Sign in to follow this  
MJPEREZ77

Best Non Centurion Amex

Just wondering if anyone can give me their opinion on an EASY Amex to qualify for. I am gearing up for my own App Spree and am considering Macy's or Dillard's, though I know these aren't Prime Cards, I am wondering if they are even worth app'ing for or if I am missing others. FYI, I am not going to app with BofA or PenFed as I don't believe they aren't a viable option for me at this time (In recent App Spree DW was Declined at PenFed and BofA gave her a $3k Rewards card). Again, any input is greatly appreciated. On a side note, am I understanding correctly, that ANY Amex gets you into the Centurion Lounges for $50? So Macy's or Dillard's would qualify?

And I have seen the thread on Non Centurion Amex, I'm just asking for personal opinion on perhaps the easiest card to get or your favorite. Again, Thanks!

Edited by MJPEREZ77

I was just approved online for Amex Blue Cash Card last night. My credit score is in the 670's. The reviews are the website are good. I think this is one of the easier Amex cards to qualify for.

Just wondering if anyone can give me their opinion on an EASY Amex to qualify for. I am gearing up for my own App Spree and am considering Macy's or Dillard's, though I know these aren't Prime Cards, I am wondering if they are even worth app'ing for or if I am missing others. FYI, I am not going to app with BofA or PenFed as I don't believe they aren't a viable option for me at this time (In recent App Spree DW was Declined at PenFed and BofA gave her a $3k Rewards card). Again, any input is greatly appreciated. On a side note, am I understanding correctly, that ANY Amex gets you into the Centurion Lounges for $50? So Macy's or Dillard's would qualify?

And I have seen the thread on Non Centurion Amex, I'm just asking for personal opinion on perhaps the easiest card to get or your favorite. Again, Thanks!

Any Amex charge or credit card issued by any bank gets you into a Centurion Lounge for $50, which I'd never pay unless I had an eleven-hour layover and I really had to poop.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access

Edited by cv91915

On a side note, am I understanding correctly, that ANY Amex gets you into the Centurion Lounges for $50? So Macy's or Dillard's would qualify?

I've been to the lounge in DFW and I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. I think your $50 would get you more at other food venders in the airport. Most of the write-ups on the internet that rave about these airport lounges are written by people trying to sell you AMEX cards. The AMEX one at DFW has better free food than the AA Admirals club but the Admirals club just offers pretzels, cookies, muffins, and that's about it for free. The AMEX lounge has more variety with some meat and you can actually make a meal of it so if you have a platinum card and get in for free it is worth walking over there. But there is no way I would pay $50. I'd rather spend the money at Chili's or Friday's, someplace at the airport like that. Just my opinion. The AMEX lounge is also starting to get crowded where you might have to look around for a place to sit. At least that is the way it was the last time I was there.

Edited by Tyra

On a side note, am I understanding correctly, that ANY Amex gets you into the Centurion Lounges for $50? So Macy's or Dillard's would qualify?

I've been to the lounge in DFW and I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. I think your $50 would get you more at other food venders in the airport. Most of the write-ups on the internet that rave about these airport lounges are written by people trying to sell you AMEX cards. The AMEX one at DFW has better free food than the AA Admirals club but the Admirals club just offers pretzels, cookies, muffins, and that's about it for free. The AMEX lounge has more variety with some meat and you can actually make a meal of it so if you have a platinum card and get in for free it is worth walking over there. But there is no way I would pay $50. I'd rather spend the money at Chili's or Friday's, someplace at the airport like that. Just my opinion.

I don't know anyone who appreciates and values airport clubs primarily for the food.

Sounds like PP is saying the better overall experience, which includes food, can be had elsewhere.

I imagine the lounge access relative comfort, food, seating, & rest room facilities are all potential value added to varying degrees.

Edited by virtualtreasure

I have the gnome and dillards. The only reason for the dillards was because the DW spends a ton there every month and after 2k you get perks/free shipping and other stuff. I have the gnome because I travel for my job and the rewards are ok. If you can't get a real amex look into travelocity instead of dillards. JMHO

Thank you all for your post and input! I haven't traveled as frequently as I use to for business, but that will be picking up. I am a former Admiral's Club Member and thought that was a great lounge. I had read a ton about the Centurion Lounges hence my question. Guess I sometimes forget that a lot of the hyped up reviews online are "paid advertising" of sorts, lol. As for the Travelocity Amex, since I plan on apping for the Barclays US Airways Personal and Business on my first spree, I don't think that will be an option for me, but thanks for the idea. I was considering Dillard's due to being issued by GECRB, hoping for lax underwriting, though all my FAKOS seem to be 700+.