Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Chase screw up. Total waste of time.......

The last post in this topic was posted 2235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My last CLI spree around September 22-24 resulted in CLI's on 4 or 5 cards but got the 7-10 day notice from CHASE. After I got the letter I recon'ed it.

They totally screwed me up by doing this.

Got a secure message from them early today saying "Per your request" we have decreased your Credit Limit :cry2:

Got on the phone with them and had to tell my story to 3 different CSR's and literally waited on the phone with them for over 45 minutes just to get my Credit Limit back to what it WAS because they screwed up.

Telling them I NEVER requested a CLD and that THEY made the mistake on their end.

But what really angers me is that they pulled another Hard Inq just to get my CL back to the original limit.

Totally unprofessional.

Only good thing is that I had EX frozen so they couldn't screw me with an EX pull.

I won't be asking for a CLI from these guys for a LONG time.

FUNNY Thing is that I just got 2 pre-approvals for a Slate and a Sapphire card from them in the mail yesterday. WTH :glare: Should have just applied and then moved the limits around.

Sorry, that really stinks!!!

Never CLI with Chase.

Always app a new card and move CL.

I got a $500 limit increased to $3,500 with Chase EO. So it is not always a waste of time.

Edited by tammylj

Should have called the EO after the error was made.

Never waste your time with front level CSRs.

Never CLI with Chase.

My wife just received a $7k CLI from sending a message requesting a CLI.

Super easy process, we also migrated credit lines around using it too.

Never CLI with Chase.

I got a $500 limit increased to $3,500 with Chase EO. So it is not always a waste of time.

I guess it depends.

Most think the infamous Discovery $500 hard pull CLI sucks.

Never CLI with Chase.

I guess it depends.

I think you may have read that wrong. I got a $3,000 increase. $500 was my initial limit.

And yes, the Discover $500 increase does suck. Just experienced that myself. Never again.

Edited by tammylj

Never CLI with Chase.

I guess it depends.

I think you may have read that wrong. I got a $3,000 increase. $500 was my initial limit.

And yes, the Discover $500 increase does suck. Just experienced that myself. Never again.

You are right. I did read that wrong. Sorry about that!

Yeah, Discovery for $500 sucks. :)

Never CLI with Chase.

I guess it depends.

No worries! I know a CLI like that from Chase is not the norm, but it does happen.

After that $500 HP CLI happened to me I understood the Discover bashing around here. I think I even joined in once or twice. Lol

:)

Never CLI with Chase.

I guess it depends.

No worries! I know a CLI like that from Chase is not the norm, but it does happen.

After that $500 HP CLI happened to me I understood the Discover bashing around here. I think I even joined in once or twice. Lol

:)

I used to think CV was psycho for bashing Discovery so much ... until I got the $500 hard pull.

There's a fine line between psycho and genius. Now I realize CV is a genius. :)

Chase = Amateurs!

I know they don't need me white knighting them but...

Chase is by far my favorite banking relationship we have. I find far more amateurs in credit unions.

The last post in this topic was posted 2235 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Shane
      On my way to Atlanta yesterday I got a text. I was suspicious
      When I got home I checked out online banking, nothing
      I then checked my email, email from Chase Fraud
      I clicked the link in the email, page error
      I called today.

Actual card was used to purchase $200 at a dollar store in Columbia SC. Chase said it was in in store purchase so someone had replicated my card.

My Freedom card was used at Home Depot and Target.

New account
      One more TL

This is the 2nd CC of mine to get hacked in the last 2.5 years.
    • By bunyan
      Hello,

I already had one $5000 Cash Rewards Visa with BofA and a $300 limit Signature Visa as well. The $300 Visa was open since 2007. The $5000 limit one has been open since 2011. I also have a $2500 Amazon store card since about 2011 and a Capital One Quicksilver Visa with an $800 limit, and a Capital One Platinum MasterCard with a $700 limit. Have had both of those since 2010. The $5000 BofA Cash Rewards card, Amazon Store Card, and both Capital One cards have all been as the limit since last summer. I never had any late payments. I have had my checking account with BofA since 2007. I also have a business account with BofA. No Money Market amounts or anything like that with them. My Experian score is 726 (That's who they pulled)

I was in the branch on Monday and the teller said I had a Credit Card offer. So I sat down with the representative, and had him put in an application for another Cash Rewards Visa with a $5000 limit. That was instantly approved and I got the credit card in the mail yesterday. So today I'm at work and decide to call in and do a balance transfer from my other cards to my new card. While I'm talking to the CSR I ask if he thinks I can get a CLI to 10 or 15 grand. He said he thinks I can and maybe they won't even do another inquiry since I just got this card yesterday. I said ok go for it. 15 grand. He doesn't get an immediate answer back and says I should hear something in the next 3 days. This was around 1PM today. I check my account at 4 and I see my limit is up to $15000 on my new card. Wooo hooo! The CSR also said that I can get a cash advance for up to my maximum credit line at 0% until April of 2016. Fees are 3%. He already had approved me for $4800 (Since my initial credit limit on the new card was only $5000) but said once I get my CLI just call him back and he can give me more.

I'll be calling him Friday! Lol I'm gonna put all my other card balances on here so I can get the 0%. They'll be paid off well before then.
    • By CreditLuv
      Since I've seen the light from this board and MyFico.com I now understand that to really help your chances in the future to increase one's current credit line limits it's best to try to run as much through your CC's as possible everyday instead of just using your bank debit card, cash or writing checks.

One poster on this board or Myfico (i forgot which one( stated he was running $10-$15K a month on a $5K limit card using this strategy without the cash advances though I think.

My question is two fold.

To help with mass usage of my credit cards (on all my personal and different businesses I own for day to day, monthly and yearly expenses) will CASH ADVANCES help or hurt me in the eyes of the credit card companies in regards to helping me increase my credit limits? Basically do CC companies see someone that takes cash advances differently then someone that spends the exact same amount on some product or service?

Like they're in need of the cash and more of a risk to them. For example instead of paying a contractor for work they do for you with a check you could pay them in cash through a CC cash advance. Yes, you'd get hit with a 2-3% fee. But you would get to run more transactions through your credit cards and thus in theory you would use your CC's more instead of just for purchases of products or services.

Again from everything I've read, besides keeping your CC at a zero balance and then leave $2 on one card every month. For maximum chances to increase your credit lines the more transactions the CC companies see you do every month the more likely they are in the future to give you a CLI but also a bigger one correct?

Please chime in with your first hand experiences with this.

Thanks so much.

I'm finally finalizing my Christmas Breaking Bad marathon (watching Season 5 episode 12) so all his cash has got me thinking cash!

• By Rjbstl
      Back in 2010 I filed ch 13 bankruptcy, converted to 7 in 2011 and discharged in Jan 2012. House was included and I never reaffirmed or paid the mortgage..stayed in home paying taxes and insurance waiting for them to foreclose. EMC and Chase sold the servicing to realtime resolutions. Debt for home was discharged and shows on report as included in bankruptcy. Last spring I recieved a lien release for 2nd mortgage and now yesterday I recieved a lien release for my first mortgage from Chase. Since the debt was discharged, did the bank just give me a house?
    • By MJPEREZ77
      Hey fellow CBers:

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves during this time of year. I have a question. On December 15th I FINALLY embarked on my app spree after putting it off for longer than I had wished. Well it paid off (more to come on that in another post! )

My question is, I checked my mail on Tuesday and had an Invitation to apply for the Freedom Card. Here is my dilemma/question:

1) During my spree I app'd for and was approved on the CSP $22K and Ink Plus $10K (though I feel that I could have received more had I answered other usage questions with higher numbers). So will this Freedom Invitation be null and void with those recent approvals?

2) If I can apply, do I apply NOW? Or wait til I B* TU and freeze EX? (I am worried if I do this the new accounts will be reporting by then (total 6) and as of right now only Barclay's is reporting with 6 INQ on TU, but I can't freeze EX via online, says I must mail in, so I will call Monday.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated! Thanks to all again, I will be updating CPDB and posting my approvals in the next few days. I know they are baby steps, but I am very happy with results and have CB and all of the awesome members here to thank!!!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ZSIMBA
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines