Sign in to follow this  
thesilverman109

Wallet stolen with CCs and all IDs stolen.....

My Drivers license, SS card, Vehicle Registration and Insurance cards and a few CCs were in my wallet. I filed a police report for the theft. I am in such a panic, that I don't know what to do. I will, of course contact the CC companies to report the theft. When the CC companies issue me new cards....will I loose the age of those cards and, if so, will that affect my FICO scores. I think that I need to contact the CRAs to put on a fraud allert, correct? I know that these answers are somewhere on this board, but I am not able to concentrate enough and don't trust my judgement. Can someone please give me some direction on what to do and in what order and how those actions will affect my credit. I have not been active on this board in awhile, but my FICO is over 800 now and I worked so hard to loose points now. TIA

Police report was a good start.

Yes, contact your credit card issuers. Your scores won't be affected. Fraud alerts would be a good idea.

Try to gather your forms of ID that were not in there, like birth certificate or passport. Maybe a utility bill with your address on it. You will need them to start getting your IDs replaced.

Good luck.

You are on the right track. You won't lose age on the cards. And for future reference, no need for the SS card to be in your wallet. Should be home in a safe place

You are on the right track. You won't lose age on the cards. And for future reference, no need for the SS card to be in your wallet. Should be home in a safe place

+1

Never carry your SS card on you

+1 to the above advice about never carrying your SS card with you, unless you absolutely know you will need it for something that day. As others have said, at a minimum FA your reports, or outright freeze them. I would also make sure you have a monitoring service.

Don't worry too much, you took the right steps, not much else you can do now but hope they catch the SOB.

+1

+1 to the above advice about never carrying your SS card with you, unless you absolutely know you will need it for something that day. As others have said, at a minimum FA your reports, or outright freeze them. I would also make sure you have a monitoring service.

Don't worry too much, you took the right steps, not much else you can do now but hope they catch the SOB.

I've carried my SS Card in my wallet every day for 12 years. I read the thread the other day about someone's GF losing her purse and her CC's and SS Card were in it. People were obviously saying never to carry the SS Card in the same place as ID and CC and I felt extremely stupid.

Honestly, how the hell did I think it was smart carrying my SS Card, my ID, and my CC's all in my wallet? WTF was I thinking? And to do it for 12 years?!?!?

I immediately took my SS Card and stored it safely away and will never carry it on me again!

+1

My SS is in a file, still attached to the letter it came on. I'm *pretty sure* it actually says on the form- "Do not carry your SS card with you"

+1

My SS is in a file, still attached to the letter it came on. I'm *pretty sure* it actually says on the form- "Do not carry your SS card with you"

Let's pretend it doesn't say that. Why would anyone carry something that most people only need about once every five or ten years?

I don't walk around with laxatives.

+1

Let's pretend it doesn't say that. Why would anyone carry something that most people only need about once every five or ten years?

No wonder you're always FOS.

=D

+1

No wonder you're always FOS.

=D

Lol

💩

Love ya CV.

You always give me a good laugh EVERY day!!