Amex Blacklisted from 20 years ago BK

nyny12

The last post in this topic was posted 3495 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi

new the forum, i been reading alot of posts and really help me, so i wanted to share back.thanks to you all for the help

i app for amex 11-4 after 20 years of not having the card, i said let try for the amex blue.pulled ex. i called recon they said since you had a card and it was in your bk you can not get one. i said after 20 years i cant come back the rep said no, i called again two hours later same answer, i was blown away.

the same day i went for the barclays arrival got the message will let you know 7-10 days, i called recon they asked a few questions,approved 5,000 pulled trans

i went also for the discover it card approved 800.00 pulled EQ,

so i said let me try one more pulled the trigger went for the apple barclays card 1000 pulled EX

fico -710

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they make the payment, do they risk the account being reported to the credit bureaus as paid late? I wouldn't risk it.

There are always Amex cards issued by banks and the Bluebird card. While not really a true Amex credit card, but better than nothing.

Edited by Burgerwars

If they make the payment, do they risk the account being reported to the credit bureaus as paid late? I wouldn't risk it.

There are always Amex cards issued by banks and the Bluebird card. Not really a true Amex card, but better than nothing.

The can only report negative info on your credit for 7 years from DOFD.

There are always Amex cards issued by banks and the Bluebird card. Not really a true Amex card, but better than nothing.

The can only report negative info on your credit for 7 years from DOFD.

Ok. I worry about creditors resetting the clock if they sneak you into making a payment on an account from years ago.

I'm in the same situation OP, only my BK was 15 years ago. Anyway now I'm determined to get back in with them, not sure why just want the challenge I guess. So last Friday I wrote a long, detailed letter to the Chairman/CEO, CFO and several high lever VP's. Now it's a waiting game

I'm in the same situation OP, only my BK was 15 years ago. Anyway now I'm determined to get back in with them, not sure why just want the challenge I guess. So last Friday I wrote a long, detailed letter to the Chairman/CEO, CFO and several high lever VP's. Now it's a waiting game

Have you tried applying recently?

If you are still on the BL, there won't be an inquiry, so it's easy to tell.

Have you tried applying recently?

If you are still on the BL, there won't be an inquiry, so it's easy to tell.

Yes and yes on BL as no pull.

You might get an offer for the Oasis program. You never know.

Of course that would mean paying off the old accounts.

Don't want them that bad, lol!

You certainly don't need them for backdating to help your scores. :lol:

Fortunately, I never burned Amex, but I never paid any of my charged off accounts. BOA reminded me of that when I was trying to recon a higher limit on my Fidelity Amex approval, and that was 8 years ago.

FWIW, I was able to get an AU Amex in 2013 even though I had IIB an Amex card in 1994. I'm hoping that means I have a chance at my own Amex once my reports are clean.

I've got several Amex HP(s) as I've tried to get a new card over the last few years.

FWIW, I was able to get an AU Amex in 2013 even though I had IIB an Amex card in 1994. I'm hoping that means I have a chance at my own Amex once my reports are clean.

I've got several Amex HP(s) as I've tried to get a new card over the last few years.

Then you aren't on the BL. :good:

Then you aren't on the BL. :good:

Pure speculation, but perhaps my getting an Amex corporate card guaranteed by my company (Amex wouldn't otherwise approve it) around 2004 is the reason I'm off the list.

The last post in this topic was posted 3495 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.