Do I need to join the NASA FCU to apply for card.

The last post in this topic was posted 2389 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Admin

Hey everyone. Do I need to join the Nasa CU in orde to apply for the credit card. Let me know.

If you did apply and were approved, and then found out you MUST join the credit union in order to receive the product for which you were approved........What would you have gained?

I'd be willing to bet more than one hard pull on your credit file(s).

Hey everyone. Do I need to join the Nasa CU in orde to apply for the credit card. Let me know.

If you did apply and were approved, and then found out you MUST join the credit union in order to receive the product for which you were approved........What would you have gained?

I'd be willing to bet more than one hard pull on your credit file(s).

In the current long thread, people are getting soft inquiries only if they complete membership first and then apply for a CC.

Shifter should know this because he didn't pay attention and ended up with a hard inq on EX.

No

I'm confused

So you didn't learn anything the other day or

did you just intentionally try to steer a newbie wrong?

Which is it?

The question was if you need to join first, the answer is no. Nobody even mentioned EX or hard EX or any EX.

The point is, when you know what will happen, share the complete info.

No

I'm confused

So you didn't learn anything the other day or

did you just intentionally try to steer a newbie wrong?

Which is it?

The question was if you need to join first, the answer is no. Nobody even mentioned EX or hard EX or any EX.

The point is, when you know what will happen, share the complete info.

Just spare the dude a hit on EX. They last two years. Throw the dude a solid.

Always expect a hard, no matter what machinations you might follow to avoid it. For a possible 30K limit, sure, I'll take it.

Let's assume you cold app NASA (as suggested), then you learn you could have avoided a hp (on EX) if someone would have typed just a few more words? Sure, it's on you. I get that. Would you feel like the advise of "No", un-punctuated, helped you in any way?

Edited by ubercat

Always expect a hard, no matter what machinations you might follow to avoid it. For a possible 30K limit, sure, I'll take it.

Of course, but why not share useful information like this?

There should be some kind of rule where you can't post an answer that paints another CBer into performing a shifter. It should be called "The Good Samaritan Law". ROFL! Cut OP a break. Just be kind. LOL!

Edited by ubercat

I interpreted the question as meaning, "Do I have to be a member to have a credit card account?" The answer to THAT is yes. But if it's phrased the way it was in OP, sure...if I wanna behave like a horse's patootie, I can answer it literally. But if my farrier is booked up for the month, and I have a show to prance in, I may wanna take an alternate route:

1. Ask a clarifying question.
  2. Give a comprehensive answer that covers the obvious bases. That is to say, the answers that would be important to ME, if I were a newcomer looking to tenured members for guidance. :wave:
  3. Click on my merry way to another thread and leave it to someone with more patience and/or tolerance for such things.

I have read conflicting information on this board and Myfico. Regardless of the hard pull / soft pull aspect... If you don't have to join to apply for the credit card and you can be approved without joining. Then what happens when you are approved? Are you forced to join or can you just get the card and use it like any other visa/mastercard without being a member ? Reason I ask, my membership is still pending because they are waiting for me to upload my ss card which I am waiting for a loss replacement, however my card has already been funded and reporting to the credit bureaus. I am assuming the card is in the mail at this point.

Edited by direct

hard love

It's ok.

I can handle

a few CU homers. ;)

The point is, rather than just say no, why not share the information that you know? Why steer someone in the direction of a sure EX hit when you know how that can most likely be avoided?

Be helpful, or if you can't be bothered to share all of the information that should be posted, don't bother posting. :good:

Thanks everyone for looking out for me. I will post the results. Thanks to you guys I received my first credit card (after repairing my credit I received a Barclays for $1,000. TU Hard Inquiry.) All you people are amazing!!!!!

Congrats ! It only gets better from here !

The last post in this topic was posted 2389 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.