Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

USAA report and B*

The last post in this topic was posted 2238 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

the last two inquiries shown on this report have long been B* from Equifax Complete. Does USAA not report updated Inquiries (hard) on a timely basis or do I have a problem? and it doesn't show a legit HI from Oct. 9th... May I assume that USAA is not at its finest on the latest and greates of HI reporting? Also, it is showing a CA that was removed almost immediately as the entry was in error... but it is still zinging my experian score...it is dated 9/15 and was removed by CA almost immediately after call from my lawyer...

Alert Date 09/06/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Inquiry Date 09/04/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 Business Name NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Inquiry Date 08/11/2014 Alert Date 08/31/2014 THIS HAS BEEN BUMPED Business Name PENTAGON FCU Inquiry Date 07/26/2014

The CA may be gone but its removal has not bumped my score back up an inch on EX...

54 points... that really hurts. I would be in 700's on Ex (just got into 700's on Eq) if that was fixed.

I called into my special handler at Ex and she sent a new credit report to Fico to make sure it was refactored.

Nothing yet...I am bereft. I am grieving for my lost accomplishment.

The CA may be gone but its removal has not bumped my score back up an inch on EX...

54 points... that really hurts. I would be in 700's on Ex (just got into 700's on Eq) if that was fixed.

I called into my special handler at Ex and she sent a new credit report to Fico to make sure it was refactored.

Nothing yet...I am bereft. I am grieving for my lost accomplishment.

I'm confused. Are you basing this on your USAA FAKO?

The CRAs don't send reports to FICO. FICO pulls information from the CRAs when they are generating a score.

no, my Experian FICO went down 54 points with the "new" CA. It seems only reported to EX.

and, of course, it is still reporting on USAA..as a derogatory account. it has not updated since 9/15.

But I suspect that the Fico scoring based the Experian imput is evidenced by it still being on USAA and not updated.

I just wonder how long it will take for its removal to boost my score back up. I am hoping a few days.

Ex score is still too rocky to count on it for anything. It seems unstable.

I also wonder if an OC re-affirms a listing (Chargeoff/ spring '09) if I 623 it if it will ding my score.

All baddies excpet mortgage issue are off my EQ and TU. TU is in process of B*.

All three CRAs have yet to report new AmEx PRG and new unsecured Navy.

I am hoping that that will bump everything a bit in an upwards direction.

Experian seems to be a bellweather for bad stuff for me. A lot going on with new credit, the mortgage which just re-reported, and that pesky CA.

Next week will be improved, I hope. That is one reason I am holding off on two AmEx R/Cs...

Edited by mizliz1011

FICO scores are real-time snapshots.

any changes are reflected immediately

upon generation of a new score.

thanks, so if they got new info it should have gone back up something fishy is going on here. it needs to re-report as GONE baby Gone.

can your Fico chance from hour to hour?

Edited by mizliz1011

I have pulled one as I have a daily pull service for three months. That was how I knew that it happened. It is not gone. I am going to pull a full report but have to unfreeze my Ex...

I have pulled one as I have a daily pull service for three months. That was how I knew that it happened. It is not gone. I am going to pull a full report but have to unfreeze my Ex...

Just curious, and this may have been covered in the myfico 3 thread. Can you get accurate score updates if your EX is frozen? Perhaps that is the issue. :dntknw:

The last post in this topic was posted 2238 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Aahz
      So, when I signed up for MyFICO recently I didn't actually read , so didn't realize I'd only be getting one 3-in-1 report per year. Not acceptable, but totally on me

So, I poke around CB per usual when I have a credit related question and eventually stumble across BW's Master How to Sign up for USAA CreditCheck Monitoring Premium (CCMP) Thread. Cool.

I follow along his steps and, after entering my SSN the site returns a message asking me to confirm that I am [NAME REDACTED]. Now here's the "funny" part - the name they showed was my birth name, which I haven't used (and hasn't been on my Social Security card, credit reports or ANYthing else) in over two decades!

Clearly, I think, they're connecting to some bizarre, totally outdated database. But I soldier on (so to speak), confirming that I am, indeed this person and managed to get signed up.

After checking out my reports and learning my way around the CCMP site I return to the USAA site and notice that I actually entered my address wrong. So, I go to change it and, after entering the correct info and clicking next, the site informs me that it can't change info for MY MOTHER because we live at a different addresses. Now, I haven't spoken to my mother almost a decade and I certainly didn't enter her name anywhere at USAA or CCMP, (other than her maiden name as requested, but the name they posted back to me was her (third) married name) so I'm compleely flumoxed.

I poke around a little more and it seems I not only signed up for CCMP, but also managed to join USAA, which I thought was impossible for me. My father was in the Air Force and the Navy, but I haven't spoken him since the day I graduated from high school in 1987, so I would have no idea any of his relevant required info. My maternal grandfather was also in the Navy, but he died over 20 years ago, so again, I have no access to his info.

Yet, alas, I've somehow not only (literally) stumbled into USAA membership, but my account has somehow been created under a name that is no longer legally mine and been connected to my estranged mother's account.

DO things get any more bizarre?
    • By Quietman
      Well, one more step for the DW. Approved for $16K on their Rate Advantage Platinum MasterCard, HP on EQ.

Her Scores:

Exp : 789
      TU : 798
      Eq : 806

Over the last twelve days, she's scored:

AMEX EDC - $9,400 to $28,200
      NFCU Flagship - $10,000
      NASA Visa - $13,000
      BECU - $25,000
      BOA - $8,200 > $16,400
      USAA - $16,000

For a total of $91,000 in new credit!

I think this evening she'll apply for a second NFCU and a Citi card, then off to the garden!

• By Menta33
      My DW seems to have been dropped from the Equifax Choppage block. She was not chopped in September, and now again not chopped in October. Presently, she is pulling both EIDT and Alert Plus and just B* today an inquiry dated 9/23/14 on her second pull of the day which makes sense being around 42.5 days ago.

Has anyone else had the experience of getting off the choppage list? Should she stop pulling twice a day and go down to just one puller, EIDT? She did back door twice in September to confirm no choppage, but has not since.
    • By Menta33
      I have been getting a CreditKarma update weekly for a while now, just by logging in, and a week after my last update it would automatically just repopulate with a new report.

Today, I should have gotten an update, my last one was Oct 15, but the website is different and there is not the usual wording on the landing page like this (still showing for my DW):

Any ideas what might be going on here? Anyone else seeing this issue?

I also notice that my DW's login landing page is: https://www.creditkarma.com/dashboard whereas mine is now: https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/score and manually going to dashboard URL just brings me back to score URL again.
    • By I don't even...
      Has any one else noticed CCMP's questionable math? I get that they are counting all revolving accounts as both Retail and Bank cards, but how does 5+1=7 or 1+4=6? Any ideas? Any one else with similar results?

Edit: grammar &c.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Climaxxll
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines