mysterious HP on TU, no apps except amex

The last post in this topic was posted 2611 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

INQUIRY DETAILS:

BBOK/CENTRAL BK & TR?

«Banker's Bank of Kansas» in Wichita, KS

member of BBoK is Central Bank and Trust, in Wichita KS

Only familiar names in KS are Dorothy, Glenda, and Credit Karma, which I have not pulled in 8 mos..

WHO could this be? Inquiring minds wish to know= HELP.

This might be a dumb question, so sorry if it is. But did you go to their website yet a read it? Maybe reading the site will trigger something in your brain and you'll have an "ah-ha" moment.

http://www.bbok.com/

yes I did. I have been to Wichita once, in a hailstorm. No names familiar except Credit Karma is located there. Have not pulled CK in 6-8 months.

This is def. weird.

NO, don't ask under the FCRA permissible purpose section since this could be ID theft related,

use FACTA.

Call them up , ask them for information on the application which gave them permissible purpose, Follow up with a letter to the address on the reports.

Dear- __________________

On xx-xx-xxxx, I received a copy of my credit report from TransUnion and noticed an inquiry from your firm. dated xx-xx-xxxx.

I have never applied for any credit from your Bank or affiliates, and have no other accounts with your bank.

I am concerned that this was an attempt at ID theft.

Pursuant to FACTA, please provide the following information.

A copy of account application with Signature, addresses , billing addresses and supply the last 4 digits of the Social security number associated with the account

If an account has been opened, supply all account records , and history of transactions and payments.

If an account has been opened under my name, you are now instructed to close this account under ID theft rules.

You are to remove any inquiries on my records made to any Credit reporting agency

if you do not supply the requested and statutorily required information, I will file complaints with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and turn this matter over to an attorney for review and legal action.

Eagerly Awaiting your Reply,

PS, you have to send Identifying information - a copy of a utility bill with current address and copy of your drivers license will do for an initial inquiry letter.

if they respond that this was only a case of mistaken ID ( someone with the same name , different SS# address ) then they should just remove in inquiry .

if they respond with an ID theft affidavit/ police report requirement - they need to give you sufficient information in order to fill one out.

Thank you ICAN- I have already called and they have nothing to do with amex although TU is their primary pull. The credit card dept is working on it.

I will follow up with a letter - they are calling me back today. They appeared concerned.

Thank you all- this is the first time this has happened to me. But Wichita? pretty crazy. \\

I will follow up with results.

The last post in this topic was posted 2611 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MJPEREZ77
      Hey fellow CBers:

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves during this time of year. I have a question. On December 15th I FINALLY embarked on my app spree after putting it off for longer than I had wished. Well it paid off (more to come on that in another post! )

My question is, I checked my mail on Tuesday and had an Invitation to apply for the Freedom Card. Here is my dilemma/question:

1) During my spree I app'd for and was approved on the CSP $22K and Ink Plus $10K (though I feel that I could have received more had I answered other usage questions with higher numbers). So will this Freedom Invitation be null and void with those recent approvals?

2) If I can apply, do I apply NOW? Or wait til I B* TU and freeze EX? (I am worried if I do this the new accounts will be reporting by then (total 6) and as of right now only Barclay's is reporting with 6 INQ on TU, but I can't freeze EX via online, says I must mail in, so I will call Monday.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated! Thanks to all again, I will be updating CPDB and posting my approvals in the next few days. I know they are baby steps, but I am very happy with results and have CB and all of the awesome members here to thank!!!
    • By david_weaver
      OK, have a late from December 2008 on a car loan. Account was paid in full and closed in February 2009. Was 54 month loan.

Late only shows on TU and was only late on account. Have tried numerous goodwill attempts with no success.

TU says it will fall off November 2015.

When that date comes, will it become a positive account and remain on the report for 3 more years until it hits the 10-year limit, or will the entire trade-line drop off?

As the late is 6 years old, my thinking was that trying to get the late removed with a dispute might cost me the trade-line if it just gets deleted instead of updated, which would hurt my AAOA more than a 6 year old late is hurting my score as the account dates back to 2004. Am I correct in that thinking?

• By mizliz1011
      Sept23-10InquiryTransUnion
      A new inquiry was added to your credit reportBased on TransUnion data FICO® SCORE CHANGE -10 points 687 677 View score history INQUIRY DETAILS 687 to 677 BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE
      Although I am glad that they B* pretty easily, I am a bit aghast to see the above notice from MyFico

This is the only inquiry (hard) that I have on TU...Wow, that stinks
    • By mizliz1011
      decided to check into LC for a check on my TU score before a considered app...

scores on fako have been moving up, only Fico I have is from DCU which went way up

LC, without me entering an amount, instantly declined me- they recognized my email

They gave an EX score as the basis(it is not yet frozen, had to wait until monday when fraud alert comes off)

Didn't know that they EVER pulled EX, always pulled TU to my knowlege (one prior application)

Of course the basis of the turndown was my very worst score but I was shocked at the turndown before the application.

I am assuming it was not a hard pull as I entered no info.

If it is, I will raise holy hell, they also noted too may apps, which is odd because last app was May and I have only that and Verizon phone.

Be Aware of this and don't depend on LC using TU. Something is in the wind...

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dookieblaylock

Important Information

Guidelines