Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

SavingStar Secured American Express® Card provided by First Bankcard

The last post in this topic was posted 1590 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

How it works

A $300 – $5,000 deposit is used as collateral for a matching credit limit1.Your card usage is reported to the three major credit bureaus to help you establish a credit history.

Graduate to an unsecured card

and we'll automatically send your deposit back1 to you in as little as 11 months with responsible card usage.

We’ll help you get there

Sign up for AutoPay so you don't have to worry about missing a payment. Plus you can monitor your progress with a free FICO®8 Bankcard Score online.......https://savingstar.com/credit_card

I hope some can help me

1) Where is the link to the web site for a Secured card ?

2) If my credit is bad- in the low 500 - will the still approve me for a secure card

I hope some can help me

1) Where is the link to the web site for a Secured card ?

2) If my credit is bad- in the low 500 - will the still approve me for a secure card

Big blue box under the second Apply Today button

My app was denied a few months ago. Since then, I've revived 2 emails (one this morning) telling me to app. I'm so tempted. I have 1 Cap 1 secured @ $1000, 1 Logix FCU secured (unsecures after a year), and 2 store cards. I'm actively working to remove my medical collections. I read on CB that having 3 cards is good for rebuilding fico. How long should I wait to app again?

At the time of app, I had no cards of any kind, so nothing positive was reporting on my reports. Reason for denial was insufficient credit file.

Edited by domainstar

This card is old new news. FNBO is a very conservative privately owned bank . keep this in mind when applying with them. very nice customer service rep and underwriter though, so go figure. For their unsecured products you have to have a 620 fico or higher to get play. if you are in the 500's definitely apply for their secured products. No need to waste a hard pull. They pull Experian.

This card is old new news. FNBO is a very conservative privately owned bank . keep this in mind when applying with them. very nice customer service rep and underwriter though, so go figure. For their unsecured products you have to have a 620 fico or higher to get play. if you are in the 500's definitely apply for their secured products. No need to waste a hard pull. They pull Experian.

I would not call 620 conservative

less about the score and more about the underwriting

less about the score and more about the underwriting

saving STAR IS NO LOGER IN IN USE*

The last post in this topic was posted 1590 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.