Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Amex spend $10 get $10 Back up to 3X

The last post in this topic was posted 1892 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I doubt I'm going to be able to use all of mine. I do plan on eating lunch and dinner out tomorrow and splitting the check.

Me either. But I'm certainly NOT worried about annoying a merchant because of running an extra transaction or two. Nor could they care either, a sale is a sale. :lol:

I doubt I'm going to be able to use all of mine. I do plan on eating lunch and dinner out tomorrow and splitting the check.

Me either. But I'm certainly NOT worried about annoying a merchant because of running an extra transaction or two. Nor could they care either, a sale is a sale. :lol:
Same here. They're getting business they normally wouldn't get. Edited by mendelssohn

Is it just me or is the map site the worst ever developed. WAY overdone. Hard to navigate. Hard to even get to. Finicky. Crashes often. Oh, and is unavailable currently.

What is wrong with anything Amex when it comes to anything web related?

Is it just me or is the map site the worst ever developed. WAY overdone. Hard to navigate. Hard to even get to. Finicky. Crashes often. Oh, and is unavailable currently.

It would be very helpful if it just let you search by category of business.

I'm taking my parents out on a breakfast and shopping excursion for the day. They're highly entertained by the idea, but they were unable to get much useful info out of the map to help with the planning. So I guess it's just grocery-type stores from there. I need popcorn and quart zipper bags. Not sure how to spend the rest.

I had trouble today using the map as well. Thankfully it was working fine a couple of weeks ago when I was picking out where to shop today.

I found the list version (online directory) better than the map version, but today I am not seeing a link to the directory, only the map.

Can anyone confirm that the FIA Fidelity AMEX works with this promotion? I just added DGF's using the link from this thread and received an email from AMEX saying it is enrolled, but it would be nice to get confirmation from someone who has tried it in the past before I waste $30.

Yes, it does, and THANKS for the reminder! I missed that one!

Srsly? Even though it is not Centurion? :blink::wacko:

Yes, worked last year, and I just successfully registered mine again for this year.

Works with any charge or credit card with the Amex logo. Just no prepaids like Serve or BB or gift cards.

Actually i was able to register my Bluebird card for this promo. I will be shopping at the local liquor store Saturday lol!

It does say Bluebird and Serve are eligible . It's just the prepaid GIFT cards that aren't eligible. :)

Out to use my Amex, x2.

Way more businesses than I anticipated being on the list

Goodwill stores came up on mine...

Has it been discussed here or elsewhere if the purchase comes to exactly $10 but includes sales tax, would that quaify? I can;t find anything in the TOS that addresses that.

Gyro Time gyro and a drink comes out to exactly $10 (including tax). There is just something appealing to me to nail this for exactly $10. And something very unappealing to me to get screwed out it by mere pennies.

Has it been discussed here or elsewhere if the purchase comes to exactly $10 but includes sales tax, would that quaify? I can;t find anything in the TOS that addresses that.

Gyro Time gyro and a drink comes out to exactly $10 (including tax). There is just something appealing to me to nail this for exactly $10. And something very unappealing to me to get screwed out it by mere pennies.

I can't prove it, but I think it goes by the total charge (including tax). I think you hit a HR with that one Clutch! :clapping:

Picked our restaurant for this afternoon - drinks on Dillard Amex and going dutch on early dinner special ($15.99) so that each of our remaining 2 cards get the spend. It won't be a net zero, but Amex will pick up most of the tab. Early birds get the worm but I feel like an old lady eating dinner at 4:30 :grin:

I went to the New Seasons market in our neighborhood, made three separate transactions of $10+, and came home to see three separate emails in my inbox from AMEX each thanking me for participating in SBS and saying that a $10 statement credit will be issued within 90 days.

Now I only have 6 more transactions to make later today.

A transformer blew in my city today, all of the small businesses I had planned to go to are without power.

You win some, you lose some.

Estimated power restoration time : 9PM.

At least I have power at home I guess.

Fyi a csr told me only one transaction per card per merchant. This was after I used s card three times at the same place. I received the email mentioned above so maybe he told me wrong. Regardless, I felt obligated to mention it here

A transformer blew in my city today, all of the small businesses I had planned to go to are without power.

Go to the next town over. Follow the lights

Go to the next town over. Follow the lights

It's funny because the place where I rent blu-rays stays open without power, and as soon as I walk through the door they say "cash only". They let customers use flashlights, the epitome of a small business.

I'm thinking, the only reason I'm here is to use my card. So I just left, I'll go back later. :grin:

Edited by JayB27

Fyi a csr told me only one transaction per card per merchant. This was after I used s card three times at the same place. I received the email mentioned above so maybe he told me wrong. Regardless, I felt obligated to mention it here

I did 6 transactions total at the same place (3 on each of my 2 Amexes). I got 6 email confirmations that I redeemed the offer.

I did 6 transactions total at the same place (3 on each of my 2 Amexes). I got 6 email confirmations that I redeemed the offer.

That's good news. We're heading out to eat shortly, and I'm going to tell the waiter/waitress to swipe multiples of $10 on my cards.

Of course I will explain it to them in advance and tell them I will tip accordingly. :lol:

+1 :good:

You should have received 3 emails.

That's good news. We're heading out to eat shortly, and I'm going to tell the waiter/waitress to swipe multiples of $10 on my cards.

Of course I will explain it to them in advance and tell them I will tip accordingly. :lol:

The waiter had no idea what I was asking him to do, so I explained it to the manager and she said it was fine.

I didn't use all of my credits today, but thanks Amex. :good:

Three of the grocery stores we visited today were listed on Amex's SBS web site, but they didn't take Amex. Really annoying.

The place we had breakfast was also listed, but the pending charge shows as Square... Hope that ends up counting.

I'm at 16 of 18 purchases today. Two left... and all that's left to do is dinner at Rei Do Gado tonight. Looks like I'll be splitting the check with me. :P

The last post in this topic was posted 1892 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.