Lexington Law

The last post in this topic was posted 2070 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I used Lexington law earlier this year; as the did remove a few items from my credit report the system which they use is flawed. They order your EX, report, and they show u the CA or OC and the amount owed. Then they ask how you would like to challenge, whether it be "not mine" or otherwise. The rep I spoke with almost insisted I used "not mine" as it was most common and harder to prove other wise. This legally puts you in a pickle from what I've been reading since joining CB. Now, I mentioned above they only show you the name of the CA or OC and the amount owed for one specific reason. You have no way of knowing what type of account it is. For example thru them I disputed my OC Metabank/GLSSL as "not mine" based on the fact I didn't know who the heck they were. I'm assuming after seeing some sample letters used by LL that is the desired effect. There is a certain lack of full disclosure that should shy anyone away from them. Now that I'm looking at my reports on my own I can see exactly who/ or what I'm disputing. Which makes for a better attack plan if you ask me. Now that I think of it, in one case with LL I received a proof letter..... Anyways; another problem with using LL or other CRAs is that you aren't paying attention to what's on your credit; which I believe; makes good practice in MONITORING ones credit. For instance after LL got my credit score to about 680 I decided I was done with them and I could smooth sail my way into the 700s. WRONG. Since I wasn't monitoring my credit I had no clue my student loans (which are ALL thru Nelnet) were Being reported as 7 different loans. They were reported in two separate months. In addition to what ever else was on there. Had I known that before hand I would have looked into consolidation of my loans sooner. Needless to say that reversed whatever "hard work" done by LL, which led me to call them again. This time they wanted more money to start back up and I decided to start researching how to DIY. Now that I know they aren't doing anything I cannot do myself; I'm confident in my telling anyone inquiring about LL it's a horrible waste of money.

LL is a lot of flash and it is quick and easy but it does not really fix the root of the problem nor do they really teach you anything.

It is a shame because so many people are so scared to do it themselves. It does take a bit of grit and determination.

So glad you are here instead.

LL is a lot of flash and it is quick and easy but it does not really fix the root of the problem nor do they really teach you anything.

It is a shame because so many people are so scared to do it themselves. It does take a bit of grit and determination.

So glad you are here instead.

I'm glad to be here as well. I seen someone asking about them so I decided to tell people my experience and why I'm here. They can extrapolate what they wish lol.

Anything they can do YOU can do 10x better. I pondered in the beginning of my cleanup using a service like this. I was googling and happened upon this forum. WAYYY more valuable and FREE! As previous poster stated lets not ice the cake here it isn't EASY by no means doing it yourself. LL makes it seem like its 123 on sign-up but it isn't. It took me 2 years to cleanup BUT I have removed what I could, I have a few cards to show for it, and the stuff I was unable to have removed is only sitting on my report for the next 2 years so gardening it is until then. Better than being in credit hell had I would have never stumbled upon to these forums. Take some time and read up on here. The most valuable info you could ever find regarding credit.

Edited by bozzburg
  • 1 month later...

I agree. They had a $99.99 enroll and $69.99 per month deal on their web site in November. We signed up for their service for my wife's account. Needless to say, they charged us the $99.99 enrollment fee in Nov. and then in Dec. charged us $99.99 again. When I called to ask why they charged us that much, they said that we had signed up for the premium ($99.99) plan. My wife and I BOTH said we wanted the $69.99 per mon. plan when we signed up. They said they never HAD a $69.99 plan.

We also told them that we DID NOT want them to do any "Creditor Interventions" aka Goodwills. I told them that I could handle sending those out. Well, last month, I received a copy of one of the goodwill letters they sent to one of my wife's creditors because they sent it to us. It looked like a sophmore in high school wrote it; it was not very professional at all:

Here's the text:

Sir:

I am MB34's Wife and SSN 999-99-9999. I hope that your department might consider helping out. As a dependable customer, I have maintained the acct. more than sufficiently. In any event, somehow I acquired one or two late pay notations in my reports with TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. Eventually I am planning to file applications for a bank loan, hence I am worried regarding the plausibility that your negative credit bureau marks may spoil my credit rating.

Would "Creditor A" be will ing to revisit my history? I eagerly await additional opportunities as a "Creditor A" consumer and would be appreciative of any attention your office can offer to aid me.

Personally, I signed up for them because I figure that they'd been doing it so long that when the creditor saw that they were working on my behalf they would capitulate.

I REALLY expected correspondence to go out with their letterhead. I was highly disappointed when I got this and when I called about the extra charge, I reamed the paralegal about this and cancelled my account. My wife's score has written a total of 2 points in the last 2 months after signing up with them. Not good results, if you ask me. $200 bucks down the drain!!

I have written better goodwill letters and I don't even get paid to do it.

Stay away from Lexington Law, stay very far away....

I agree. They had a $99.99 enroll and $69.99 per month deal on their web site in November. We signed up for their service for my wife's account. Needless to say, they charged us the $99.99 enrollment fee in Nov. and then in Dec. charged us $99.99 again. When I called to ask why they charged us that much, they said that we had signed up for the premium ($99.99) plan. My wife and I BOTH said we wanted the $69.99 per mon. plan when we signed up. They said they never HAD a $69.99 plan.

We also told them that we DID NOT want them to do any "Creditor Interventions" aka Goodwills. I told them that I could handle sending those out. Well, last month, I received a copy of one of the goodwill letters they sent to one of my wife's creditors because they sent it to us. It looked like a sophmore in high school wrote it; it was not very professional at all:

Here's the text:

Sir:

I am MB34's Wife and SSN 999-99-9999. I hope that your department might consider helping out. As a dependable customer, I have maintained the acct. more than sufficiently. In any event, somehow I acquired one or two late pay notations in my reports with TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. Eventually I am planning to file applications for a bank loan, hence I am worried regarding the plausibility that your negative credit bureau marks may spoil my credit rating.

Would "Creditor A" be will ing to revisit my history? I eagerly await additional opportunities as a "Creditor A" consumer and would be appreciative of any attention your office can offer to aid me.

Personally, I signed up for them because I figure that they'd been doing it so long that when the creditor saw that they were working on my behalf they would capitulate.

I REALLY expected correspondence to go out with their letterhead. I was highly disappointed when I got this and when I called about the extra charge, I reamed the paralegal about this and cancelled my account. My wife's score has written a total of 2 points in the last 2 months after signing up with them. Not good results, if you ask me. $200 bucks down the drain!!

I have written better goodwill letters and I don't even get paid to do it.

Stay away from Lexington Law, stay very far away....

Wow. :swoon:

Great thread w20dy. CRO stories don't come up often enough. Hopefully this will help others before getting sucked in.

The best way to keep your credit in good standing after a repair is to go through all of the steps that it takes to repair your credit yourself (with the help of the wonderful people at CB).

No CRO will tell you that just by using them, you will lose the protections afforded by FACTA.

Lexington Law may state that they have attorneys working with them,Blah Blah Blah!,

and charge you Big bucks for doing what you could do yourself.

but here on this forum, there is more knowledge, and self educated people, that will give you Great schooling, and never charge you a dime.,, At least most will, lol.

Just kidding!!!,

And it is all here.........

Edited by tim_ibs

I used them in the beggining....and they helped remove a lot of collections.

They are not scam artists. They do what they say they will. I didn't have the time and energy at the time, so I didn't mind paying them monthly. T

For me it was worth it, and in one year I went from 500's and no cards, to high 600's and have 10 credit cards and just got approved for 2 amex cards.

• 1 year later...

Ughh..I am using them now. To be fair they did get one thing removed this month (first month with them). They are "challenging" the only items (4) I have left on EQ (the others TU and EX are clean with 4% util). I asked them about freezing equifax and they mentioned it might interrupt what they are trying to do for me and didnt advise it. Also, they cannot get your score. I was thinking for the $99.99 that getting your score would be a good service etc etc but what do I know.

My thoughts are to see what they can get done with EQ since I paid for the month and then get out do the EQ freeze as advised on here and Then apply for some cards that may not pull equifax.

Just my two cents on the LL subject and my situation.

This forum has helped me see some hope..

Thanks

Nick

• Admin

I use LL way back in the day well when I was in my 30s and they did a great job for me. I had a foreclosure and BK and they got it off my credit.My foreclosure was only two years old and I honestly don't remember how old the Bk was when they got it off.It took around 6 months.My experience was good.

Jeepers, why did you post an endorsement of LL in a thread that's over a year old?

LL is not scammers and they do have lawyers there. However, anything they can get off with one dispute, you could have gotten off with one dispute. We call it "low-hanging fruit."

They would pay us big bucks for referring people to them - we won't do it. This is a DIY board, and we believe that what you learn here is way more than how to dispute items on your report. You grow a backbone. You learn not to be anyone's doormat, and that carries over beyond your credit. You will be able to stand up for yourself after you go through the CB graduate school of credit.

When you get a 700+ score, on you own, by your understanding of how credit (and life) works, you have a new self respect and confidence. What you learn here, on your own, will transform your life.

There are many things you cannot control, and after CB you may encounter more difficulties, both life and credit challenges; but, you will never be overwhelmed again. You will see trouble coming and you won't hide from it, you'll know what to do. And you can always come back for more knowledge and support - without spending more money.

I am a newbie and I am going through the board as much as I can and as far back as possible.I ran across the post and the question was whats your take on LL so I posted .If I would have posted it was bad would you have responded to my post.I needed them then but now I have CB .And as one person stated they just didnt have time to write the letters and stay up on in.I now have a family member who is retire and they are helping me with the help of CB.Have a fantastic friday.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I use LL way back in the day well when I was in my 30s and they did a great job for me. I had a foreclosure and BK and they got it off my credit.My foreclosure was only two years old and I honestly don't remember how old the Bk was when they got it off.It took around 6 months.My experience was good.

Jeepers, why did you post an endorsement of LL in a thread that's over a year old?

LL is not scammers and they do have lawyers there. However, anything they can get off with one dispute, you could have gotten off with one dispute. We call it "low-hanging fruit."

They would pay us big bucks for referring people to them - we won't do it. This is a DIY board, and we believe that what you learn here is way more than how to dispute items on your report. You grow a backbone. You learn not to be anyone's doormat, and that carries over beyond your credit. You will be able to stand up for yourself after you go through the CB graduate school of credit.

When you get a 700+ score, on you own, by your understanding of how credit (and life) works, you have a new self respect and confidence. What you learn here, on your own, will transform your life.

There are many things you cannot control, and after CB you may encounter more difficulties, both life and credit challenges; but, you will never be overwhelmed again. You will see trouble coming and you won't hide from it, you'll know what to do. And you can always come back for more knowledge and support - without spending more money.

Mom needs 100 billion reputation for this post!!!

I am a newbie and I am going through the board as much as I can and as far back as possible.I ran across the post and the question was whats your take on LL so I posted .If I would have posted it was bad would you have responded to my post.I needed them then but now I have CB .And as one person stated they just didnt have time to write the letters and stay up on in.I now have a family member who is retire and they are helping me with the help of CB.Have a fantastic friday.

Coffee don't take this as Breeze putting you down. She wants to ensure any other newbies stumbling upon this thread sees that even though you had an ok experience with LL, we here can do everything they do and WAY more for free. I am glad you are here and reading everything you can and (hopefully) learning!!! :wave:

Edited by VintageWillow
  • Admin

No hard feelings - It's about impossible to offend me, I'm old, and I sold insurance. :rofl:

VW is correct - I usually post in threads like this if I see them - and I was in the back room approving new posts, and saw georgia responding to a thread about LL. I didn't recall seeing a recent thread on LL so I looked at the dates, and saw the break in time, and kinda wondered why.

It's not personal, and I'm not tracking anything, I just don't want people to come here looking for help, and the first thing they see is a CBer posting about how LL helped them, so they leave and hire LL. :D

Yes ma'am I do understand your point and I do clearly understand now.I have a question I hope you all can help me .Just a last week my EQ was 674 and now its 577 because of a old cell phone bill for 400 I'm so sad what should I do help me?

To get questions answered to a problem with your own report, it is generally advised to start your own thread, so that your questions don't get lost in the topic at hand. Many people find it helpful to start a credit repair journey thread so that they can keep all their information in one place and find it more easily :good:

That said, we would need a little more info to tackle the collection. What was the DOFD? Does the Cell company still own the debt, or is it being reported by a JDB? Is it just on EQ? Where are you getting your reports/scores?

Yes ma'am I do understand your point and I do clearly understand now.I have a question I hope you all can help me .Just a last week my EQ was 674 and now its 577 because of a old cell phone bill for 400 I'm so sad what should I do help me?

To get questions answered to a problem with your own report, it is generally advised to start your own thread, so that your questions don't get lost in the topic at hand. Many people find it helpful to start a credit repair journey thread so that they can keep all their information in one place and find it more easily :good:

That said, we would need a little more info to tackle the collection. What was the DOFD? Does the Cell company still own the debt, or is it being reported by a JDB? Is it just on EQ? Where are you getting your reports/scores?

Vintage Willow im going to start a new thread right now with the answer to your questions .Thank you

The last post in this topic was posted 2070 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.