MJPEREZ77

The last post in this topic was posted 3019 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Sorry for the redundancy as I know I have seen this topic in a thread before, I just can't seem to find it no matter what I type in the search box. My question is has anyone had any success with 3 apps for Barlcay's on same day or within a few days of each other? I talked to the Recon Dept today a few times and asked quite a few questions regarding app'ing for the US Airways Personal and Business Cards together. I also inquired about app'ing for the Arrival+ as DW only has Arrival. I mentioned I would be willing to close out my curent account (Rewards MC) so I could get the Arrival+ if needed. The 2nd Analyst just recommended that I app for the card(s) I want and call into Recon if needed. Any suggestions on a strategy?

I app'd my cards months apart. I did have 2 Reward MCs and closed one after I moved the credit line to the Arrival ( approved on recon). Barclay is cautious and I wouldn't app for more than one card at the same time.

Mendelssohn did his apps one month apart for 2 of his Barclays, so you don't have to wait as long as I did.

Edited by Losluv

I app'd my cards months apart. I did have 2 Reward MCs and closed one after I moved the credit line to the Arrival ( approved on recon). Barclay is cautious and I wouldn't app for more than one card at the same time.

Mendelssohn did his apps one month apart for 2 of his Barclays, so you don't have to wait as long as I did.

Hmmmmm....that's interesting. It reminds me of how I was able to get another Chase card after two months of getting my first. I really want to know if Barclays is the same way. At this point, I've had mine for about a month now.

Edited by popamode72

I've been told the exact same thing by the BISKs and other knowing persons in a thread recently; only one app at Barclay.

Then, when you have given it some time, app at Barclay again, then ask for CLIs on your all of your existing lines for a sp.

BTW, Ronsetoe should get a title for that.

Edited by ubercat

I've been told the exact same thing by the BISKs and other knowing persons in a thread recently; only one app at Barclay.

Then, when you have given it some time, app at Barclay again, then ask for CLIs on your all of your existing lines for a sp.

Here! Here! Agree wholeheartedly!

FYI it was not a soft pull on my other cards for CLIs when done after my most recent app.

FYI it was not a soft pull on my other cards for CLIs when done after my most recent app.

So you app'd and the hit the luv button on your other cards and got hards for the CLIs? I'm sorry to hear that- I was really looking forward to trying it.

So you app'd and the hit the luv button on your other cards and got hards for the CLIs? I'm sorry to hear that- I was really looking forward to trying it.

Yes. I was prepared for it to happen, so I wasn't upset about it. It was worth a try.

Yes. I was prepared for it to happen, so I wasn't upset about it. It was worth a try.

Bummer:(

That sucks. :(

X2

Same got the Rewards MC in Aug and the Sallie Mae in Oct. Just got approved 3 days ago for the US Airways (15K). Thought last night to give it a go on the Rewards with the LUV button. Got approved for double my previous CL making it now 10K. I'm going to wait till the end of Dec or beginning of Jan and go for at least double on my Sallie Mae which is currently at 7.5K. It did result in a HP for my Rewards to get the increase.

Did you call? I always hit the button for the DW and myself and it has never resulted in another HP. We have done it 5 or 6 different times and never another HP. YMMV

edit..I also do it on the same day

Edited by ronsetoe

Did you call? I always hit the button for the DW and myself and it has never resulted in another HP. We have done it 5 or 6 different times and never another HP. YMMV

Nope, all online. I applied for a card and then hit the CLI on 2 of my other cards.

Nope, all online. I applied for a card and then hit the CLI on 2 of my other cards.

maybe a state thing?? We have never gotten another HP.

Good thing is it was only a TU pull which can go away quickly

maybe a state thing?? We have never gotten another HP.

Good thing is it was only a TU pull which can go away quickly

I was prepared for the worst, which isn't that bad with TU.

Sorry for the redundancy as I know I have seen this topic in a thread before, I just can't seem to find it no matter what I type in the search box. My question is has anyone had any success with 3 apps for Barlcay's on same day or within a few days of each other? I talked to the Recon Dept today a few times and asked quite a few questions regarding app'ing for the US Airways Personal and Business Cards together. I also inquired about app'ing for the Arrival+ as DW only has Arrival. I mentioned I would be willing to close out my curent account (Rewards MC) so I could get the Arrival+ if needed. The 2nd Analyst just recommended that I app for the card(s) I want and call into Recon if needed. Any suggestions on a strategy?

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS, BARCLAY IS VERY STRICT, WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MANY OTHER CARDS. THEY ALWAYS DO A HARD PULL. I DIDN'T ASK FOR CREDIT INCREASE BUT THEY GAVE ME ONE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. MY SCORE TOOK

A HARD HIT. WATCH THEM THEY ARE TRICKY !!!!!!!!!.

A CLI isn't going to hurt your scores.

PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS, BARCLAY IS VERY STRICT, WHEN YOU HAVE TOO MANY OTHER CARDS. THEY ALWAYS DO A HARD PULL. I DIDN'T ASK FOR CREDIT INCREASE BUT THEY GAVE ME ONE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. MY SCORE TOOK

Why are you yelling? I have many, many new cards and currently have 5 of their cards alone.

I think they might be "STRICT" if you have a thin file and not a long history with them.

Your score did not take a hit from a CLI like cv stated. Something else brought it down. good luck

Why are you yelling? I have many, many new cards and currently have 5 of their cards alone.

I think they might be "STRICT" if you have a thin file and not a long history with them.

Your score did not take a hit from a CLI like cv stated. Something else brought it down. good luck

+1

And I'm not complaining about my experience with Barclays. They have given me 4 cards, 3 this year alone, and have been fairly generous with me.

The last post in this topic was posted 3019 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.