Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Keeping Macy's Active with Starbucks!

The last post in this topic was posted 2238 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

If you have difficulty finding an affordable way to keep your Macy's card active...

The closest Macy's to me now has a Starbucks location inside of it. It has a full menu, including hot items, unlike the grocery store kiosks. You can reload your Starbucks Card and pay for the reload using your Macy's Card. In other words, you're buying gift card credit using your department store card.

In addition, you can now turn around and use your Starbucks card there to earn Stars. Previously, you could not earn Stars inside department store locations, but this has been fixed. However, you cannot redeem rewards at these locations.

Of course, you could also just buy coffee, tea, or a snack directly with your Macy's Card, but that's less rewarding...but it's tastier than the infamous bottle of water or godiva chocolate bar some use.

Edited by Shigeru

I haven't used my Macy's card in years.

It's still open.

I don't know many store cards that close for inactivity.

My Walmart store card did, like a week ago. :lol:

I didn't care now that I can get the score from Discover and Barclay.

I haven't used my Macy's card in years.

It's still open.

My Amazon Store Card got closed after 2 years of inactivity. CLD after 1 year and completely closed after 2 years.

One of my 3 Macy's was recently closed for non-useage. It had been 13 months since last use. It was a 20 yr old TL.

One of my 3 Macy's was recently closed for non-useage. It had been 13 months since last use. It was a 20 yr old TL.

We just bought some crap from Macy's today, and paid with the store account I keep threatening to close. It saved us 20% off of a hundred and something.

They had to look up my account, of course, because I don't carry the damn card around with me.

Macys closed by card, and although I do shop there, I don't want to waste an EX pull on Macys (I had one, CO'd, paid) and I'll just wait for a sale where everyone gets same discount before I do any real shopping.

If you have difficulty finding an affordable way to keep your Macy's card active...

The closest Macy's to me now has a Starbucks location inside of it. It has a full menu, including hot items, unlike the grocery store kiosks. You can reload your Starbucks Card and pay for the reload using your Macy's Card. In other words, you're buying gift card credit using your department store card.

In addition, you can now turn around and use your Starbucks card there to earn Stars. Previously, you could not earn Stars inside department store locations, but this has been fixed. However, you cannot redeem rewards at these locations.

Of course, you could also just buy coffee, tea, or a snack directly with your Macy's Card, but that's less rewarding...but it's tastier than the infamous bottle of water or godiva chocolate bar some use.

I wonder how long it will be before JC Penney opens up a Sbarro inside it's fine jewelry department.

The last post in this topic was posted 2238 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MJPEREZ77
      Fellow CBers:

I am in need of advice. I was just going through our Macy's account and noticed that I have a revolving balance greater than what I expected. I just charged $250 for the DW's Bday present and was preparing to PIF when I saw that they are reporting we have a balance of $800+. Now I do have a Special Event Purchase that doesn't report to Bureaus and will be PIF by due date 1/15/15 to avoid interest and every month Macy's takes the minimum pmt and disperses it between the Revolving (if there is a balance) and Special Event. I in turn make an additional second payment (as we had problems in the past making one large lump sum payment and not having it applied as we were told it would be) to pay down the Revolving. DW carried a balance for 3 months, which is 1 month longer than it should have been based on the payment I made. Is there any recourse I can take with Macy's as I have been told repeatedly that ANY extra payment will be applied towards the balance being charged interest and NOT the interest free purchase account. I.E. is there any part of the Consumer Protection Act or FCRA that may apply to this situation?

Thanks
    • By MJPEREZ77
      Being that I don't wear Revival Jeans, I am hoping if anyone can chime in on whether or not ANY of these "Higher end" store cards are worth it to get. They all have a Private or Co-branded product that you can PC to or apply for, I saw one poster saying their Nordstrom's Card (Visa Siggy) is at $55k, WOW!!!! Obviously not the norm, but I am sure there has to be some logic or advantage for some people, in acquiring or app'ing for these products. Obviously, if any were SYNC backed, I'd be all over it, lol. But I am hoping I can get your opinions on the matter. As always, thanks CB!!!
    • By NTB
      Check this out. I applied for a new Macy's account while trying to remove 6 old lates from them on another account. That worked and I let the dust settle in regards to Macy's and my CRs. So today, I tried to make a purchase online at Macy's, but my card didn't work. When I received my new card I was notified that my CL was $400 and that my old account had been closed.

I started with the online chat explaining that I was being declined on a small purchase with my new card. Macy's called me a few moments later and told me that they needed to activate my account. Then the nice young girl told me that I had a CL of $800. WOW! What a friend. But I was already prepared for this.

I told the CSR that I had been looking at a sectional and it was on sale for $2000K and would it be possible to make this happen today. She put me on hold. Then she came back on the phone and said that I now had a CL of $2500K. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I make myself laugh. Now for a drink in celebration.

*insert sound of Grey Goose being poured over ice*
    • By NTB
      Macy's had two 30 day lates on all 3 of my CRs. Almost 2 months ago, I wrote to Macy's with a DV style letter asking them to verify/validate the lates. After a month, I got impatient and wrote to all 3 CRAs with an enclosed copy of my letter to Macy's along with the certified mail receipt. I simply stated that Macy's hadn't responded to my letter.

While on the phone with an EX CSR last week, it asked her to delete the lates from Macy's because I felt they were obsolete. She denied me by stating that they had more than a year left. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Now during this time, I have opened a new Macy's account and Macy's has closed my old account. However, I have left the new account dormant so that it doesn't show on my CRs.

This morning I checked my EQ CR and Macy's trade lines have been deleted. Just waiting on TU and EX to follow suit. If TU and EX end up not deleting my lates from Macy's, do you think that I could dispute by sending in a copy of my new account with a copy of my new card stating that the old Macy's account is not mine?

P.S. Macy's eventually answered my letter stating that the lates had been verified as correct. BAHAHA!!!! Of course they verified.
    • By RayRay1819
      Does anyone have a copy of a settlement letter from macys they could send me?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    aferr1981
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines