AMEX 61 day woes

hyp0luxa

The last post in this topic was posted 3041 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I requested a 61 day CLI on my Everyday card after seeing 2 SP's in September

They used an SP from August when a rogue collection popped up on my report.

The collection was gone within a week, but the effects remain.

Hopefully they'll use a more recent pull when I try again in 90 days.

Sorry to hear about the decline. I have done some reading about the 61 days. is there a good expectation/consensus for the request to be favorable?

Not necessarily. 61 days is just the soonest you can request a CLI on a new AMEX.

Like everything else, it depends on your overall profile and AMEX internal scoring.

Sorry to hear about the decline. I have done some reading about the 61 days. is there a good expectation/consensus for the request to be favorable?

Not necessarily. 61 days is just the soonest you can request a CLI on a new AMEX.

Like everything else, it depends on your overall profile and AMEX internal scoring.

Good to know. Thank you.

I had similar experience as OP: declined at 61 days on a soft pull done in August although I saw on my reports a more recent pull done in September. Frustrating because my UTL was out of wack during that time (double reporting on a BT) which was, of course, one of the reasons cited for the denial.

FWIW, CapOne did the same thing when I requested a CLI in July.

Did the 61 day 3X CLI on my newest revolver last week. 1st revolver got 3X CLI. 2nd revolver only got 2X CLI after requesting a 3X CLI and this last one I got a "must be reviewed" reply.

A day later got an email telling me they had made a decision and when I checked was pleasantly surprised to see that they did give me a 3X CLI :)

Why all the worry about FR? I was stunned when it happened to me this summer, but if you are being honest about your finances, there is nothing to worry about. Other than hassle of gathering and submitting a lot of paperwork (and being nearly a week without the card), it was a non-issue. If anything, I feel it might have helped as it gave them a chance to do a way more detailed investigation of my finance than they normally would get, and hopefully that makes them more likely to trust me going forward.

well, I just called to recon, they asked if my credit report had been rectified, then said they will resubmit for manual review

on a side note, where is the stellar CS that everyone talks about?

every rep I've spoken to (offshore) has an attitude like they are doing me a favor by talking to me.

Very pushy, rushing me, and not listening completely to what I'm saying.

Edited by hyp0luxa

CLI from what to what, just curious when FR steps in.

Had a rogue CA on my report for two weeks. Gone now but score drop remains the same. Furious.

If you don't want the hassle of an FR then don't ask for more than $25K. If you're not worried about that then go ahead and ask for more than that. When you get a FR it will help you out in the future with higher limits IMO if you didn't embellish too much on your income.

CLI from what to what, just curious when FR steps in.

Had a rogue CA on my report for two weeks. Gone now but score drop remains the same. Furious.

If you don't want the hassle of an FR 4506-T then don't ask for more than $25K. If you're not worried about that then go ahead and ask for more than that. When you get a FR it will help you out in the future with higher limits IMO if you didn't embellish too much on your income.

still declined, my "AMEX risk score" is too high...

I'm starting to feel like AMEX is only good for one thing

Hopefully I will end up with 4 of them in my SD, piddly limits or not

They will grow with you. 61st day 3x isnt in the bag for everyone. Try again when you can

The last post in this topic was posted 3041 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.