amex everyday card CL increase strategy

nkfluellen

The last post in this topic was posted 2794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Use and PIF. Wait until day 61. Make sure it's paid off. Request 3x your limit via online request button. You'll either get it or get a counter offer. Soft pull. Only your EX score matters for Amex. That's not a bad starting limit with those scores. What are your other limits?

FYI, got my first Amex a couple months ago $6600 limit. Got another Amex for $10k two weeks later. Did the 61 day on the first card and got countered at $14,900. My scores are a bit higher, but there's a lot more to a profile than just scores. For a financial institution that has never dealt with you, trusting you with $6500 to play with is a leap of faith. Let us not forget that in our efforts for higher limits :)

FYI, got my first Amex a couple months ago $6600 limit. Got another Amex for $10k two weeks later. Did the 61 day on the first card and got countered at $14,900. My scores are a bit higher, but there's a lot more to a profile than just scores. For a financial institution that has never dealt with you, trusting you with $6500 to play with is a leap of faith. Let us not forget that in our efforts for higher limits :)

Wise words "Thescholar" I will play the 61 day game! I think my EX is 720

Use and PIF. Wait until day 61. Make sure it's paid off. Request 3x your limit via online request button. You'll either get it or get a counter offer. Soft pull. Only your EX score matters for Amex. That's not a bad starting limit with those scores. What are your other limits?

My other card limits are $950 (bestbuy rewardzone), $4500 (Cap one)

Edited by nkfluellen

My score are 690, 701, 720 so I was hoping to get a higher limit. With that being said what is the best strategy to getting my limit increased?

As stated above, it's not just about scores. See if there's anything you can improve while waiting to make the 61st day CLI request.

Edited by takeshi

My score are 690, 701, 720 so I was hoping to get a higher limit. With that being said what is the best strategy to getting my limit increased?

As stated above, it's not just about scores. See if there's anything you can improve while waiting to make the 61st day CLI request.

I'm a newbie so can you please advise what options I can pursue during the 61 days??

I'm a newbie so can you please advise what options I can pursue during the 61 days??

Well, your scores aren't excellent. Why not? I don't mean that in any sort of judgmental way -- (almost) everyone here has been a much lower. But those scores indicate that there is something wrong. If you clean up some of the wrong things, you'll put yourself in a better position. It all depends what they are -- are we talking about nearly obsolete baddies that you can disput off? Is it a late or two that you can GW away? Are you utilizing 30% of your available CLs and not paying in full each month? If you mention your negatives, maybe someone can advise you as to what you can do to improve your chances at a decent CLI.

Well, your scores aren't excellent. Why not? I don't mean that in any sort of judgmental way -- (almost) everyone here has been a much lower. But those scores indicate that there is something wrong. If you clean up some of the wrong things, you'll put yourself in a better position. It all depends what they are -- are we talking about nearly obsolete baddies that you can disput off? Is it a late or two that you can GW away? Are you utilizing 30% of your available CLs and not paying in full each month? If you mention your negatives, maybe someone can advise you as to what you can do to improve your chances at a decent CLI.

High sixes to low sevens isn't "excellent."

High sixes to low sevens isn't "excellent."

Yeah, that's what I said. ??

I do have obsolete baddies; It shows paid in full but it was a collection account back in '12. I have some lates on credit cards back in '09 on credit cards. Haven't been late since and a two lates on student loans in 10 haven't been late since. Besides those I'm not sure why my score is low. My highest utilization for one card is 22% and my total utilization with my new amex drop me down to 9%. Where can I get a good GW letter?

Hi everyone!

I'm excited because I was approved for first AMEX (Everyday Card) but my limit was only for $6500. My score are 690, 701, 720 so I was hoping to get a higher limit. With that being said what is the best strategy to getting my limit increased?

Consider yourself lucky, I only got $2000 and have been stuck at that for awhile. My scores are about what yours are and no baddies. Just not a lot of age.... several new cards this year, has brought my average age down.

With that said, I try to not obsess over it. I have a Costco Amex and have $6500 on that one. I have better rewards cards than my Amex.... I just did the Everyday because they gave me a 10k point boost when I spent $500 over a 6 month period of time.

I requested my original CLI within 1 month of opening the account, it was a 50% increase. I was told I have to wait 6 months from that day for my next one? (I'll make sure its 3x)

I also don't use it much since I have the Gold Rewards so should I just leave it open, apply for a new amex cc or product change to something else? My D* goes back 8 years.

Edited by rel

+1

+1

what does "+1" mean?

Or you will be denied a 61d cli... They're kinda fickle. With a low 700s a starting limit of 6500 is pretty fair of them, if not down-right decent.

Hi everyone!

I'm excited because I was approved for first AMEX (Everyday Card) but my limit was only for $6500. My score are 690, 701, 720 so I was hoping to get a higher limit. With that being said what is the best strategy to getting my limit increased?

That's not a bad limit...Your income must have been a factor there.

I got an ED back in August with a $1,500 Limit with an EX FICO of 674 with a personal income of nearly 30x, reported income (spouse) 50x.

Got denied my 61 Day CLI bc my BSP got CLI in July from $7,000 to $12,000.

Hi everyone!

That's not a bad limit...Your income must have been a factor there.

I got an ED back in August with a $1,500 Limit with an EX FICO of 674 with a personal income of nearly 30x, reported income (spouse) 50x.

Got denied my 61 Day CLI bc my BSP got CLI in July from $7,000 to $12,000.

Thanks for the insight, I'm working to clear up some baddies on my report. I had 3 duplicate TL reporting lates :( Also working on removing a CA

• 7 months later...

That's good to remember I just got approved for $10k with FAKO's (CK) TU 683 and EQ 682

Last baddie was 2012 on a student loan so no way to change that until it falls off. Nothing else on my report, this is my first prime card and the highest limit I have.

That's good to remember I just got approved for $10k with FAKO's (CK) TU 683 and EQ 682

Last baddie was 2012 on a student loan so no way to change that until it falls off. Nothing else on my report, this is my first prime card and the highest limit I have.

Why didn't you ask them your EX FICO?

I got my 3x increase before 61 days on my JetBlue card. Used to get the max bonus for miles PIF. Online request approved. My EX was showing a judgement, a CO and a CA when I was approved. All three are now off. Going to go for another 3x on that card in August. Amex wouldn't give me another revolver aside from a toy limit Costco card but did give me a PRG about a month ago. Since I have a ton of new accounts I'm just basically letting things age and playing the CLI game.

The last post in this topic was posted 2794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.