Sign in to follow this  
tammylj

NFCU suspended my accounts

No one does, DFAS is also monitored like a hawk. I entered what I thought my password was two times incorrectly and I received an immediate phone call and they had everything about my computer etc. I needed the VA loan certification documents. So no Navy never would be able to access DFAS. DON'T know if they have spread similar misinformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say it, but there is a dark side of Navy. Very dark.

They will tell you they have access to DFAS, but it's false.

They will pretend to be actual NCIS agents when they -- often wrongly -- suspect irregularities with your account.

They will lie like rugs to the debtor and their CO in their attempts to collect on overdue accounts. They will skirt every law and regulation on the books in attempts to collect.

But at many other times they are the next best thing to sliced bread.Just have to keep your eyes open.

Or, just pay back any borrowed money. Simple.

Simplistic.

There are many reasons why people don't pay what they owe, but whatever the reason creditors still need to follow the law. I thought that was one of the basic tenets of CB. ;)

But more importantly, for me, is that I don't need the whiny little beaches calling me every time one of the people in my regiment has problems. Funny how DoD agrees. Now THAT is simple.

+1

What a charming place to do business.

Seriously, what a pain.

If this was Chase or Wells Fargo there would be a lynch mob here.

Well, I do remember WF asking for docs on some apps..there was outrage. I don't believe there's one lender on CB that's been exempt from criticism as a result of business practice.

Because of the military affiliation restriction, I believe NFCU may be going to greater lengths for newer members to prove eligibility. And given the various places on the internet where people try to backdoor it. I see where they are coming from...

Their main concern is an NCUA audit.

Banks are always -- and now more than ever -- making a stink about the advantages given to credit unions when, at least in the eyes of the banks, they abuse them. Being the largest, Navy needs to keep a tight rein on their membership criteria.

Also, to a lesser extent, with loser eligibility requirements Navy would be a victim of their own success. According to a few Navy executives, their biggest challenge by far is collocation of assets -- how to make their boatload of cash productive so they can afford 5% CDs, interest-free loans for a year and granting credit to those other lenders wouldn't touch with the poopy end of the stick.

Edited by PotO

Seriously, what a pain.

Well, I do remember WF asking for docs on some apps..there was outrage. I don't believe there's one lender on CB that's been exempt from criticism as a result of business practice.

Because of the military affiliation restriction, I believe NFCU may be going to greater lengths for newer members to prove eligibility. And given the various places on the internet where people try to backdoor it. I see where they are coming from...

Banks are always -- and now more than ever -- making a stink about the advantages given to credit unions when, at least in the eyes of the banks, they abuse them. Being the largest, Navy needs to keep a tight rein on their membership criteria.

Also, to a lesser extent, with loser eligibility requirements Navy would be a victim of their own success. According to a few Navy executives, their biggest challenge by far is collocation of assets -- how to make their boatload of cash productive so they can afford 5% CDs, interest-free loans for a year and granting credit to those other lenders wouldn't touch with the poopy end of the stick.

:rofl:

Seriously, what a pain.

Exactly!! :clapping::good:

Seriously, what a pain.

Looser vs Loser. :)

I phuked up.

Is there a smiley for embarrassed and distraught?

Seriously, what a pain.

I totally agree. Navy must highly scrutinize their new members to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements. NFCU has been growing its membership base by 500k+ members for the past few years. The banking industry is watching NFCU and other large credit unions closely because of increasing competition. I have been a member of NFCU for years not because of their credit lines but because of their service to their customers. My goal was to esabish a relationship with my financial institution and NFCU was the obvious choice for me. I will join some of the others on here who LOVE this credit union:-).

NFCU can be kind of funny sometimes. With me there wasn't a single question of military or family affiliation when I joined.

Still not sure how I was approved. Only thing I can assume is they saw USAA credit cards on my CR at the time (you had to be a member then to get a CC from USAA) and just assumed I was gtg? I really don't know.

You will be fine im sure.