NASA are you kidding me!!! Someone HAS to be playing me!!

Phantik

The last post in this topic was posted 2115 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So, NASA has closed both of my 25K limit cards. I thought maybe they would lower the credit limits, but they are closed, with no form of communication, and on my report it shows both as "closed by credit grantor" they requested my tax returns, which I gave them access to, but explained to them I make twice the amount currently, and sent them recent pay stubs. They said they would not acknowledge any paystubs sent in. I have sent an email to the lady I was corresponding with, but have not heard back from her

Edited by Tatortodd

Tatortodd are you self employed? Is that why they need 2 years of tax returns?

Sorry about your cards.

No, I work for the government :)

I'm just surprised I was not informed this would happen. My account still shows them as open, but I got an alert of account changes on Equifax.com and MyFico, and now shows them both closed, by credit grantor

Edited by Tatortodd

So, NASA has closed both of my 25K limit cards. I thought maybe they would lower the credit limits, but they are closed, with no form of communication, and on my report it shows both as "closed by credit grantor" they requested my tax returns, which I gave them access to, but explained to them I make twice the amount currently, and sent them recent pay stubs. They said they would not acknowledge any paystubs sent in. I have sent an email to the lady I was corresponding with, but have not heard back from her

And so it begins...

Sorry to hear about this happening to you, but I bet there will be plenty of closures on the huge lines with no documentation.

And so it begins...

Sorry to hear about this happening to you, but I bet there will be plenty of closures on the huge lines with no documentation.

this is obviously a special situation where income could not be verified. I'm not seeing this happening to others just for the heck of it. So let's not go there yet.

Edited by stroked89coupe

And so it begins...

this is obviously a special situation where income could not be verified. I'm not seeing this happening to others just for the heck of it. So let's not go there yet.

Agreed. I don't think (many) others applied for two cards and were instantly approved(no manual review) for their higher/max limits. (I got greedy) But, it is unfortunate that it has ended this way. I would think that a 65k (tax return amount) would still be good enough for some limits on their cards. Still have not heard back from the representative who I had handled all this with. When I log onto my NASA account, both cards still show active. No balance, but nothing seems abnormal. TU even updated today with them being closed.

Also, I assume having them say "closed by credit grantor" is a bad thing, right?

I do believe this is a very singled out/special circumstance and not the way they will be conducting business with most others.

And so it begins...

Agreed. I don't think (many) others applied for two cards and were instantly approved(no manual review) for their higher/max limits. (I got greedy) But, it is unfortunate that it has ended this way. I would think that a 65k (tax return amount) would still be good enough for some limits on their cards. Still have not heard back from the representative who I had handled all this with. When I log onto my NASA account, both cards still show active. No balance, but nothing seems abnormal. TU even updated today with them being closed.

Also, I assume having them say "closed by credit grantor" is a bad thing, right?

I do believe this is a very singled out/special circumstance and not the way they will be conducting business with most others.

I'm not sure "closed by credit grantor" is necissarily a bad thing. I had two USAA secured cards and when I closed them that's how mine reported. Techinically because they were secured by my money I guess I was in fact the "credit grantor". Kinda weird but in all the times I've recon'd applications no anylyst has ever brought up my USAA closed accounts.

And so it begins...

They definitely did not do you right though. In my opinion. From an outsiders point of view anyway.....

Membership team wants an HP on EX but said card request would be an SP. Both will be reviewed today and will send me a decision by COB today... :dntknw:

UPDATE: I gave them a one-time use code for the HP. The rep placed me on hold and then came back to say they were able to access the report. I pulled an updated EX report and their pull was actually a SP!! We'll see what happens...

Edited by BoxCar44

And so it begins...

I'm not sure "closed by credit grantor" is necissarily a bad thing. I had two USAA secured cards and when I closed them that's how mine reported. Techinically because they were secured by my money I guess I was in fact the "credit grantor". Kinda weird but in all the times I've recon'd applications no anylyst has ever brought up my USAA closed accounts.

"Closed by credit grantor" means nothing, don't worry about it.

Guest KristofsMom

Has anyone that mentioned RECON.... Had any success?

I was initially declined, called in and told them it was probably due to my amex charge balance being so high but that it was a PIF card. .said she would take a new app and get it manually reviewed. . It never showed up as a new app just went from denied to approved with 30k limit and lowest apr an hour later.. its worth a shot!

Ahhh.... I always wonder about stuff like this! Congrats to you :). I hope others have the same results when having to recon!

It sucks seeing them closing accounts now...... :(

Phantic,

In regards to the above post, Did I miss something? Did the card end up not being approved?

It's all good. It was just a little joke. Last line is missing on that last post

Already over 2.5K spending. Might have to do a bit of MS next year.

Edited by Phantik

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that the flooding of application has died down. Submitted my credit card application (without membership or savings) and was approved after 2 hours with stipulations (proof of income and address).

Does anybody have any update as to how long it has taken before you received the card since the wave of applications in Sept- October?

It seems that the flooding of application has died down. Submitted my credit card application (without membership or savings) and was approved after 2 hours with stipulations (proof of income and address).

Does anybody have any update as to how long it has taken before you received the card since the wave of applications in Sept- October?nd

For others who missed this info, 1st app membership, if looking for a shot at hard free cc app.

The last post in this topic was posted 2115 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.