Sign in to follow this  
david_weaver

Marriott 70,000 Bonus Points is back!

Marriott is again running their 70,000 point bonus promo if you sign up for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier card. You only need to spend $2,000 the first 3 months.

The typical bonus is 50,000.

A a card-member, you get a certificate for 1 free night every year. Typical rooms at their mid-level brands are 15,000-25,000 points, so in addition to the free night, the 70,000 points will give you another 3-4 free nights. You just have to look on a case by case basis. Many of the modest brands like Town Place, Spring Hill, or Fairfield can be had for 7,500-10,000 points per night, so 70,000 points would earn you a week or more.

One travel site estimates Marriott Reward points are worth a penny each. That would make this deal worth $700, plus the certificate for 1 free night.

The only drawbacks I can think of is that Chase is not the most generous in the game with CLIs, and CLI requests are typically hard pulls. Also, there is no annual fee the first year, but $85 thereafter.

Do you have a link to this offer?

I don't see it at marriott.com nor at chase.com.

There is, though, a 70K offer after $1000 spend still showing at flyertalk.com.

I wish there was a way to apply for this card with 70K points from the preapproval link. The preApproval link only has 50K points on it.

I applied for mine this time last year, and it was still good when a friend applied around Thanksgiving, so I would think at least a month or more.

Wow, sorry. I got it as a pop-up when I was looking to book a room. As I already had the card, it never occurred to me to click the link. According to the landing page from the link, one needs to be at least a Silver Elite Member (10 rooms in the last year). So apologies to those ineligible. For those Silver and above though, still an extra 20,000 points if you do not already have the card.

It's nice that Marriott Elite members get 20k extra points but since it's not from the Chase pre-qualification page its likely EX pull, right?

For some that might be worth the EX pull. :)

I stayed at a JW Marriott property last week, and there were brochures in the room for this deal (and I'm not an elite member). I *think* I remember seeing the same offer in the flight magazine (except it had a 9/30 expiration). Maybe contact Marriott directly?

Edited by JeffeVerde

We have been receiving the 70K bonus point offer for a new credit card in the mail - both US Post Office & email - about once a month for the last 2 years. I keep waiting for a 100K offer (although not sure if it will ever happen) before I pull the trigger. :grin: