Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

myFICO TU monitoring is STRANGE

The last post in this topic was posted 2097 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I had not received any updates on my TU file since I signed up on 8/22. Plenty on EX and EQ.

Today I received an alert to a report change dated back to the 1st of October. Dropping my TU FICO 135 points due to a balance change of $107 on a Bankcard. Doesn't even specify what account it is.

When looking at timeline TU increased back to 727 on the 4th.

Only balance of $107 that I have in my accounts is a Cap1 that has NOT reported to TU since I opened in 8/12. I called the EO about 6 weeks ago to address the issue and said they would take care of it.

If this happened on the 1st, I have not seen this account on my TU on my daily pulls for the last 5 days. USAA, MPM, SC and TUP.

Could this be the big Jump in my TU score?

TUdrop_zps11e90805.jpg

Edited by Phantik

Wow, that is insane. I had a drop for the same reason today, but it was a much higher amount and I have no idea where it came from. But mine only dropped 27 points, not 135. Sorry that happened.

Will see what's going on tomorrow when I pull a new report.

myFICO TU monitoring is STRANGE

myFICO TU portion of the monitoring outright sucks. And so do their CSR's.

I too haven't received an update since Aug 23, probably 60 updates between EX and EQ on there though...CSR's don't think that's a problem because - and I quote - "all of the reports should be similiar"

The "Bankcard" notification is the sum of what you owe on all your credit cards combined as reported to Transunion. I had this happen to me as well, but I also had a new "Inquiry" pop at the same time with something called Farley Bank. Since I had never heard of that bank, I quickly pulled my TU report. Nothing of the sort on there. It was only when I compared the Bankcard increase amount to Credit Karma that I realized it was the sum total of all revolving credit.

I have basically written off MyFico monitoring as generally unreliable. It's good to gain a general idea of what might be happening to your scores/reports but nothing more. Has been very buggy as of late. I have had several actions take place on my actual CRA reports that did not report to MyFico at all. All one can hope is that they are fixing the issues and upgrading the service to be more reliable. The one good thing I can say is that the reported scores have been fairly close to the real FICO pulls I have done.

Edited by Headwaters44

TU has not updated anything for me since I signed up. I use CK to see if my reports are updating and kind of get a general idea of what my score is.

As soon as my three months are up I'm canceling the service.

Transunion has had a single update for me, even with several events that should trigger them. Even my Barclay account has updated more frequently in that time. Total waste of money and misrepresented product.

Agree all around. Have only recently started using their product, and other than receiving a somewhat more accurate score than the freebies like Credit Karma, the product is terrible.

I have tried CreditTracker from Experian, which was even more useless than MyFico. It was the same $19.99 per month, but provided only Experian FAKO, although the alerts were timed pretty well to event occurrences. Not sure when it changed, but score only updates twice per month. I can see looking back through my history it was not always that infrequent. Basically, worthless.

I have tried Smart Credit. Not sure if the issue is on their end, or related to changes in my credit report, but the FAKO they provide used to be pretty close to my FICO and would change accordingly. The last few months, it is off by 100 points and almost never changes. Also, often it is a week or more for account changes to show up there, when it is immediate on other services. I also hate having to ask for extra pulls EVERY month. If it is 'unlimited daily pulls' and there are 31 days in a month, why does the account start each month with only 20 pulls? Really, outside of B*, SmartCredit is absolutely worthless even at $9.95.

I have tried Equifax Complete. Their site is SO SLOW that I can literally start pulling an update, go do updates at SmartCredit, Equifax, and CreditKarma, and still be back to their site before it finishes loading the update. That said, they are spot-on with alerts. And not just Equifax alerts. I would get TU and EX alerts before those alerts were on SmartCredit or CreditTracker. The updates alone are not worth $17.95.

CreditScore.com, IdentityGuard, Quizzle, CreditSesame, Credit.com, pretty much anything else you can name that I can try inexpensively for a month (or free), I have tried.

None I have found worth paying for.

I am, however, quite disappointed in the MyFico site. I sort of blame myself though. When any site/business that has no upfront costs to add you as member demands a 3-month commitment, it is usually because they have serious doubts about their product/service and know you would cancel almost immediately. Add in that the FICO scores they provide likely do not match the version a potential creditor would pull, and they are basically another FAKO site selling sub-par information with less than timely updates for $19.95 per month.

I agree with all of the above & do plan to cancel after my 3 months is up as well. I just got an alert today....backdated to Oct 1st, with seemingly relevant changes that SHOULD have impacted scoring in a positive manner, yet no movement.

Are LC and MyFICO both TU08?

I was declined for an LC loan recently the same day I received a score update from Barclay's and the scores were significantly different.

Yes, but I think they are both TU08 and if so, it just proves that the MF product is rubbish. :) That's why I was asking.

Edited by tammylj

When any site/business that has no upfront costs to add you as member demands a 3-month commitment, it is usually because they have serious doubts about their product/service and know you would cancel almost immediately.

When you join 3B monitoring, you get your full credit report from all 3. I think that is their upfront cost and my guess is it's more than $20 and that's why they make you stay for 3 months.

Of course, I didn't really need my full report from all 3 bureaus when I joined. I wanted alerts with score updates and I'm disappointed with how much more limited the non-EQ alerts are. Advertising was not clear on this.

I got the "alert" for a change on TU today. The service is CRAP. Ps. the score has been 723 for a while, this didn't tip off any changes.

7d8aeddb-36ac-429b-903b-c4417d9f028d.gif

Edited by TrishaB

At least you get TU alerts. All of my accounts are reporting IIB and not ONE alert from TU with this service saying as much.

CK has me at 583 and this POS has me at 521. I'm pretty sure I'm closer to 583 than I am to 521 but I refuse to pay for a new report to find out.

Yeah, I wasn't getting TU for a while, then I called in and complained and got them for a while. But they are sporadic. I just got an equifax alert telling me my balance on my barclay's decreased by 17%, no accompanying change in score. UGH. I was better off not knowing.!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2097 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.