Sign in to follow this  
MistralsDaughter

Anchors Aweigh, Boys! - I just joined NFCU

I am the newest girl in navy blue!

Totally giddy. I read so many great things about NFCU here.

Just got off the phone with the recruiter's office which is open 24/7.

My mom is a DoD civilian at Vandenburg.

How long to wait until I should apply for a CC or CLOC? And which one(s)?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance!

NOW ...CashRewards or Flagship (sign up bonus) and the Cloc

To avoid the dreaded "security" team, it may be in your best interest to have mom join. It seems to always be best to join through an active member. Or, you may never hear a word about it. YMMV

You will love NFCU.

Thanks everyone!

I set up my account and logged in this morning.

NOW ...CashRewards or Flagship (sign up bonus) and the Cloc

Thanks. I like the idea of extra points.

To avoid the dreaded "security" team, it may be in your best interest to have mom join. It seems to always be best to join through an active member. Or, you may never hear a word about it. YMMV

You will love NFCU.

I will see if she does indeed already have a relationship with NFCU. All I had to do was state her name and they found her right away in their systems.

Congrats...smart move. Any pre-approved offers showing?

There was a preapproval for Cash Rewards but I want to app for the Flagship with 40k bonus points.

Should I just go for CR or get app for what I really want?

I got a welcome email already. Still walking on sunshine. But it's usually like that where I live.

Thanks again for all the best wishes and recommendations.

If you want the Flagship, go for it.

I got one hard on TU for membership plus one hard each on EQ and TU when I app'd the cash rewards pre-approval I had.

Congrats again!

CONGRATS!

Anyone know how tough NFCU is on COs? I just app'd for the flagship with a FICO TU around 655, but I have 5 paid COs from 4 years ago. Got the 'under review' response 3 days ago, little worried. Heard they aren't too keen on multiple derogs...

CONGRATS!

Anyone know how tough NFCU is on COs? I just app'd for the flagship with a FICO TU around 655, but I have 5 paid COs from 4 years ago. Got the 'under review' response 3 days ago, little worried. Heard they aren't too keen on multiple derogs...

According to my report I have 55 derog(mostly med at this point) and 2 judgements and they gave me 6k the same day I opened a 500 secured with them

CONGRATS!

According to my report I have 55 derog(mostly med at this point) and 2 judgements and they gave me 6k the same day I opened a 500 secured with them

Congrats to you too! thats encouraging. If one is not approved for unsecured will NFCU offer a secured under the same app or will one have to reapply?

My Grandpa served in the Navy in WWII - think NFCU would let me join with that connection? :D

If he retired you can get in. Thats how I got in last year, retired navy now deceased and a member in the 90's. Used his social and name to join.

You mean like retired after a lifelong career? Because I think he just did a hitch in the 40's; (am sure he was honorably discharged).

He died in 1980; I never knew him well. :(

Retired status from what I understand will get you in. not discharged. Also if he was ever a member that helps. Just call and talk to them, have some type of identifying info for him like a ss# or old addrrsses. . Good luck