a great card. 2% gas/groceries/drugs with no quarterly limits. Plus my 50% bonus. A 3% unlimited groceries and drug stores would be great for MS if cash was preferable to rewards points for someone. That would be a 3.5% for CV.

I'm interested in what you learn about this...

I've been on Skype with BofA for over an hour with various departments.

1. The BankAmericard Privileges Cash Reward is no longer eligible to PC or upgrade to...it requires a new separate app. Apparently they changed their policy about 6 months ago.

2. The AAA Members Rewards card is NOT eligible for the Preferred Rewards bonus...although it is not listed on their exclusion list AND the Preferred Rewards program appears on the site info page related to that card even though it doesn't show next to the other cards that are supposed to be ineligible. https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/aaa-visa-credit-card.go

3. The Fidelity 2% AMEX IS eligible for the preferred rewards bonus, although it would be nice if someone could confirm that they have actually received the extra bonus. That would make it a 2.5% to 3.5% cash back on everything card which almost is too good to be true.

4. One of my transfers was to the "telesales" department and sounded like it was outsourced. Between the guy's accent and Skype it was a PITA to communicate.

Preferred Rewards ineligible list : Non-rewards credit cards; Business purpose credit cards; BankAmericard Privileges® (except Cash Rewards customers in the Platinum Honors tier); Bank of America Accolades®; BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™; Merrill Lynch branded (including Merrill Accolades®, MERRILL+®, Total Merrill® Cash Back, Total Merrill Match® and Merrill Lynch® Octave™); U.S. Trust branded (including Bank of America Accolades and U.S. Trust® Octave™); AAA Dollars® Visa credit card; AAA® Gas Rebate; Alaska Airlines®; Amway™; Asiana Airlines®; Azamara Club Cruises®; Bass Pro Shops®; Celebrity Cruises®; Elite Rewards®; MelaleucaSM;Royal Caribbean International®; Spirit Airlines®; US Airways®; Virgin Atlantic Airways®. This list is subject to change without prior notice.

3. The Fidelity 2% AMEX IS eligible for the preferred rewards bonus, although it would be nice if someone could confirm that they have actually received the extra bonus. That would make it a 2.5% to 3.5% cash back on everything card which almost is too good to be true.

I did my first redemption on the Fidelity card in October, and I got only the actual 2% that I earned... no bonus like when I redeem cash from the Privileges card.

Thanks for all of the research!!

I seriously have to read up on this card...

...thanks for the thread and post!

It's official! I have nothing but vile hatred for BOA. The EO just called me & I was told the ONE collection from 2011 on my TU report makes me credit-unworthy! Its considered a "serious delinquency" that plus my multiple inquires is why the denial is the final decision. Not 1 late payment ...always low utilization - then the jerk tells me maybe if you had more positive accounts!! My total report has 6!!! 5 are positive!

It's official! I have nothing but vile hatred for BOA. The EO just called me & I was told the ONE collection from 2011 on my TU report makes me credit-unworthy! Its considered a "serious delinquency" that plus my multiple inquires is why the denial is the final decision. Not 1 late payment ...always low utilization - then the jerk tells me maybe if you had more positive accounts!! My total report has 6!!! 5 are positive!

A three-year old charge-off is going to be tough for most prime issuers. Give it some more time.

A three-year old charge-off is going to be tough for most prime issuers. Give it some more time.

It's not a charge off its a collection ..

I think your frustration is misplaced.

83% of your tradelines reporting as positive isn't going to get you very far anywhere.

I've read tons of post from CB members who's reports have negatives accounts , late payments , charge offs , repos, & judgements & STILL have better options that I have.

BOA denies saying the ONE account I've had since the time my card was opened is the reason I'm denied & in the same breath tells me to get more positive accounts is a slap in the face..

I'm not sure where else my frustration should be placed. We all joined this board for some credit based reason. Mine was to build & I've leared to pay on time & keep utilazation low. That doesn't matter & I'm not supposed to be frustrated ?

I think your frustration is misplaced.

83% of your tradelines reporting as positive isn't going to get you very far anywhere.

I've read tons of post from CB members who's reports have negatives accounts , late payments , charge offs , repos, & judgements & STILL have better options that I have.

BOA denies saying the ONE account I've had since the time my card was opened is the reason I'm denied & in the same breath tells me to get more positive accounts is a slap in the face..

I'm not sure where else my frustration should be placed. We all joined this board for some credit based reason. Mine was to build & I've leared to pay on time & keep utilazation low. That doesn't matter & I'm not supposed to be frustrated ?

I understand why you're frustrated, believe me. I remember sitting here wondering how people were getting much greater credit offers than I was when their profiles were seemingly worse. You feel like you're doing everything right, and it sounds like you are, without making progress.

From a lender's perspective though, an account that has gone into collections within 3 years is a red flag, especially when that is one of only 6 accounts you have. The underwriter wasn't trying to insult you by suggesting more open, positive tradelines. He was giving advice on how to mitigate the damage of that collection on your report. A thicker file can withstand negative credit events better.

BOA/FIA has been a great lender since I've opened accounts there. I wouldn't blow them off just yet.

It's not a charge off its a collection ..

Well, then, the only difference is it wasn't sold. You defaulted. It's the same risk factor.

• 1 month later...

They graduated my card and gave me a CLI from 3K to 6K in early August based on (according to analyst) banking and payment history. Still had baddies, tax liens and judgments showing on TU.

Late October they counted my CLI request to 10K. The 6 year old 120day late mortgage baddie wasn't mentioned, nor the 1 remaining 5 yr old paid tax lien. They denied me the full 15K based on my 7 new accounts from mid-August thru Ocotber.

They will get a call again Jan 2nd and I will ask the analyst for 25K.

I don't bother with luv buttons or front line CSR's for CLI's with BofA. I call straight to the analyst.

Some new (old) Amex reporting. My Barclays US Air @ $20k reporting. Haven't called BofA for 80 days.

Just got a 100% CLI to $20k in 4 minutes from the analyst. TU pull @ 738

Couldn't grant me the $30K I asked for due to limited use on the card lately. And guess what, it isn't going to get used too much in the future either. 2% cash back on groceries isn't worth as much as 2 MR points on groceries. And the 1% on everything else isn't worth as much as an MR point, UR point or US Air mile. Probably won't bother them for another CLI for a while.

Edited by Konrad2012

The last post in this topic was posted 2227 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.