Help me get from 0 to 800

RussInGotham

The last post in this topic was posted 2367 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I then called Cap One's EO. Incredible service. I hung up feeling like a million bucks, and I don't even have a CLI yet. I asked for a CLI from $1.7K to $10K, a PC from QS1 to QS, and a network upgrade from MC Platinum to MC World Elite. I just want World Elite for the shiny silver logo. :P I was told that this would take a few business days, and that I should hear something by the middle of this week. I got the vibe that a WEMC isn't likely to happen. My gut tells me that I'll get a CLI to $5K, and a PC to a World MC QS. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'll call.

I called Cap One yesterday. Left a voicemail in the morning, and another in the evening. Haven't heard anything yet. I'v logged into Cap One about a gazillion times looking for the CLI. No dice.

I also called Citi's EO yesterday asking for a CLI for my $2.5K Double Cash. Asked them to match the $16.7K on my Fidelity Amex. A CLI came through an hour ago. $12.3K! :yahoo: This is now my second highest limit. :D

Nice ~5× CLI!

Thanks! It's almost 5x. Have you ever punched numbers on a microwave oven in a sequence that has little to do with what's needed? Like 1:23, or 34 seconds? I see a credit analyst just going 1-2-3 on a keypad because it's easier than 1-2-5. Soooo close to 5x. I thought about calling back for another $45, but I don't want another hit on EQ less than a month before my next spree.

The Ouija board wouldn't point to 1, 2 then 5. It would just go across the board to 1, 2, then 3

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I then called Cap One's EO. Incredible service. I hung up feeling like a million bucks, and I don't even have a CLI yet. I asked for a CLI from $1.7K to $10K, a PC from QS1 to QS, and a network upgrade from MC Platinum to MC World Elite. I just want World Elite for the shiny silver logo. :P I was told that this would take a few business days, and that I should hear something by the middle of this week. I got the vibe that a WEMC isn't likely to happen. My gut tells me that I'll get a CLI to $5K, and a PC to a World MC QS. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'll call.

I called Cap One yesterday. Left a voicemail in the morning, and another in the evening. Haven't heard anything yet. I'v logged into Cap One about a gazillion times looking for the CLI. No dice.

I also called Citi's EO yesterday asking for a CLI for my $2.5K Double Cash. Asked them to match the $16.7K on my Fidelity Amex. A CLI came through an hour ago. $12.3K! :yahoo: This is now my second highest limit. :D

Nice ~5× CLI!

Thanks! It's almost 5x. Have you ever punched numbers on a microwave oven in a sequence that has little to do with what's needed? Like 1:23, or 34 seconds? I see a credit analyst just going 1-2-3 on a keypad because it's easier than 1-2-5. Soooo close to 5x. I thought about calling back for another $45, but I don't want another hit on EQ less than a month before my next spree.

The Ouija board wouldn't point to 1, 2 then 5. It would just go across the board to 1, 2, then 3

This makes perfect sense. :good:

I thought about calling back for another $45...

Liar. :D

I learned from the best! :blush2::wub:

Oh, you two!

:blush2:

You're posting in the middle of the day so does this mean that Ms. HL has some free time??

It means she hasn't fully woken up for her workday that will begin in about 90 mins. :(

Oh, you two!

You're posting in the middle of the day so does this mean that Ms. HL has some free time??

It means she hasn't fully woken up for her workday that will begin in about 90 mins. :(

Oh man :(

We should chat soon about a trip down south.

"I now prounounce thee" ... something something something ... "You may now exchange your AUs"

:rofl:

Finally heard back from Cap One's EO. The CLI is declined because it's less than six months since the last one. The last CLI was automatic from their credit steps, and not requested by me. :aggressive:

I'll wait until I get the letter, then call back and ask for a recon. :ph34r: If they won't budge, It will be August before I can request a CLI.

My Eq 08 FICO just dropped from 802 to 795. Here's what happened.

I had two hard pulls on Eq.

Earlier this week, I opened a checking account with DCU. This is something that I should have done when I opened a savings account with them. Hard pull on Eq. With three inquiries, my Eq 08 FICO did not change, and remained 802.

Two days ago, I called Citi for a CLI. They gave me that yesterday, along with another inquiry on Eq. Just got a notification from MF. I now have four inquiries on Eq, and my Eq 08 dropped from 802 to 795.

Not a big deal. Just part of the building process.

Oh, you two!
"I now prounounce thee" ... something something something ... "You may now exchange your AUs"
He's not getting into NFCU without coughing up a ring.

Time to start buying boxes of Cracker Jack. :search:

Finally heard back from Cap One's EO. The CLI is declined because it's less than six months since the last one. The last CLI was automatic from their credit steps, and not requested by me. :aggressive:

I'll wait until I get the letter, then call back and ask for a recon. :ph34r: If they won't budge, It will be August before I can request a CLI.

They're not going to budge on that.

If you don't already have this set up, use a spreadsheet to track your cards. Make sure you note the last CLI for each card. I request a CLI on my Cap1 card through the EO every 6 months + 1 day and am 4/4 so far.

They're not going to budge on that.

If you don't already have this set up, use a spreadsheet to track your cards. Make sure you note the last CLI for each card. I request a CLI on my Cap1 card through the EO every 6 months + 1 day and am 4/4 so far.

I use nyrfann's spreadsheet. It's disappointing if I can't get the CLI before my upcoming app spree, but the Citi CLI makes up for it. I wanted three trade lines that are at least $10K, and I'll have that as soon as the Citi Double Cash reports in a few weeks.

The Cap One won't be used until I get a CLI, with the possible exception of Über. Hopefully non-use will stop Credit Steps.

• 2 weeks later...

So I called Synchrony for a CLI for my $10K Ebates card. Again. I was denied. Again. :beee:

Just called again. Wash, rinse, repeat. :beee:

You're making me want to call in my Walmart card again, and I've already gotten 2 CLIs this month on it. :lol:

So I called Synchrony for a CLI for my $10K Ebates card. Again. I was denied. Again. :beee:

You're making me want to call in my Walmart card again, and I've already gotten 2 CLIs this month on it. :lol:

So you've been hogging up all the Synchrony CLIs? :aggressive:

So you've been hogging up all the Synchrony CLIs? :aggressive:

OK, I'm definitely calling again now.

just read this from the beginning... and to think I have met this master of the universe...

I hit the love button for Walmart... no dice. I have never used the card exc. to repeatedly sign up for my TU score, ahem...

I guess that is fair. I actually had to go into a Walmart in SC for bugspray but I don't carry the card around with me...

I will have to order something over the internet a few times..

i CAN sort of see their point!

Russ, Cracker Jacks won't cut it. Just saying...I hear that they are having a sale on curtain rings at Home Depot, however, gold ones...

The last post in this topic was posted 2367 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.