Citi CLI !!!!

DAR77

The last post in this topic was posted 3016 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ive was approved for the citi world elite card for about 2 years with a 5k limit. About a year ago when i was actively working on my credit i tried for a CLI, denied. I thought i was on CITI black list for a old BK and somehow squeeked through a approvel via a banking relationship. Yesterday, feeling the need to get some more 5 digit CLs i requested a approval. Got a notice and email stating

Credit Limit Increase Requested
A credit limit increase was requested on November 1, 2014. We’ll contact you with a decision soon.

later last night

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $10000 and is already available for your use.

Makes wish i asked for higher !

Thaks all here at CB !

I do have a question, at what point does higher limits with low util hurt you. Bedore this CLI DCU denied me for "to much available credit" if you have say a 1% util and add CLIs does that help your FICO greatly ?

That is wonderful- did you get a HP on Ex? also, why did you think that you were blacklisted?

No, no indication of a HP, EX isnt frozen yet. They were IIB years ago so i have read they black list . Also fom my 1st CLI denial i called for a recon the rep said no and i asked why, she said you have a unsatasfactory account, but then said she doesnt have any details. I belive the letter at the time said the same thing.

WHOA ! i forgot all about that when i CLId last night, if i remembered i may not have tried... :)

That is wonderful- did you get a HP on Ex? also, why did you think that you were blacklisted?

No, no indication of a HP, EX isnt frozen yet. They were IIB years ago so i have read they black list . Also fom my 1st CLI denial i called for a recon the rep said no and i asked why, she said you have a unsatasfactory account, but then said she doesnt have any details. I belive the letter at the time said the same thing.

WHOA ! i forgot all about that when i CLId last night, if i remembered i may not have tried... :)

I see a inq on EX fro CNBA i dont think its related to the Citi Card, i think its related to my Home Depot Card, that was lowered years ago when i missed a payment to 600 CL. :)

I should know more tomorrow.

D

Ive was approved for the citi world elite card for about 2 years with a 5k limit. About a year ago when i was actively working on my credit i tried for a CLI, denied. I thought i was on CITI black list for a old BK and somehow squeeked through a approvel via a banking relationship. Yesterday, feeling the need to get some more 5 digit CLs i requested a approval. Got a notice and email stating

Credit Limit Increase Requested

A credit limit increase was requested on November 1, 2014. We’ll contact you with a decision soon.

later last night

Congratulations! We are pleased to approve your request for a higher credit limit on your account. Your new credit limit is $10000 and is already available for your use.

Makes wish i asked for higher !

Thaks all here at CB !

I do have a question, at what point does higher limits with low util hurt you. Bedore this CLI DCU denied me for "to much available credit" if you have say a 1% util and add CLIs does that help your FICO greatly ?

Congrats.

When you have a lot of available credit there are always those lenders who feel threatened or, more likely, unloved. The trick is to learn who those amateurs are and not to waste time with them or, if you really need them, try to find a way around their concerns. Sometimes it not the available credit per se, but the related income.

The good news is that the best lenders don't mind CPs.

I'm not sure if it helps your FICO other than with utilization. I know folks with far fewer accounts than I that also have great credit scores.

And for my finaly update, i think the EX INQ was for a CLI for my Home Depot account not my Citi world card. opened the card 12 years ago had a 1200 limit they CLD me to 600 asked for 10k. After 2 calls 2 transferes about a total oh 70min on the phone, anal probe, all sorts of other questions, they approved me.

Ill never use 10k at HD but the account cycles today so wondering if ill get some sort of Fico increase.

Unlikely.

I agree but the 600 CL was killing me.

Now if i finally get the courage to dump my 2 Cap1 cards with 2k limits all my cards will be 5 diget except Lowews which is 7500.

Was a unexpected jum out of the garden. on New Years day my present to myself will be AMEX SPG along with 24 years of backdating

The last post in this topic was posted 3016 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.